I was a former BlackBerry enthusiast from the good ol' days up until 2012 when I unfortunately sold out and went to IOS. After 2 years on IOS and moving to android for 2 years with a Samsung, i'm finally back to holding a Blackberry .

I've used the PRIV for over a year now. It is still my original device with no warranty replacements. I have experience literally all the issues that members address on Crackberry haha. Overheating, clicking batter cover, lifting screen on the lower left part of the slider etc.

All that being said, I'm still loving the phone! I've learned to use this phone in a way that I haven't had terrible battery concerns or performance issues. (Following all the tips from the forums).

If you are not a heavy user, the PRIV is fantastic and turns heads in public. I highly recommend it for any mobile non conformist that wants to stand against the evil phone empires! I plan to continue to use this device as long as I can!!
    FF22 and Nathan Conley like this.
    07-17-17 05:22 PM
    Yes, the Priv is still a capable device. Unique, functional and still look modern and relevant with curve screen. Better call quality and reception than my Dtek 60
    joesPRIV and Nathan Conley like this.
    07-17-17 09:22 PM
    I left blackberry for a year or so to try other android phones. I started to miss the keyboard. I chose Priv despite some of the negative feedback from it. Battery was the biggest complaint about this phone and honestly, that is the last thing I can complain about from this phone.

There is definitely more to love than hate about this phone. I got the BlackBerry experience plus android for apps; and the price was good. I will keep this phone for a long time.
    07-17-17 10:19 PM
    So happy to hear that a year in you're still loving your device. Whenever I slide out the keyboard it is literally a head Turner.
    07-17-17 10:28 PM
    The antenna on this thing blows everything out there away. Call quality is outstanding. The keyboard is great. The screen is still as good as anything not named the galaxy S8.

I've been lucky. Not a single problem since I got Marshmallow. Build quality on mine is perfect. Best phone I've ever owned. And yes, battery life should be better, but it is powering a 5.4" QHD screen. Dim it some, and you'll find it's average and 5 + hours SOT is still possible for me after well over a year.
    Last edited by Nathan Conley; 07-18-17 at 07:26 AM.
    07-18-17 01:07 AM
    Other than the phone being a frying pan very frequently, this is a hella cool phone
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-17 04:06 AM
    Love this form factor and really hope BBMOBILE will bring an updated one, but I won't hold my breath for it.

I do have the clicky back and there have been times the I struggled with stuttering and lag and over Heating. But after I replaced the Facebook app with Friendly, those problems have completely disappeared. Not sure why my Priv didn't like Facebook, but I am sure glad there was an alternative.

I carry my Priv naked. I do have a Seidio Surface slider case, but don't use it too much anymore. I really like how this phone feels and looks. And, yes, it is a head-turner. People notice when I use it.

I do hope BlackBerry will eventually update it to Nougat, but on Marshmallow it still is a productivity beast.
    Fastmarc likes this.
    07-18-17 09:43 AM
    Love this form factor and really hope BBMOBILE will bring an updated one, but I won't hold my breath for it.

I do have the clicky back and there have been times the I struggled with stuttering and lag and over Heating. But after I replaced the Facebook app with Friendly, those problems have completely disappeared. Not sure why my Priv didn't like Facebook, but I am sure glad there was an alternative.

I carry my Priv naked. I do have a Seidio Surface slider case, but don't use it too much anymore. I really like how this phone feels and looks. And, yes, it is a head-turner. People notice when I use it.

I do hope BlackBerry will eventually update it to Nougat, but on Marshmallow it still is a productivity beast.
    Thanks for the tip! I just downloaded Friendly and am going to try it out. I'm always open to ways I can save that precious battery life.
    07-18-17 04:48 PM
    I agree with OP completely. Best and favorite phone I have ever owned. I will also be using this sweet thing until a suitable replacement is ever released
    07-18-17 09:54 PM