hello there... rookie android question... i got an used unlocked bb priv, the seller said that it was bought at shop bb... i saw the update for marshmallow available when i turned the phone on for the first time which i was downloading... there was no bar progress indicator so i have no idea if the download was successful or not, but at the end asked me to restart to install so it seemed to finish correctly... the thing is that now when i check the about phone, shows android 5.1.1... and when i check for updates, it says that the device is up to date... i know that i am in lollipop because there is no granular permissions for the apps... i am using it with t-mo usa, and i have checked for updates with and without sim card... i notice that the phone has wifi calling, so it's running a t-mo usa version of the os i guess... also, i see the t-mo wallpaper when i start the phone... so, i wonder:

1.- does this mean that the phone was actually from t-mo, and not from shop bb?
    2.- how can i update the phone, other than the autoload, which will erase my data?

thanks for the help
    05-01-16 09:39 PM
    hello there... rookie android question... i got an used unlocked bb priv, the seller said that it was bought at shop bb... i saw the update for marshmallow available when i turned the phone on for the first time which i was downloading... there was no bar progress indicator so i have no idea if the download was successful or not, but at the end asked me to restart to install so it seemed to finish correctly... the thing is that now when i check the about phone, shows android 5.1.1... and when i check for updates, it says that the device is up to date... i know that i am in lollipop because there is no granular permissions for the apps... i am using it with t-mo usa, and i have checked for updates with and without sim card... i notice that the phone has wifi calling, so it's running a t-mo usa version of the os i guess... also, i see the t-mo wallpaper when i start the phone... so, i wonder:

2.- how can i update the phone, other than the autoload, which will erase my data?

thanks for the help
    I captured this from another thread so you can give it a try:

"If update fails and does not appear again:

I had this problem and resolved it by clearing the data in Google Services Framework.

Go to Settings, Apps, All, click Google Services Framework, then click Clear Data."
    05-01-16 10:02 PM
    thank you sir, i will give it a try and report back... thanks!

I had this problem and resolved it by clearing the data in Google Services Framework.

Go to Settings, Apps, All, click Google Services Framework, then click Clear Data."
    05-01-16 10:09 PM
    There is a progress bar indicator but it can be difficult to notice. It is a fine yellow line below the blue box.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-16 10:12 PM
    nope, that didn't do it... thanks anyway... if you have another suggestion, more than welcome...

05-01-16 10:13 PM

thanks for the help
    If the phone has wifi calling then it was NOT purchased from Shopblackberry. It seems you have a sim unlocked t-mobile phone.

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    05-01-16 10:21 PM
    it is a very interesting situation... the seller sent me the box, which is a bb box, and the imei and mac address match with the device... i saw the wifi calling and i thought immediately that it was a t-mo phone, but with a bb box? i thought they were selling them with a t-mo box... by the way, now the update showed up again, after clearing the cache two or three times, restarting the phone and inserting the sim card back again... as we speak the phone is downloading the update... now, i saw the wifi calling option and settings, and once the update is done, and it's successful, i will check again... could be that in fact i have a t-mo phone and by coincidence t-mo just pushed the update? not sure... and now i notice the tiny progress yellow bar, thanks for the tip to the other crackberrian... i will report back... thanks!

If the phone has wifi calling then it was NOT purchased from Shopblackberry. It seems you have a sim unlocked t-mobile phone.

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    05-01-16 10:29 PM
    I bought my phone from shop BlackBerry and had att for a while. I switched my provider with tmobile and as soon as I put the sim card in the wifi calling icon appeared. Maybe you can call BlackBerry support and they will tell you more.

05-01-16 10:57 PM
    well, i am using the sim card of my passport, and i saw the wifi calling option when i was setting the phone before... i thought you needed to have the os version of t-mo to have that option, but i don't know how the android world moves, since this is the very first time i am using an android device... another possibility is that the previous owner used the phone in t-mo and was running the t-mo os version... the phone is definitely updating this time, it's doing a lot of stuff that didn't do before... after this update i will check to see if the wifi calling still there... let's see

I bought my phone from shop BlackBerry and had att for a while. I switched my provider with tmobile and as soon as I put the sim card in the wifi calling icon appeared. Maybe you can call BlackBerry support and they will tell you more.

05-01-16 11:09 PM
    What's the OS version currently installed? AAE298?
    05-02-16 12:10 AM
    hello everyone... well, the phone updated to MM... i was expecting something similar to BB10 and his granular permissions, when installing the app... i mean, that right at that moment you would choose what permissions to grant... however, that's not the case but a second notification telling me what the app wants to use certain things, as contacts or microphone, and then you can choose not to grant it... other than that, i cannot answer what particular version of 5.1.1 the phone was since now is in 6.0.1... however, i see again the wifi calling option... and the phone is confirmed to have been bought at shop bb so i guess it is possible to update to MM an unlocked device and get the wifi calling after all... i will need to dig deep in this android world, so far i can't say i like it, but has been only few hours with it... quick question though, do we have a file manager with MM, or not? i read somewhere that there were adding that but it is very hidden... do i need to download an app, or it is there? thanks!
    05-02-16 05:31 PM
    You need to install your own file manager, there are plenty of options available on the Play Store, both free and paid.
    As for permissions of apps, you can always check DTEK, which handles all app permissions on your Priv with Marshmallow. It also observes which apps accesses certain things of your phone.
    05-02-16 06:26 PM