I have a Priv 100-3 and every update, something fails afterwards. Last night some update were done and now I can no longer erase photos from my SD card while in phone. Says "do not have access to delete files from SD card" . It worked fine yesterday.
    Some month ago, an update made my messenger unable to use my phonebook to search contact to txt. It says invalid contact. I have to manually scroll to find the contact I want to txt. Anyone else have this crap happening? Any idea how to fix it? Help please!
    01-14-20 07:48 PM
    I don't think that is normal. Priv has long been out of support. You should not have received ANY update on your Priv in the past year.

I would have to suggest resetting the phone.
    01-14-20 11:25 PM
    I don't think that is normal. Priv has long been out of support. You should not have received ANY update on your Priv in the past year.

I would have to suggest resetting the phone.
    I got the same message yesterday evening. Said I must use Gallery App to continue deleting. Never seen this before and where is the 'gallery App'? Tried switch off/on. Didn't change anything. The phone is 3+ yrs old
    01-15-20 04:45 AM
    I have a Priv 100-3 and every update, something fails afterwards. Last night some update were done and now I can no longer erase photos from my SD card while in phone. Says "do not have access to delete files from SD card" . It worked fine yesterday.
    Some month ago, an update made my messenger unable to use my phonebook to search contact to txt. It says invalid contact. I have to manually scroll to find the contact I want to txt. Anyone else have this crap happening? Any idea how to fix it? Help please!
    Do you mean playstore updates. If so do you have the updates set to auto update. If auto is set I would turn that off and remove any apps that are not in use and only update the ones that you really want to use. I have never used auto updates on any of my devices as I prefer to pick and choose which ones to update depending upon reviews and usage.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    Mecca EL and Rico4you like this.
    01-15-20 06:32 AM
    Do you mean playstore updates. If so do you have the updates set to auto update. If auto is set I would turn that off and remove any apps that are not in use and only update the ones that you really want to use. I have never used auto updates on any of my devices as I prefer to pick and choose which ones to update depending upon reviews and usage.

Thank you for the response. I appreciate you taking the time. Now I do only have the update for app's I use and all others are disabled or totally removed. The "Can not delete from SD card" have I come to find I have to go through the PHONE CAMERA app, and seek through the photos one by one to delete them - VERY annoying when I have a crapload of photos on my phone. The other with my SMS not able to read from the phonebook no more has been for about a year now. Use to be able to tap in a few letters and all in addressbook was listed as options to send to, and now it state "invalid entry" or something like that..
    01-16-20 10:50 AM
    What they mean with the gallery app have I found to be the camera itself. You can preview your photos one by one there, and it takes forever to delete them that way - but that's the new way. NOT found of it at all.
    01-16-20 10:53 AM
    What they mean with the gallery app have I found to be the camera itself. You can preview your photos one by one there, and it takes forever to delete them that way - but that's the new way. NOT found of it at all.
    Just thinking do you have a file manager app. This really helps to organise things like photos on the SD card etc. I haven't used the Google photos apps on this priv as I haven't taken many photos with it yet. As for the texts I'm not sure but will check it out with my phone.

01-16-20 11:32 AM
    Just thinking do you have a file manager app. This really helps to organise things like photos on the SD card etc. I haven't used the Google photos apps on this priv as I haven't taken many photos with it yet. As for the texts I'm not sure but will check it out with my phone.

Please do if you have a chance. I do not have any app for to organize photos on the SD card - only that camera should save photos to card instead of internal. Also all permissions are set to that the Google photo has permission to delete from the SD card, but it's not functional. I love my PRIV and doesn't wanna trade it for the world, so this is just an annoying stepping stone to overcome - but it feels like Mt Everest! :P Lol!
    01-16-20 12:11 PM
    Just another thought, have you tried using the SD card in another phone to see how it behaves or try a spare card in the priv and take a few photos then try and delete them.
    As for the texts I have no problem going through the phone app to send a message. I'm using the message app by Google.

01-16-20 12:54 PM
    I'[m hard on my phones as I use them for work as well. I tried putting the card in a Moto and snapped. Could delete as usual in the Moto - put it back into the Priv and could delete through the Google app as it wasn't a photo taken with the BB-camera. I use the "Messages" app that is pre-installed on PRIV. at bottom of app it says "start chat", and "New Conversation" will take you to your phone book. Start typing in letters USED to show all contacts with those letters, but doesn't no more. I have to go through the original phonebook app (Priv pre-installed), click on the name and then on the message icon from there. Does it make any sense how I try to explain it?
    01-16-20 01:52 PM
    . The other with my SMS not able to read from the phonebook no more has been for about a year now. Use to be able to tap in a few letters and all in addressbook was listed as options to send to, and now it state "invalid entry" or something like that..
    Just tried the message app as above and I have the same issue. If I open the message app and tap start chat,my contacts pop up and if I type a contact in the search field it states invalid number.
    Looking on the playstore at this apps reviews shows similar issues.
    This is the same app version as My K2 so it's the latest version.

