So if indeed Robellus is getting STV100-3, and they are sure it won't have wireless charging, then it becomes a choice of the world phone bands vs charging...

Provided ShopBB is correct as well, that is...

Band numbers still don't add up with STV100-3 and the Telus specs though.
    10-30-15 04:17 PM
    @GP540 says the model number that he tested was -3...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12030471
    10-30-15 04:19 PM
    @GP540 says the model number that he tested was -3...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12030471
    That's what I was referring to. But if you look at the specs on Telus' site and raino's chart decoded from FCC, the numbers don't add up.
    10-30-15 04:51 PM
    I would think that the people who had access to the Priv up until very recently all had -1 preproduction and production units.
    10-30-15 04:58 PM
    Yeah i saw, ill check the store next friday.
    10-30-15 04:59 PM
    I would think that the people who had access to the Priv up until very recently all had -1 preproduction and production units.
    Android Authority got -6. And that had T-Mobile bloatware on it.
    10-30-15 05:01 PM
    They have already noted that they need to change the website error of not listing the wireless charging on the Canadian Shopblackberry.
    ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV

Still not updated, but I guess it was late in the day.
    10-31-15 11:35 AM
    ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV

Still not updated, but I guess it was late in the day.
    I wouldn't expect it to be anytime soon, DR is so slow.
    10-31-15 02:08 PM
    WTF are you talking about???
    11-01-15 12:25 AM
    WTF are you talking about???
    You know what I'm talking about!
    11-01-15 12:26 AM
    Sounds all very fancy. Still a steep price though...

Posted via CB10
    How much did you want to spend?
    11-01-15 12:32 AM
    I can't wait until all these haters start to complain about all those apps!!!!! Please people, can we just wait until the phone is out, before we kill it.
    11-01-15 12:37 AM
    I wouldn't expect it to be anytime soon, DR is so slow.
    Still not updated.
    11-02-15 12:20 PM
    Still not updated.
    Going to call again today to confirm, if anything we will just have to see next week
    11-02-15 12:27 PM
    Going to call again today to confirm, if anything we will just have to see next week
    I just phoned. See my post #82 here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...31/index4.html

~S
    11-02-15 12:52 PM
    I just phoned. See my post #82 here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...31/index4.html

~S
    Lol that's why I hate shopbb... I emailed and phone 4 times in total and got the same answer, yes it does have it.

Honestly probably just have to see next week
    11-02-15 01:18 PM
    Non removable battery? Why do manufacturers do this? Now I can't buy a spare battery in case of emergency.
    11-03-15 02:54 PM
    Non removable battery? Why do manufacturers do this? Now I can't buy a spare battery in case of emergency.
    Because it makes the phone bulkier, introduces contacts that can wear out, and because batteries last much longer now and can get through a day. Power packs are abundant and cheap too when you're in a rare jam. Chargers are standardised now, and are all over the place.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Omnitech likes this.
    11-03-15 02:59 PM
    Maybe the government wants batteries non-removable so they can ping phones even if they're turned off. Can't disappear if you can't remove the battery.

Of course the bad guys use burner phones. So maybe I'm just super suspicious about our government. Sounds good enough to be put in a cop show though.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-03-15 09:06 PM
    Maybe the government wants batteries non-removable so they can ping phones even if they're turned off. Can't disappear if you can't remove the battery.

Of course the bad guys use burner phones. So maybe I'm just super suspicious about our government. Sounds good enough to be put in a cop show though.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    More like: Non-Removable batteries are cheaper, but the company can still charge the same for the phone that it did for the one with the removable battery. Same with no SD slots.
    11-04-15 08:33 AM
    More like: Non-Removable batteries are cheaper, but the company can still charge the same for the phone that it did for the one with the removable battery. Same with no SD slots.
    ...same with no keyboards

Though I do like the government conspiracy angle. That reasoning was what a Verizon rep told me was the reason that FiOS has a battery backup in case of power failure.
    11-05-15 10:22 AM
    Another reason manufacturers like non-removable batteries is that end-users cannot buy their own 3rd party "knock off" batteries which can damage the phone. In theory, this can reduce warranty claims and possibly bad press when someone posts a video of there phone "overheating" or something similar.
    11-05-15 11:04 AM
    Though I do like the government conspiracy angle. That reasoning was what a Verizon rep told me was the reason that FiOS has a battery backup in case of power failure.

