Here is a link for you from you on this very thread . Quoting "I think the Priv is a dud" . How about you get off Beta 2? I was on it and it was great but now I am off and my Priv is still great. This quote will remind people how you really feel and goes to show you have not even tried a factory reset.

Using Priv since Nov 6, 2015
    Where's my post (actually "many" posts, as claimed by you) where I said "all Priv's have lag".

I'm still waiting for that link.

And I do think the Priv is as a dud, because so many people have issues. Not because all people have issues, but because so many do.

The phone has great potential. The Hub is the start of a great live of software, but it's currently mired in a sea of problems, unfortunately.
    05-17-16 08:18 AM
    I've been using MM for 2 weeks and it's started to slow down. Just a couple of days ago while I was driving, Google Maps started to stutter all of the sudden. I had only had Google Play Music and Google Maps open and they were very slow. I don't have horrible performance issues or battery drains, but I frequently see lag, especially when pulling down the notification drawer and Bluetooth performance is significantly worse. In addition, I was browsing the menu just now and it restarted all by itself.

I used an autoloader to upgrade to MM, I'm not using it differently from Lollipop and I cleared the cache. I hope this problem gets fixed soon. If it wasn't for app permissions, I'd have autoloaded Lollipop already.
    05-17-16 08:42 AM
    Facebook also accesses my location 5000 times per week on my HTC 10 and Nexus 6P, with no lag, but feel free to believe whatever you want.
    It also accessed my location 5000+ times on my Priv with no lag, but unnecessary location searches = unnecessary CPU cycles = unnecessary heat = unnecessary battery drain.

Since those reporting lag also seem to report heat or battery drain, it only makes sense that it would be something to try.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-17-16 09:15 AM
    It also accessed my location 5000+ times on my Priv with no lag, but unnecessary location searches = unnecessary CPU cycles = unnecessary heat = unnecessary battery drain.

Since those reporting lag also seem to report heat or battery drain, it only makes sense that it would be something to try.

Incorrect. I have lag, but no heat or battery drain.
    05-17-16 09:16 AM
    It's never something you might be doing is it. I say this because you have not tried reinstalling OS. You are on a beta 2 version and again have not tried to reinstall OS. You just blame BlackBerry saying it's a Ram issue without valid verification from BlackBerry of what is wrong. You also can't explain why most don't have issues. Many do yes, but a lot of them try out the solutions posted here with success.
    How about you try and reinstall? Especially since you are on beta it is puzzling that you complain without trying.

05-17-16 09:28 AM
    Where's my post (actually "many" posts, as claimed by you) where I said "all Priv's have lag".

I'm still waiting for that link.

And I do think the Priv is as a dud, because so many people have issues. Not because all people have issues, but because so many do.
    When you say "Priv" alone it means you referring to all. Apparently not in your world.

05-17-16 09:32 AM
    It's never something you might be doing is it. I say this because you have not tried reinstalling OS. You are on a beta 2 version and again have not tried to reinstall OS. You just blame BlackBerry saying it's a Ram issue without valid verification from BlackBerry of what is wrong. You also can't explain why most don't have issues. Many do yes, but a lot of them try out the solutions posted here with success.
    How about you try and reinstall? Especially since you are on beta it is puzzling that you complain without trying.

That's correct. It is not my fault. It is the fault of the phone and its manufacturer.

I did do a factory reset. Lag improved for a short period but returned.
    05-17-16 09:36 AM
    When you say "Priv" alone it means you referring to all. Apparently not in your world.

LOL, not in any world. If someone says "The Corvair has a transmission issue," it does not mean that every single Corvair has a transmission issue. It means that the model has a transmission issue that is common. If someone says, "pit bulls have a behavior problem," it doesn't mean that every single pit bull is badly behaved. It means the breed is prone to behavior issues.

You're really grasping at straws here.
    05-17-16 09:40 AM
    LOL, not in any world. If someone says "The Corvair has a transmission issue," it does not mean that every single Corvair has a transmission issue. It means that the model has a transmission issue that is common. If someone says, "pit bulls have a behavior problem," it doesn't mean that every single pit bull is badly behaved. It means the breed is prone to behavior issues.