Mimmitroll likes this.
    01-16-20 01:54 PM
    Many Android phones come with a preinstalled photo app named "Gallery." That's probably what the message is referring to. The Priv doesn't come with Gallery - it has Google Photos instead (which I hated, but that's another thread).

I had similar issues with Google Photos not wanting to touch my SD card. It's a little fuzzy now, but I think it turned out to be an Android permissions issue, and I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to set the permissions. I think I had to temporarily remove the "Draw over other apps" permission from the BlackBerry Productivity Tab before it would even let me give Photos the correct permission. But once I finally figured that out and Photos started working, I was able to give the Productivity Tab the "Draw over other apps" permission again, and everything finally started working like it's supposed to.

I wish I had a better memory of what I did to fix this annoyance....
    Mimmitroll likes this.
    01-17-20 06:06 PM
    Having been using my PRIV since June 2016, with last security update Oct 2017. All my updates via Play Store and not one issue all apps working perfectly. Yes have a KEY2 Red Edition... but my PRIV is special with that awesome screen, slide out PKB, etc... and being the last official BlackBerry device... and made in Mexico 6. My model STV100-4
    the_boon likes this.
    01-17-20 06:58 PM
    Having been using my PRIV since June 2016, with last security update Oct 2017. All my updates via Play Store and not one issue all apps working perfectly. Yes have a KEY2 Red Edition... but my PRIV is special with that awesome screen, slide out PKB, etc... and being the last official BlackBerry device... and made in Mexico 6. My model STV100-4
    What is Mexico 6 mean?
    01-17-20 07:05 PM
    What is Mexico 6 mean?
    Good question. That's what says on the box MEX 6. Maybe BlackBerry had different manufacturing sites there? Don't know the name of the actual company that put together the device in Mexico.
    01-17-20 07:08 PM
    Good question. That's what says on the box MEX 6. Maybe BlackBerry had different manufacturing sites there? Don't know the name of the actual company that put together the device in Mexico.
    Same as my priv box

Posted via my beautiful priv Updates are killing my apps one by one-img_20200118_1013362.jpeg
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-18-20 05:17 AM
    If auto is set I would turn that off
    I was under the impression that you'd always want to have the latest updates for all available apps. Having an out of date app can lead to battery drain when it doesn't sync/behave properly, or potential data loss when it's not patched for the most recent exploits/vulnerabilities.

Am I mistaken in this assumption (o_O)?
    01-18-20 11:15 PM
    Same as my priv box
    Very interesting! This is what my box says as well! I have *never* noticed this until now!!
    01-18-20 11:18 PM
    I was under the impression that you'd always want to have the latest updates for all available apps. Having an out of date app can lead to battery drain when it doesn't sync/behave properly, or potential data loss when it's not patched for the most recent exploits/vulnerabilities.

You are indeed correct, personally I prefer to check for updates myself rather than have the auto updates to do it as I would rather do it myself after reading reviews of the app users. Also if a number of apps need updating at the same time I want to be in charge /control of when they update , I wouldn't want that happening during the night to be faced with a app issue first thing in the morning.
    I have updated apps in the past to find that they didn't work as well as the previous version so had to wait on another update fix to even log in .
    Maybe I'm just being a bit fussy but I like to be in control. ;-)

01-19-20 04:00 AM
    I completely agree with you, and that's why I have my settings to be that my phone will show me what updates are available, but it won't update them automatically. Too many times have I been "forced" to uninstall updates due something gone wrong. I tried with the Google Photo this time as well, and unfortunately it didn't work. Problem still persist. Falbo may I ask what photo app you are using that works well with all the other apps? I am a photograper that also like do silly photos on a whim - but that also gives me this heap load of photos that I (as of right now with the google photo app) can't just quickly delete when done with them.
    01-19-20 09:18 AM
    I completely agree with you, and that's why I have my settings to be that my phone will show me what updates are available, but it won't update them automatically. Too many times have I been "forced" to uninstall updates due something gone wrong. I tried with the Google Photo this time as well, and unfortunately it didn't work. Problem still persist. Falbo may I ask what photo app you are using that works well with all the other apps? I am a photograper that also like do silly photos on a whim - but that also gives me this heap load of photos that I (as of right now with the google photo app) can't just quickly delete when done with them.
    To be honest,using the priv I don't have a photo app and just save the photos to the SD card but use a file manager to sort things out.
    On the k2 I use the Google photos apps and back up to the Google drive as a precaution.
    The Priv is just a experiment for me as I was late in getting one and regret that I didn't get when it launched.
    I find the Priv to be a great device and prefer a slider but with no further os updates I am aware of the risks so have no banking apps etc on it.
    I have taken a few photos today with the priv when outside walking to compare with my k2 but only took a couple as I was with my other half who didn't want to hang about waiting on me. Lol.

01-19-20 09:57 AM

That's often the case but not always. Sometimes updates remove desirable features (as happened with BB Hub Services last year) or introduce new bugs (turns out developers sometimes make mistakes that aren't caught until after the update has been released). So I can understand wanting to wait a bit when new updates come out rather than installing them immediately.
    01-20-20 09:31 AM