Have they confirmed what version of Android it's running?

One website says Marshmallow 6.0
    10-23-15 10:06 AM
    Have they confirmed what version of Android it's running?

One website says Marshmallow 6.0
    Been stated many times, 5.1. Unofficially, word is they plan on upgrading it to MM soon, but that word comes from people on these forums who are in the know, nothing official.
    trinichindian likes this.
    10-23-15 10:30 AM
    This is common, and often imposed by carriers.

I never fail to be amazed at the things people come up with to complain and blame BlackBerry about.
    Yeah but both of these are unlocked.
    10-23-15 10:35 AM
    I am not blaming anyone.
    Well when someone writes "way to go blackberry", it tends to look pretty clearly like blaming.

It is just a bizarre revelation to me. I don't know of any other industry that has multiple model numbers (stv100-1, stv100-2, etc), yet has still has functional hardware variations within those model numbers. I don't think my assumption was too crazy. The closest I have seen to this would be 'hardware revisions' for the same model, but different h/w revisions are not produced in parallel.
    The reason is due to the specifics of the cellular industry, and the very large number of unique characteristics of each carrier's network that the devices need to be compatible with. Here in the USA we address this by having most hardware sales go through the carriers themselves, or specialty stores who know these details. The average customer hasn't the foggiest notion what the "variant versions" are, they just pay their money and start using it.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-23-15 11:09 AM
    Nice. So is this an unlocked version?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 11:25 AM
    Looks to me as if Blackberry put a lot of thought into the Priv. They may have been thinking about an Android for a long time.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    10-23-15 12:12 PM
    No the shop blackerry site never sells verizon version of phones.

So there is still hope but I'm losing faith
    Not quite. The CDMA phones (Classic, Z10, and Z30) all have (or had) the disclaimer that the version sold through Shop BlackBerry are not compatible with Verizon, Sprint, and U.S. Cellular. The BB10s that never came to Verizon, Sprint, or U.S. Cellular all have the disclaimer that the devices are not compatible with Verizon, Sprint, or U.S. Cellular.

Guess which disclaimer the Priv has? Yup, device, not model, is not compatible with...

As for this phone being the 100-1 version or what ever should not matter as these are pre-orders. Granted they may just be hammering out the final details with Verizon or that the phone will not come to Verizon until a later date, but still, that makes little sense considering that Verizon is the largest of the U.S. carriers both in terms of network and of numbers of customers.

To add, Verizon is the only U.S. carrier to really support BlackBerry. Up until a 1 1/2 months ago Verizon still had the Z10, Z30, Q10 with and without camera, Classic with and without camera and an effin' Bold with and without camera. Then the Z10, Q10, and Bold disappeared from the stores but were still available online. Now only the Classic is available in stores and the Classic and Z30 available online.

Verizon is also all about Android. Heck, the "Droids" are their own brand of Android handsets. So with all of that it would make little sense that the Priv would not come to Verizon.

Then again I returned from my local Verizon store and the guy I talked to had no idea what I was talking about (asking about the Priv). I asked if he didn't know or couldn't tell me and he just smirked but through our conversation I got the impression that he was genuinely and honestly clueless.
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-23-15 02:20 PM
    Specs wont matter unless the software is optimized which it should be since it has been customized at kernel level
    Steelsheen likes this.
    10-23-15 02:37 PM
    Does the STV100-3 have wireless charging too?
    Cause that model seems too good to be true.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-23-15 06:19 PM

It does.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...id=L6ARHL210LW

Look under the test report, there are test cases for wireless charging.

