OP, my Rogers plan is expiring this month, considering to switch to Bell, how do you like their service? Any problems with them?

I am at west coast.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    I thought Bell is actually better out west since they use Telus towers? Over here in Ontario Telus uses Bell towers.
    11-14-15 03:36 PM
    With Koodo now which apparently it same as telus. But I can honestly say bell has better network coverage.

To bad bells pricing is out to lunch.

Posted via CB10
    You can always go Virgin... but I went from Bell to Koodo, no noticeable difference. As far as I know they share towers.
    11-14-15 03:37 PM
    This is going to sound dumb but how do I get to my old pics / videos on my memory card that I popped in there... Photos doesn't bring them up... only shows pictures I've taken with the PRIV
    You have to download an app for it its not included on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks... I'm trying ES File Explorer.... so far it's just okay... another missing item from BB10... le sigh
    11-14-15 03:45 PM
    Thanks... I'm trying ES File Explorer.... so far it's just okay... another missing item from BB10... le sigh
    I use esfile ex on my classic i only use it to show\hide special folders and files

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:58 PM
    You can always go Virgin... but I went from Bell to Koodo, no noticeable difference. As far as I know they share towers.
    True...but virgins plan pricing is not much better.

Was with bell for probably 10+ years and switched to wind then koodo.

Would love to get back on bell but not willing to pay out the a$$ for the plans anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:03 PM
    True...but virgins plan pricing is not much better.

Was with bell for probably 10+ years and switched to wind then koodo.

Would love to get back on bell but not willing to pay out the a$$ for the plans anymore.

Posted via CB10
    You can always try to make friends in Thunder Bay...
    11-14-15 06:22 PM
    Pretty sweet deal you got there. Enjoy your new phone.
    11-14-15 06:25 PM
    I'm sticking to Virgin. The pricing is pretty much the same as Koodo and Fido as they price match each others specials but Virgin has more perks with the free movie tickets, starbucks coupons, etc. As far as I know Koodo and Fido don't have those perks. And the bring your own phone rates are much cheaper than Bell/Telus/Rogers unless you have a grandfathered plan.
    11-14-15 07:05 PM
    Yeah, I'm definitely a fan of this phone... Now that it's set up mostly how I want it and I'm more used to it, no regrets....
    11-14-15 08:04 PM
    Ha I switched to Bell as well from Telus just to get this....same plan too!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    11-14-15 08:29 PM
    So does anyone know this..... if I'm not a Rogers, bell or Telus customer and found a way to buy the phone in full price from them. Will it still come with 1 year hardware and software warranty from BlackBerry or it has to go through carrier ?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:49 PM
    So does anyone know this..... if I'm not a Rogers, bell or Telus customer and found a way to buy the phone in full price from them. Will it still come with 1 year hardware and software warranty from BlackBerry or it has to go through carrier ?

Posted via CB10
    More than likely, directly from BlackBerry. In GA, the likes of AT&T won't let you buy a device off contract UNLESS you have service\an account with them...
    11-14-15 09:06 PM
    Nice! Yea signed a new contract the day the priv came out, got the exact same plan as you, unl. Nationwide everything and 5g of data for 62/mo and got the phone for 238 ish bucks. Can't go wrong with that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wow that is a really good deal on both the phone and the plan, do you live in BC by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:44 PM
    I called bell just now to see if they had one in stock. They did. As soon as I asked for the off contract price. He told me he couldn't and hung up the phone.

These people shouldn't be making commission, ruins the customer experience.
    Ya I know. I tried buying the phone at my local store yesterday and the guy would not sell it to me unless I got a 2 year contract with data... I tried telling him that I wanted to buy the phone full price and get a monthly plan, but he said he can't sell the phone full price because it's "in demand" (his words)
    11-14-15 10:59 PM
    I don't have anything on my Memory card yet so I can't test, but with the Photos app you can browse other picture that weren't taken with the Priv.
    Tap the overflow menu on the left side and then select Device Folders.
    I don't know if it can see anything on the memory card yet, but BlackBerry said they were working on the issues with the memory card access.
    11-14-15 10:59 PM
    I just got a loyalty plan for 60$/month for 4gig and everything else unlimited.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    I bought my passport outright from a bell store, when I got my screen lifting issue I went to another Bell store close to my work to get it repaired. They shipped it to BlackBerry and I got it back inside 2 weeks repaired, all free of charge.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:42 PM
    That plan... what you did there, I see it.

Did the exact same thing with Koodo for mine.
    What did he do? :P I wouldn't mind getting a similar plan on something like Koodo as well. Wouldn't mind using LTE for the first time lol
    11-14-15 11:50 PM
    How is Bell's internetional roaming pricing? Any surprise there? When I go to US Rogers would be on AT&T's network, how about Bell? Also AT&T?
    11-15-15 01:26 AM
    You can always try to make friends in Thunder Bay...
    Hehe....i made a "friend" in sk.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:51 AM
    This is going to sound dumb but how do I get to my old pics / videos on my memory card that I popped in there... Photos doesn't bring them up... only shows pictures I've taken with the PRIV
    If you are referring to Google Photos then once the application is open press the icon in the upper left corner (four horizontal lines) and select Device Folders. You will be presented with the photos on the device and the media card. The subdirectory name is displayed to assist finding the photos.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 04:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not quite sunshine. Google Photos will display photos and videos stored on the media card.

11-15-15 04:24 AM
    Ya I know. I tried buying the phone at my local store yesterday and the guy would not sell it to me unless I got a 2 year contract with data... I tried telling him that I wanted to buy the phone full price and get a monthly plan, but he said he can't sell the phone full price because it's "in demand" (his words)
    The wireless carriers do have policies regarding high demand and new devices stating that they cannot sell off contract. Whether the wireless carrier store adheres to the policy is another matter entirely.

11-15-15 04:29 AM
    OP, my Rogers plan is expiring this month, considering to switch to Bell, how do you like their service? Any problems with them?

I am at west coast.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    If you call in Rogers has a retention offer that I got for my friend. 6 GB of data and unlimted canada wide calling for $89.
    11-15-15 10:49 PM
68 123