So the screen of my Priv is broken. I only have screen in fastboot mode. The local tech guy tried replacing the cable from the motherboard to screen but that wasn't the issue. He noted that the GPU got really hot, so he expect it to be a defect in the GPU. So to fix it, new motherboard...
    Well not going to happen.

I was now wondering is the Priv can still have some use? Lucky i can access the phone with Vysor for back ups. Do you guys maybe still have suggestions/ideas?

Cheers

(I'm not ready to let go yet...)
    02-06-18 02:40 PM
    So the screen of my Priv is broken. I only have screen in fastboot mode. The local tech guy tried replacing the cable from the motherboard to screen but that wasn't the issue. He noted that the GPU got really hot, so he expect it to be a defect in the GPU. So to fix it, new motherboard...
    Well not going to happen.

I was now wondering is the Priv can still have some use? Lucky i can access the phone with Vysor for back ups. Do you guys maybe still have suggestions/ideas?

Cheers

(I'm not ready to let go yet...)
    Handwarmer in wintertime? Paperweight especially in summertime if windows are open?

Seriously, not sounding good. You can buy a new PRIV cheaper than fixing since parts aren't common inventory.
    02-06-18 02:59 PM
    Also possible yes, I can still connect to the TV and make use off the emulators.
    Thats something I guess
    02-06-18 04:38 PM
    The GPU is on the same chip as the CPU and RAM, and the Snapdragon 808/810 is known to go supernova at times. Frankly, the best you can do is get anything that isn't backed up off of the phone and look elsewhere, be it another Priv or a better phone.
    02-06-18 04:43 PM