WhatsApp recently started alerting me that come the end of the year my BlackBerry Bold 9930 will no longer be supported. It's time for me to part ways with my trusted phone and jump to the priv. is there any simple way of upgrading (while saving all emails, contacts etc.)? Any gotchays to look out for? I saw lots of posts on the device and how some say it's horrible while others love it. Over all what I got was that if I get the phone I should update it then wipe it clean and then try using it. Any other advice?
    09-16-16 09:44 AM
    WhatsApp recently started alerting me that come the end of the year my BlackBerry Bold 9930 will no longer be supported. It's time for me to part ways with my trusted phone and jump to the priv. is there any simple way of upgrading (while saving all emails, contacts etc.)? Any gotchays to look out for? I saw lots of posts on the device and how some say it's horrible while others love it. Over all what I got was that if I get the phone I should update it then wipe it clean and then try using it. Any other advice?
    I should start off with - that's a Verizon 9930? If so, Verizon is being very slow to offer Security Updates and has not offered Marshmallow. The phone is still really nice (my opinion) but I'm not happy about the security situation.

If you sync with Google, your Contacts and calendar will be carried over once you re-establish your gmail info in the Hub (or the separate gmail app). Most people do not add gmail to be the Hub (a consolidated email, sms, facebook, etc app) and also to the gmail app as that can cause duplicate notices and copies. I think email will also re-sync within some number limits. You need a Gmail or google account to download/buy apps from the Playstore in any event.

You will definitely find it different having not even has a Z10/Z30. It does not come with some basic apps - no File Manager, no music player or video or picture viewer (aside from some anemic google apps).
    09-16-16 11:35 AM
    Is there any way to transfer over all my email accounts, emails contacts etc.?
    09-16-16 12:53 PM
    Is there any way to transfer over all my email accounts, emails contacts etc.?
    I don't think so but am not sure.

As noted, the Hub is kind of like older BB's in that all email is in one place along with other stuff. So, I just added my 6 or so emails to the Hub and let is churn as it grabbed emails from those various accounts. But maybe there's a way to pull them over from that older platform.
    09-16-16 01:06 PM
    The BlackBerry Content Transfer app works with os7 just fine and do allow the hub to sync Gmail and to not get dual notifications just go to Settings > Apps > Gmail. Untick show notifications and the only Gmail notification you will get will be from the hub and you will still be able to use the Gmail app if you want to also. Most people wrongfully disable the Gmail app to stop multiple notifications but it is Android and you can find a setting for anything if you really look.

At any rate, the Priv is great even on Lollipop and don't be afraid of any vulnerabilities because your phone will never be targeted. Don't install apps from "unknown sources" and you will be fine. You are worse off using a windows or a mac computer then you will be with the Priv.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-16 03:50 PM