The wireless carriers do have policies regarding high demand and new devices stating that they cannot sell off contract. Whether the wireless carrier store adheres to the policy is another matter entirely.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Corporate does not, but stores and individual reps make it so because it hurts their commission. There is one rep who used to be in the business admitted that he will lie about devices being reserved or out of stock if they sense you buying outright for any phone.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/black.../#post24039971
    11-15-15 11:10 PM
    I am on fido, 5gb data and unlimited country wide calling and texting for $48...located in toronto...trying to find a store to sell me the Priv outright...wirelesswave and tbooth will but they want $30 extra for some stupid protection plan

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    I had no problem buying one directly from Rogers
    11-16-15 12:39 AM
    More than likely, directly from BlackBerry. In GA, the likes of AT&T won't let you buy a device off contract UNLESS you have service\an account with them...
    I'm not a Telus Customer...but I purchased my passport from them on release day. They were happy to take my money. When I bought my Priv Rogers wants 400 on 2 year contract and they wanted to change my plan to a share everything plan for Unlimited Nation wide talk and text and 5gb data. I opted to stay with my current plan for 70.00 unlimited North America and buy the device our right. Selling my passport on kijiji this week so it is pretty much a wash
    11-16-15 12:47 AM
    Wow how did you get that? Im on fido as wel (Calgary), paying $60 (57 something to be exact but it comes up to about 60 and change usually) month to month for unlimited everything and 2 gb of data.

I like the plan well enough but i do want more data cuz i usually go over. But none of the other carriers have any good plans, and even my current plan is like 80+ on bell and telus.
    Call them and say you are thinking on leaving to Wind or something, just yesterday I got the same deal as you for $45 (BYOP) and for $50 you can get 3GB. These are called loyalty plans... Need to have a good record and preferable been around with fido for longer time not just a couple of months.
    11-16-15 06:19 AM
    OP, my Rogers plan is expiring this month, considering to switch to Bell, how do you like their service? Any problems with them?

I am at west coast.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    West coaster here as well and Rogers has better coverage over here. Just saying.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-16-15 07:00 AM
    Corporate does not, but stores and individual reps make it so because it hurts their commission. There is one rep who used to be in the business admitted that he will lie about devices being reserved or out of stock if they sense you buying outright for any phone.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/black.../#post24039971
    I only will deal with Rogers corporate stores now. And yes I've heard this happening as well.

11-16-15 07:02 AM
    $85, 6gb, unlimited call/text Canada wide, unlimited call/text US.

Bell small business plan.

$100 off price of the phone $25 bill credit for the first 5 months.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 07:05 AM
    I am not sure what you mean by Rogers and Telus not being able to touch that plan but I pay around 70 for everything unlimited in North America and 6gb of data. Granted I've got some credits on my plan and that's after being grandfathered into an old plan. The main reason I only buy my phones outright so as to they can't change my plan. Lol
    11-16-15 07:27 AM
    And that's with Fido btw.
    11-16-15 07:28 AM
    I only will deal with Rogers corporate stores now. And yes I've heard this happening as well.

What I meant was corporate offices don't. Corporate store reps are the same, they are on commission as well.
    11-16-15 09:22 AM
    I thought Bell is actually better out west since they use Telus towers? Over here in Ontario Telus uses Bell towers.
    Bell and Telus share towers. Rogers doesn't. Rogers stinks in western Canada.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    11-16-15 09:24 AM
    I was going to buy it outright from ShopBB but they're not shipping until Nov 30th... Bell offered me $100 off the device for customer loyalty so I signed up for a new 2 year contract... $299.99 + tax for the device... and the contract is unlimited nationwide everything and 5G of data for $90....

I checked Telus and Rogers (who I'd never go with) and they couldn't touch that... so I'm pleased... just doing all the BB updates and downloading apps... transferred all my contacts etc... so far it's working very well...

Not sure I need this to be unlocked... not like I'd be switching from Bell anyway..
    OP, We have a family plan with Bell and it's: 7GB (shareable) @ $65/month , PLUS, Loyalty 2GB w/min. 4GB add on @ $5/month. That's a total of $70/month.
    You should call them back and try asking for more. You got nothing to lose.

Please note, that we are also using other Bell products/services and may be that accounts for the difference. Good Luck.
    11-16-15 09:41 AM
    Bell and Telus share towers. Rogers doesn't. Rogers stinks in western Canada.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    ...don't think I mentioned anything about Rogers?
    11-16-15 09:54 AM
    Not sure how you all are getting these amazing discounts on the devices and the cheap monthly rates. I am with Bell and have been for a long time. The best they offered me was $50 off the price of the phone and waive the $15 activation fee (which is bs in my opinion anyways). I might try and call them again. Who did you talk with? Customer solutions or retentions or what? I wish I could get the unlim everything and 5gb for $90 or les every month and save $100+ off the purchase price. Any suggestions are welcomed...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 06:59 PM
    Not sure how you all are getting these amazing discounts on the devices and the cheap monthly rates. I am with Bell and have been for a long time. The best they offered me was $50 off the price of the phone and waive the $15 activation fee (which is bs in my opinion anyways). I might try and call them again. Who did you talk with? Customer solutions or retentions or what? I wish I could get the unlim everything and 5gb for $90 or les every month and save $100+ off the purchase price. Any suggestions are welcomed...

Posted via CB10
    You have to talk to retentions. And be polite find out if there is a penalty if you cancel. And then they may call your bluff and you hang up and call back.

Eventually you will get what you are looking for. Just tell them you have another line with Rogers and they are offering you 6GB for $90.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 07:04 PM
    Ya I know. I tried buying the phone at my local store yesterday and the guy would not sell it to me unless I got a 2 year contract with data... I tried telling him that I wanted to buy the phone full price and get a monthly plan, but he said he can't sell the phone full price because it's "in demand" (his words)
    And that's absolutely true.

If you want to buy it outright go to Best Buy or SBB.
    11-16-15 07:08 PM
    Check the coverage map before going with Bell.

Posted via  Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2789)
    11-16-15 08:18 PM
    I made my homework and found out a videotron plan would cost me 13$ less per month for the same thing at Bell. Call them and told them I was willing to pay the fees for cancellation. They transferred me and first offered me a 10$ discount. Told them it was not enough, they put me on hold again and came back with a 20$ discount. I will stay with Bell until I find something cheaper elsewhere and hope they will match it, because their coverage is great.
    11-16-15 08:37 PM
68 123