Actually it means exactly that when you generalize "pit bulls" . just like when you say "the Priv is a dud" .
    Maybe it's the British English language we learn in Canada being the difference.
    When you write in a email , forum etc you can't assume the tone of your statement will be understood by all so yes you have to be more literal. You seem very adamant about the Priv being a dud or is it your Priv?

05-17-16 10:33 AM
    That's correct. It is not my fault. It is the fault of the phone and its manufacturer.

I did do a factory reset. Lag improved for a short period but returned.
    I quoted you saying you didn't now story changes.

05-17-16 10:34 AM
    Then you are the exception. Most experiencing lag on this thread also have said they had heat and battery drain issues.

Not wanting to argue. Those genuinely wanting help shouldn't have to wade through page after page of "BlackBerry's fault - not BlackBerry's fault" posts.

Wezard likes this.
    05-17-16 11:13 AM
    I quoted you saying you didn't now story changes.

Right. At first I hadn't. Then I did. Time progresses. Things change. I know it's hard to keep up.
    05-17-16 11:19 AM
    Actually it means exactly that when you generalize "pit bulls" . just like when you say "the Priv is a dud" .
    Maybe it's the British English language we learn in Canada being the difference.
    When you write in a email , forum etc you can't assume the tone of your statement will be understood by all so yes you have to be more literal. You seem very adamant about the Priv being a dud or is it your Priv?

I'm not replying to this lunacy any longer.
    05-17-16 11:20 AM
    Good, no more complaining then without solutions.

05-17-16 11:26 AM
    Please try keeping the arguments to a minimum - thanks, ALL.
    Wezard likes this.
    05-17-16 11:53 AM

I think it's a waste of time arguing with this person, he is very good at promoting his agenda and has a great way of putting words in other people's mouths. He would make a great used car salesperson or a Blackberry marketing executive. I'm with the thinking to just let him keep worshiping is Priv. I, along with a great majority of the posters on here (we are a "small percentage" even though several of the top 10 threads on CB are related to performance/heat/battery issues ) know the Priv in it's present form IS a dud and hopefully BB will have a resolution for the issues soon so we can use it again. He will probably use Samsung or iPhone as an example of how other phones have problems too but he conveniently forgets to mention these other companies have sold tens of millions of phones and is normal to have a few thousand duds where as the Priv has probably sold less than a few hundred thousand devices.
    05-17-16 12:11 PM
    100% Agreed! - a complete waste of time.
    05-17-16 12:17 PM
    Just disable the productivity tab and you will be fine

Posted via the CrackBerry app on PRIV by BlackBerry
    05-18-16 07:34 PM
    I think it's a waste of time arguing with this person, he is very good at promoting his agenda and has a great way of putting words in other people's mouths. He would make a great used car salesperson or a Blackberry marketing executive. I'm with the thinking to just let him keep worshiping is Priv. I, along with a great majority of the posters on here (we are a "small percentage" even though several of the top 10 threads on CB are related to performance/heat/battery issues ) know the Priv in it's present form IS a dud and hopefully BB will have a resolution for the issues soon so we can use it again. He will probably use Samsung or iPhone as an example of how other phones have problems too but he conveniently forgets to mention these other companies have sold tens of millions of phones and is normal to have a few thousand duds where as the Priv has probably sold less than a few hundred thousand devices.
    Nope, just hate complainers, that just complain and don't provide solutions to help others. There are tons of positive threads about Priv on this forum. Also see link.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/05/...rce=GooglePlus

Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-18-16 at 08:50 PM.
    05-18-16 08:20 PM
    Nope, just hate complainers, that just complain and don't provide solutions to help others. There are tons of positive threads about Priv on this forum. Also see link.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/05/...rce=GooglePlus

The heat and lag problems are real. You're going to have to accept that.
    05-19-16 06:06 AM
    i got fed up of heat & battery drain so i called the BB helpline. They talked me through a back up, full reset and then a re-installation of apps (not auto restore)...I have to say that it has transformed the phone...not much heat now and sensible battery life, not much lag...a huge "thank you" to Marvin on the BB helpdesk...
    sooman54 and FF22 like this.
    05-20-16 06:00 AM
    I just disabled sync for Gmail in Hub and everything for me is back to normal speed. (So now I only access Gmail through the app but worth it to have the speed back.)
    12-16-16 05:26 PM
172 ... 567