I have a feeling the wireless charging is disabled artificially in some, maybe due to carrier requirements or regulatory as GP suggested.
    Doggerz likes this.
    10-23-15 07:12 PM

I Think the STV100-2 seems too good to be true, for the sole fact that it is verizon's phone! LOL
    Doggerz likes this.
    10-24-15 11:36 AM
    This might be a dumb question, but I've been away from Blackberry for a while and this is the phone that is likely to lure me back. Can someone confirm what the actual bluetooth specs are? I can't imagine it's not the case, but will it support things like A2DP?
    10-27-15 03:05 PM
    This might be a dumb question, but I've been away from Blackberry for a while and this is the phone that is likely to lure me back. Can someone confirm what the actual bluetooth specs are? I can't imagine it's not the case, but will it support things like A2DP?
    https://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/QLI_viewQDL.cfm?qid=25882

Here you go.
    10-27-15 03:14 PM
    Thanks!
    10-27-15 03:25 PM
    Going to get the bottom of this wireless charging from blackberry lol

emailed...
    10-29-15 07:14 PM
    Canadian carrier model is NOT STV100-1 it appears, unless it's a typo on Telus' store. Page is live, and it lists LTE band 41 (TD-LTE used by Sprint).

BlackBerry Priv | Mobility | TELUS.com

STV100-1 on SBB does not support 41.
    10-30-15 10:54 AM
    Canadian carrier model is NOT STV100-1 it appears, unless it's a typo on Telus' store. Page is live, and it lists LTE band 41 (TD-LTE used by Sprint).

BlackBerry Priv | Mobility | TELUS.com

STV100-1 on SBB does not support 41.
    So likely shopblackberry's device will come with wireless charging?

And all of canada's carriers will not.
    10-30-15 01:17 PM
    So likely shopblackberry's device will come with wireless charging?

And all of canada's carriers will not.
    They can still ship Canadian unlocked ones without the back cover installed. But this would be nightmare for Digital River.
    10-30-15 01:28 PM
    They can still ship Canadian unlocked ones without the back cover installed. But this would be nightmare for Digital River.
    That's a bit much.. emailing shopblackberry didn't help, now I'm tweeting and dm'ing blackberryhelp
    10-30-15 01:34 PM
    That's a bit much.. emailing shopblackberry didn't help, now I'm tweeting and dm'ing blackberryhelp
    ...or they just deliberately not list charging to not upset the carriers and it actually has it.
    ...or they just listed the wrong model, and sent the wrong info to Ingram Micro as STV100-1.

Anything is possible at this point of clusterfrack.
    10-30-15 01:41 PM
    ...or they just deliberately not list charging to not upset the carriers and it actually has it.
    ...or they just listed the wrong model, and sent the wrong info to Ingram Micro as STV100-1.

Anything is possible at this point of clusterfrack.
    I'm trying to get to the bottom of this, going to email some employees that may have the answer.
    10-30-15 01:55 PM
    Just got off the phone from shopblackberry , they are confirming that the STV100-1 from Canada/US shopblackberry website will feature wireless as it is the same model .

They also say that all the devices ship from the United States which i remember was the same from the passport that i ordered last year.

They have already noted that they need to change the website error of not listing the wireless charging on the Canadian Shopblackberry.
    Last edited by Resilience; 10-30-15 at 04:11 PM.
    10-30-15 03:39 PM
    Just got off the phone from shopblackberry , they are confirming that the STV100-1 from Canada/US shopblackberry website will feature wireless as it is the same model .

They also say that all the devices ship from the United States which i remember was the same from the passport i ordered last year.

They have already noted that they need to change the website error of not listing the wireless charging on the Canadian Shopblackberry.
    If it indeed don't especialll

Stupid Swift key autofinished does to doesn't and especially.

Anywho

If it indeed does have wireless charging. What is a good charger to buy that doesn't cost an arm and. Alex in Canada.

Screw touch screen typing. I can't wait to have the priv.
    10-30-15 03:46 PM
    Just ordered my priv after confirmation.

you should check this out for wireless charging

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=0VAui15j

Check here for the best one

http://wireless-charger-review.toptenreviews.com/
    10-30-15 03:54 PM
    Just got off the phone from shopblackberry , they are confirming that the STV100-1 from Canada/US shopblackberry website will feature wireless
    This raises my hopes for the STV100-3, as I believe it was physically submitted to the FCC and it too showed the same specs as the -1.
    10-30-15 04:05 PM
126 ... 23456