I'm generally pretty careful about my phone's charging/USB port. Never had an issue and 2 years with my Z30 and as as positive a contact as day 1.

Imagine my surprise when after 2 weeks my Priv wouldn't charge due to a weak port connection.

Blackberry support was excellent and even handed me off to my carrier's support line (Rogers, also excellent) and a new Priv is on its way. Temporary fixed with a jewelers screwdriver and pushed down on the connector. (Don't risk unless you know what you are doing).

Wish I had the wireless charging though.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 10:10 AM
    I hope this doesn't happen to mine. Does anyone know how long ShopBB warranty is?
    11-29-15 05:03 PM
    ShopBB warranty is one year and they will cover everything but physical damage cause by neglect or misuse, you can also opt for BlackBerry's extended warranty which lasts up to 2 years and covers any damage be it physical or manufacturing defects for 5.25/month and a deductible of 129.99 when/if the phone is ever broken ie. cracked screen etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 06:55 PM
    I'm generally pretty careful about my phone's charging/USB port. Never had an issue and 2 years with my Z30 and as as positive a contact as day 1.

Imagine my surprise when after 2 weeks my Priv wouldn't charge due to a weak port connection.

Blackberry support was excellent and even handed me off to my carrier's support line (Rogers, also excellent) and a new Priv is on its way. Temporary fixed with a jewelers screwdriver and pushed down on the connector. (Don't risk unless you know what you are doing).

Wish I had the wireless charging though.

Did they say it was new or refurbished?
    How long was the ETA?
    Which support line for Rogers did you call?

(I am having screen/slider issues)

Thanks
    11-29-15 07:11 PM
    Hmmm, it is things like this that make me wonder if there are QC issues. Could they be unprepared for the demand, and pushing them out too fast?
    11-29-15 07:46 PM
    Did they say it was new or refurbished?
    How long was the ETA?
    Which support line for Rogers did you call?

(I am having screen/slider issues)

Thanks
    I Would call the dedicated support line for the Priv. They asked where I bought the phone and initiated the claim process on my behalf. It all went very fast and quite impressive service. I'm glad BlackBerry is putting resources into end user support. Before support was so bad it didn't even exist, lol.

11-29-15 08:12 PM
    Mine can be wobbled back a forth a bit. I hope this doesn't mean mine is going to break
    11-30-15 07:47 AM
    one of the reasons I use one of these..

USB port already loose-original-wsken-micro-usb-charger-cable-android-universal-magnetic-cable-samsung-huawei-h.jpg
    app_Developer and Matt J like this.
    11-30-15 09:14 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original-Wsken-Micro-USB-charger-cable-For-Android-Universal-Magnetic-cable-For-SAMSUNG-HUAWEI-H.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	382616
    I've been looking all over for one of these. Where did you find it?
    11-30-15 09:15 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original-Wsken-Micro-USB-charger-cable-For-Android-Universal-Magnetic-cable-For-SAMSUNG-HUAWEI-H.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	382616
    Can you give a link to this? Does quick charging work with it and what about data?

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    11-30-15 09:19 AM
    I've been looking all over for one of these. Where did you find it?
    Just search magnetic usb charging cable. eBay or amazon
    11-30-15 09:19 AM
    Can you give a link to this? Does quick charging work with it and what about data?

College Valedictorian.. I.T. Pro... Red Passport on 10.3.1.2576 on ATT.. SoFlo... #LexusBoys #TeamVossen ...... #TeamVySol
    QC 2.0 works.. I am using the magnetic cable with Aukey QC 2.0. cable seems to be fine with it.. does not get warm or anything. I haven't tried it with data though.. I dont think data works.
    11-30-15 09:21 AM
    11-30-15 09:24 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00YH0...UvbUpU12117555

Found this on Amazon!

11-30-15 09:26 AM
    Although you should note that.. the magnetic usb fits tightly into the usb port on the priv, this is so that it does not come off easily when you are pulling the magnetic cable off the priv. Which means that if you are planning to be plugging and unplugging the magnetic usb (ie to use the data transfer on pc etc..) I dont recommend you using it.. you will most likely wear out the usb port on the priv
    11-30-15 09:28 AM
    Although you should note that.. the magnetic usb fits tightly into the usb port on the priv, this is so that it does not come off easily when you are pulling the magnetic cable off the priv. Which means that if you are planning to be plugging and unplugging the magnetic usb (ie to use the data transfer on pc etc..) I dont recommend you using it.. you will most likely wear out the usb port on the priv
    are you 100% positive data transfer doesn't work?
    11-30-15 09:29 AM
    Sadly I don't think this will be good for the Passport b/c it may cover the Mic

11-30-15 09:31 AM

Is this the legit one, or some fake clone?
    the WSKEN quality isnt that great.. kinda B-ish quality control.. but it works.. not sure about clones though. they re from china so probably same factory.
    11-30-15 09:33 AM
    Sadly I don't think this will be good for the Passport b/c it may cover the Mic

works on passport se..the mic is not covered.. but very close
    11-30-15 09:34 AM
    An adapter would be nice that I can just plug my current micro usb into. I have 3 main spots where I like to keep chargers plugged in. I would have to buy 3 separate chargers with all the pieces.

Just the adapter and magnet would mean i could ust use one of my many micro usb's and just plug the end onto it. Like the Lighting to micro-usb adapters apple makes

11-30-15 09:34 AM
    works on passport..the mic is not covered.. but very close
    Can you tell me if this is the legit product? - Wsken Micro USB Magnetic Adapter Charger Cable FOR Samsung Galaxy S6 S6 Edge | eBay
    11-30-15 09:35 AM
    I dont think it does..but I am not 100%. I have plugged the priv to my pc using the magnetic cable.. the pc detects the Blackberry STV100-1 but does not show any contents of the phone and I cannot create folders or anything.
    11-30-15 09:39 AM
    I dont think it does..but I am not 100%. I have plugged the priv to my pc using the magnetic cable.. the pc detects the Blackberry STV100-1 but does not show any contents of the phone and I cannot create folders or anything.
    try turning on SD Card Mass Storage when the notification appears.
    11-30-15 09:40 AM
    try turning on SD Card Mass Storage when the notification appears.
    Ok! data works 100%.. I turned on the Mount SD card when the notification appeared as you said.
    11-30-15 09:46 AM
    Ok! data works 100%.. I turned on the Mount SD card when the notification appeared as you said.
    Awesome. Now to figure out if the Cable comes with the adapter or if I have to buy them separately.
    11-30-15 09:48 AM
34 12