Have been on the Note 5 since april. Had a passport SE before that. With immense discomfort had to ditch bb10 for android cos of the app gap. Honestly hated the touch wiz interface. Deep down I always wanted a BlackBerry. Then I got the AT&T priv from amazon for a good deal. Thought of giving it a shot. Honestly didn't try the priv cos of its exorbitant price tag and limited availability in India. Little did i know the unlocked at&t priv wont get updated ever on other carriers. Now that i heard bb is working on a fix to this issue.
    I love the Priv and the bb touches in the os. This was the phone i always wanted. Should i get an unlocked priv or should i wait ??? Is there any hope for my device to be upgraded to mm ? I have no issues with lollipop though, is it good enough for a year ?? Pls help...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by kanungoash; 06-15-16 at 02:10 AM.
    06-15-16 01:17 AM
    Hm... tough choice you can wait it out and see the release of the other android device and see what you like?. The note 5 is a great phone. But if you are able to sell that and keep some money I would get the PRIV. Only after you know what you are getting into. With all the bugs and potential squeaky back housing and clicking screen.

I had my Verizon one since day 1 and I love it. And I have other high end devices too and I keep coming back to the BB.

It's a tough choice but ultimately it's up to you. Goodluck
    06-15-16 02:33 AM
    It is possible to get the updates from AT&T. Buy a GoPhone SIM online, plenty of vendors will ship to India.
    Register it online, (make up a US address, use google to find a city and zip code). Don't buy any airtime, you don't need to. That will get you the updates. It does expire, can't remember if 30 or 90 days, (but can be reactivated for free), so don't register it till you need it.
    As long as your software version, (build number) starts with AAE, you are on a stable release, AAE599 is the latest.
    There is a sticky that shows all the known releases to date.

If I were you I'd wait and see what happens, AT&T is moving on the Marshmallow release, (very slowly, but moving).
    06-15-16 08:14 AM
    Hi there....thanks for your reply .. actually I got a at&t priv. I just wanna know if marshmallow is coming cos I don't have a at&t Sim or should I get an Indian priv. Is it too much that I'm missing ? Or lollipop is good enough to suffice for a year?

My build number starts with AAC

06-15-16 08:14 AM
    Hi there....thanks for your reply .. actually I got a at&t priv. I just wanna know if marshmallow is coming cos I don't have a at&t Sim or should I get an Indian priv. Is it too much that I'm missing ? Or lollipop is good enough to suffice for a year?

My build number starts with AAC

AAC734 was the initial release for the AT&T version, it had some bugs, SMS, bluetooth and a few others.
    Order the GoPhone SIM and see if you can get to the latest release. The SIM is cheap, don't know what shipping to India cost, if I remember correctly aroubd $20.00 US to most overseas locations.

I know it works in Canada, and I remember at least one person getting an update in Europe somewhere.
    06-15-16 08:42 AM
    Have been on the Note 5 since april. Had a passport SE before that. With immense discomfort had to ditch bb10 for android cos of the app gap. Honestly hated the touch wiz interface. Deep down I always wanted a BlackBerry. Then I got the AT&T priv from amazon for a good deal. Thought of giving it a shot. Honestly didn't try the priv cos of its exorbitant price tag and limited availability in India. Little did i know the unlocked at&t priv wont get updated ever on other carriers. Now that i heard bb is working on a fix to this issue.
    I love the Priv and the bb touches in the os. This was the phone i always wanted. Should i get an unlocked priv or should i wait ??? Is there any hope for my device to be upgraded to mm ? I have no issues with lollipop though, is it good enough for a year ?? Pls help...

There's light at the end of the tunnel. AT&T Marshmallow is now in beta testing. It is true you can not update a Sim Card unlocked AT&T Priv without an active AT&T sim. But if you're willing to wait you can just wait around for the AT&T autoloader that will be released something after AT&T releases the Marshmallow update. Plus, Blackberry is working on something to help those people who bought an unlocked AT&T priv

kanungoash likes this.
    06-15-16 08:50 AM
    No guarantee there will be an autoloader.
    Course I'd bet money there will be, and further, that that will be BB's 'solution' to the unlocked Priv's.
    06-15-16 08:54 AM
    Thank u so much guys for ur advice... I'm a bbholic completely and want the legacy to continue. Blackberry is the reason why I love this device called a cellphone.

I believe lollipop will be good enough for me. I just hope priv would be still available in India till the time Im forced to give up this at&t one if there are no updates. But if BlackBerry provides a solution to this problem nothing like it !

Long Live BlackBerry!

06-15-16 09:12 AM
    Reports are saying Beta users didn't need an AT&T SIM to get the Marshmallow.
    06-15-16 09:35 AM
    All I wanna know is am I trapped with this at&t device or is there hope for me ?

06-16-16 03:07 AM