The Verizon rep is a nitwit.

The battery backup is MANDATED by law because it is a SAFETY feature.

Have you ever called 911 in your life? Are you aware that for the last 100 years or so, you could do that whether or not you had power in your building, because all the power required for the telephone to work was provided by the phone company from their central office facility?

Well it no longer works that way in the era of deregulated phone service, internet or "VoIP" phone service, people who have no "land line", people using battery-operated phones, etc. So some years ago here in the USA we passed laws about a new form of 911 service called "E911", which was designed to address the problem where a person calling 911 was no longer tethered to a documented Ma Bell landline, where the dispatcher as such knew precisely where you were located even if you were too incapacitated or under threat to tell them.

In recent years, cellular carriers have had to start blocking older cellphones from connecting to their network because those older phones did not support this "E911" and thus were a safety liability because they could not easily be auto-located in the case of an emergency call. My old Kyocera 7135 (an early folding smartphone using Palm OS) was one of those devices. Even if it could actually connect and make phone calls, it's now prevented from connecting because it does not support E911.

Just yesterday I made a 911 call from my house, from my VoIP phone. And the dispatcher knew where I was calling from only because you are required to register E911 data with the VoIP provider during account setup for precisely this purpose.

So getting back to the backup battery. The reason for this is because that Verizon FiOS service of yours does not benefit from Ma Bell's centrally-provided power, so if your power in your building goes out, your ability to use the phone (and call 911) goes away too. The battery backup keeps that available for long enough to ride out most local power failures, to help SAVE YOUR LIFE in case of an emergency.

That's it.
    11-06-15 05:26 PM
    do you have guys a Full rom Dump of BB Priv ?
    11-07-15 11:29 AM
    The Verizon rep is a nitwit.

The battery backup is MANDATED by law because it is a SAFETY feature.

Have you ever called 911 in your life? Are you aware that for the last 100 years or so, you could do that whether or not you had power in your building, because all the power required for the telephone to work was provided by the phone company from their central office facility?

Well it no longer works that way in the era of deregulated phone service, internet or "VoIP" phone service, people who have no "land line", people using battery-operated phones, etc. So some years ago here in the USA we passed laws about a new form of 911 service called "E911", which was designed to address the problem where a person calling 911 was no longer tethered to a documented Ma Bell landline, where the dispatcher as such knew precisely where you were located even if you were too incapacitated or under threat to tell them.

In recent years, cellular carriers have had to start blocking older cellphones from connecting to their network because those older phones did not support this "E911" and thus were a safety liability because they could not easily be auto-located in the case of an emergency call. My old Kyocera 7135 (an early folding smartphone using Palm OS) was one of those devices. Even if it could actually connect and make phone calls, it's now prevented from connecting because it does not support E911.

Just yesterday I made a 911 call from my house, from my VoIP phone. And the dispatcher knew where I was calling from only because you are required to register E911 data with the VoIP provider during account setup for precisely this purpose.

So getting back to the backup battery. The reason for this is because that Verizon FiOS service of yours does not benefit from Ma Bell's centrally-provided power, so if your power in your building goes out, your ability to use the phone (and call 911) goes away too. The battery backup keeps that available for long enough to ride out most local power failures, to help SAVE YOUR LIFE in case of an emergency.

That's it.
    I appreciate the wall of text telling me why the Verizon rep was wrong, but I never had a land line. I haven't had a land line since 2005. The battery backup was for internet and TV only.
    11-09-15 11:30 AM
126 ... 3456