Hello everyone,

I am new to Blackberry and was super excited to get a new Blackberry Priv. I bought an unlocked AT&T version for use on Tmobile (since the unlocked one was way cheaper than buying through TMobile). So far the cellular works good, but I am noticing that using my home WiFi is super slow. Going on Chrome or the Google Play store is a frustrating experience as the text will load, but images take foreever or will not load. Netflix and Youtube are also very sluggish.

Upon Googling online, I found a few resources on what to do if the Priv WiFi is sluggish, but they do not seem to offer any long term fixes for the device. For example, if I reset my router/phone, the phone will be great for 30 seconds, but then on the WiFi it gets slow again. I also tried updating my router's DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 at the recommendation of another thread, but unfortunately it does not offer a long term fix.

My build number is AAC734 (not sure if that is the most up to date one or how to go about updating it).

I was so excited to use this phone, if anyone can help, that would be great!
    04-26-16 08:44 AM
    I also noticed this today on work WiFi and the home network. WiFi is basically unusable. Had to shutoff WiFi to post this. I've been on MM beta but just noticed this lag this morning.

I have factory unlocked priv running on att

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-27-16 12:24 AM
    Hey jolly.. that is a very old build.. go to settings>about phone and tap on the System Updates option to check for updates.. Update your software and let us know how that affects the wifi issue. thanks and good luck
    04-28-16 01:47 PM
    I have the same device AT&T unlocked with same build number AAC734. The phone never allow OTA update over wifi. Everytime I tried to update it says "Software is up to date" and need to wait 24 hrs to check again.

Can I do upgrade to OS 6.0.1 via autoloader AAE750 which is mean for non US device, will it work?

04-28-16 05:43 PM
    I have the same device AT&T unlocked with same build number AAC734. The phone never allow OTA update over wifi. Everytime I tried to update it says "Software is up to date" and need to wait 24 hrs to check again.

Can I do upgrade to OS 6.0.1 via autoloader AAE750 which is mean for non US device, will it work?

You can only use the official At&t autoloader. Otherwise you'll brick your phone

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    04-28-16 09:36 PM
    You can only use the official At&t autoloader. Otherwise you'll brick your phone

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    Or find an active at&t sim card. Put that in your phone and try to update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    04-29-16 12:04 AM