hi guys,

May I know that this phone can update to android 6.0 or not? Thank you.
    11-18-15 09:48 PM
    Yes android M will come to BlackBerry priv
    Superfly_FR and ProjectBrett like this.
    11-18-15 09:49 PM
    Thanks!
    11-18-15 10:02 PM
    No exact date, but Blackberry confirmed update will come in early 2016
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-18-15 10:36 PM
    oh, that's mean waiting. thank you guys!!
    11-18-15 11:40 PM
    Louks said "sometime in the new year", which gives BB a 12-month window.

He did not say "early 2016".

Still, I guess it's a huge advance on "soon"
    11-19-15 02:00 PM
    January

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 02:11 PM
    With technology, it doesn't exists until and unless it exists.

Take a technology promise with a HUGE grain of salt.

Imagine if BB didn't meet internal sales projections for Priv, and followed through with some internal plan to shut down the hardware business as a result. If that happened, AND if it happened before Android 6, y'all would never see Android 6.

It doesn't exist until and unless it exists. Technology promises aren't worth the electrons it takes to paint them on the screen.
    lift and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    11-19-15 02:40 PM
    With technology, it doesn't exists until and unless it exists.

Take a technology promise with a HUGE grain of salt.

Imagine if BB didn't meet internal sales projections for Priv, and followed through with some internal plan to shut down the hardware business as a result. If that happened, AND if it happened before Android 6, y'all would never see Android 6.

It doesn't exist until and unless it exists. Technology promises aren't worth the electrons it takes to paint them on the screen.
    Blackberry already confirmed the upgrade for 6.0
    The priv is sold out like "forever". It's so bad that it didn't even reach Europe (other than UK), so they are selling more than expected for sure
    11-19-15 06:33 PM
    Haha i'm sure you'll get it before the playbook gets BB10 :P
    11-19-15 07:02 PM
    Haha i'm sure you'll get it before the playbook gets BB10 :P
    Yeah lol.
    Some here forget that that was "confirmed" by the CEO himself.
    Take these promises and time tables with a grain of salt.

Good rule of thumb with tech is to buy for what you get at the moment. Don't buy based on what will be. Not wise.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    lift, JeepBB, Adam Frix and 1 others like this.
    11-19-15 07:06 PM
    The priv is sold out like "forever". It's so bad that it didn't even reach Europe (other than UK), so they are selling more than expected for sure
    Sorry, but low availability means diddly squat. I remember when Nokia launched the 920. Very low availability, demand seemed like it was through the roof. Turns out that they only sold a handful and had simply botched the launch. Priv looks like that to me as well - don't know how many they've produced, but it doesn't look to me like they're selling a lot - if each shop only has 2 plus a display unit, it's easy to sell out :-/

As for the European models: looks like BB hasn't even produced any models with German keyboard layout yet.

As for Android 6: welcome to the Android update game. Updates rolling out months or even years late is quite normal for that platform. If Blackberry produces another phone next year, it'll probably come pre-loaded with 6.0 while Prov owners will be waiting until December 31 for the 6.0 update. And by then, 7.0 is out.
    11-19-15 08:02 PM
    I didnt' say they are selling "tens of millions", but unless there's a problem in the manufacturing process, I would assume they are selling more than expected, otherwise they would have ordered in larger quantities (we can still assume that they didn't expect to sell many).

Most countries use the standard keyboard like US, Canada and UK, so I expect the European model to be the exact same as the UK (STV-004), but it didn't arrive yet. Only germany and france use different keyboards (QWERTZ and AZERTY)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-19-15 08:11 PM
    No exact date, but Blackberry confirmed update will come in early 2016
    They didnt say early 2016 yet did they? All they said was couple monthjs
    11-19-15 08:41 PM
    Comes March

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    11-19-15 09:36 PM
    Go back and read what I wrote.

With technology, it doesn't exist until and unless it exists.

Promises are meaningless--all the more so in the context of BB's shakiness in the handset arena. "If Priv sales fail to meet our internal expectations that we're not telling you, we're out of the handset business." Shoot, for all anyone knows that could happen tomorrow. Or right after Christmas, once holiday sales figures are in.

I don't care what BB promised. They're a BUSINESS. They will say anything, do anything, and if you don't like it--tough.
    11-19-15 09:44 PM
    Comes March

Posted via CB10
    based on the new phone release? or do you have a source
    11-19-15 09:49 PM
    Go back and read what I wrote.

With technology, it doesn't exist until and unless it exists.

Promises are meaningless--all the more so in the context of BB's shakiness in the handset arena. "If Priv sales fail to meet our internal expectations that we're not telling you, we're out of the handset business." Shoot, for all anyone knows that could happen tomorrow. Or right after Christmas, once holiday sales figures are in.

I don't care what BB promised. They're a BUSINESS. They will say anything, do anything, and if you don't like it--tough.
    Yes, but the Priv just launched, they are't going to draw any conclusions in the smartphone business in the first half of 2016 wich is where the 6.0 should emerge. If you watched closely the news, blackberry is launching another new Android smartphone in the first half of 2016, wich means their efforts won't end in a couple of months where 6.0 should be out.
    11-19-15 10:21 PM
    They didnt say early 2016 yet did they? All they said was couple monthjs
    Ron Louks, President of Blackberry devices said in a interview with Android Central that the 6.0 will come "sometime in the new year" wich I would assume would be in the first half of 2016 maximum, otherwise he wouldn't use the "new year" expression. Lets wait and see
    11-19-15 10:27 PM
    I'm just gonna wait for the inevitable root access and custom ROMs that will come. Unless BB follows through with the device and actually releases updates in a timely manner.
    11-19-15 10:49 PM
    Every single year beyond the one we're in now, is a 'new year', technically.

So, 2018, when Android is on Angel Food Cake, we will be getting Harshmallow in that 'new year'.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 01:36 AM
    Me and Louks at lunch today discussed this.

11-20-15 01:37 AM
    Yes, I said 'Harshmallow'. Seemed funny at the time.

11-20-15 01:38 AM
    I'm just gonna wait for the inevitable root access and custom ROMs that will come. Unless BB follows through with the device and actually releases updates in a timely manner.
    You might be waiting a long time for those....

Too be honest I think Android 6 is what will bring enterprise level "security" to the PRIV, and maybe even more "blackberryness".
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-20-15 09:11 AM
    Coming soon - BlackBerry
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-20-15 10:20 AM
43 12