For these of you using unlocked Privs (from either Amazon or Shop Blackberry) on T-Mobile, did installing the T-Mobile sim install any carrier bloatware? If so, what apps? Thanks in advance.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-14-16 08:57 PM
    I purchased my Priv unlocked from Shop BlackBerry and activated it on T-Mobile. There was no carrier bloatware after activation.
    02-14-16 09:02 PM
    I purchased my Priv unlocked from Shop BlackBerry and activated it on T-Mobile. There was no carrier bloatware after activation.
    Awesome. Thanks for quick reply. Trying to help someone remotely.

02-14-16 09:10 PM
    I got my Priv from TMO and it only has 2 items that could be considered bloatware. One is a request to share your data usage with TMO, and the other is that Watch TV app. Nothing else other than that. I'm pleased.
    02-15-16 05:31 PM
    I got my Priv from TMO and it only has 2 items that could be considered bloatware. One is a request to share your data usage with TMO, and the other is that Watch TV app. Nothing else other than that. I'm pleased.
    No My T-Mobile account management app?

02-15-16 05:41 PM
    I purchased my Priv unlocked from Amazon and activated it on T-Mobile. I noticed a T-Mobile splash screen at startup but no carrier apps or anything else.
    02-16-16 04:17 PM
    No My T-Mobile account management app?

Nope.
    02-16-16 05:06 PM
    My shopBB priv on TMo gets the T-mobile splash on bootup, but had absolutely zero bloatware.
    02-16-16 05:56 PM
    No there is no bloatware

Many customers have unlocked AT&T units and used on T-Mobile and there is no bloatware

I have even tested an unlocked Rogers unit on T-Mobile and other than the splash screen there was nothing else!
    02-16-16 06:18 PM
    Thanks fellas!!

02-16-16 06:23 PM
    No bloatware, no Carrier screen at all

<3 TMO

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-17-16 01:03 AM
    Any way to keep a brand new 5.1 Android T-mobile priv from upgrading to Marshmallow?

I have a offer for a T-Mobile Priv, & it's a good price im getting.

Just want it to remain on 5.1 to avoid all the heating and battery drain issues Android 6 causes on this hardware, and since the priv is best optimised to run on 5.1

Is it like BB10, where despite the Auto-update turned off, the patch downloads by itself and forces you to install the same??

This is the only thing that's holding me back from the T-Mob slider

Can anybody confirm please...

I'm outside the US, and the Priv in question is an unlocked T-Mob Priv given by BB to an ex BB emp.

Will it catch on to the T-mob infra to relay an update outside the US?
    Last edited by valer466; 02-09-18 at 01:26 AM.
    02-09-18 01:12 AM
    Heating and battery drain for me was FAR worse on Lollipop. Wasn't perfect but Marshmallow made the PRIV much more tolerable. When I had a PRIV my commute was about an hour of watching videos or Bejeweled. Getting off the train, Lollipop is VERY hot in the pocket with the cooling down warning. Marshmallow, it would be lukewarm but no more warning.

As far as update goes, don't think the huge update would download until you manually accept it.
    02-09-18 11:33 PM
    They heating issues was with lollipop not marshmallow (4 me anyhow)
    02-10-18 10:56 AM
    They heating issues was with lollipop not marshmallow (4 me anyhow)
    And also for every single Priv owner out there...except for valer466 for some reason
    02-11-18 03:44 AM
    Any way to keep a brand new 5.1 Android T-mobile priv from upgrading to Marshmallow?

I have a offer for a T-Mobile Priv, & it's a good price im getting.

Just want it to remain on 5.1 to avoid all the heating and battery drain issues Android 6 causes on this hardware, and since the priv is best optimised to run on 5.1

Is it like BB10, where despite the Auto-update turned off, the patch downloads by itself and forces you to install the same??

This is the only thing that's holding me back from the T-Mob slider

Can anybody confirm please...

I'm outside the US, and the Priv in question is an unlocked T-Mob Priv given by BB to an ex BB emp.

Will it catch on to the T-mob infra to relay an update outside the US?
    You must be the only Priv user to want their phone to stay on lollipop. Marshmallow better optimized the battery from absolute crap to less crappy. Priv batery life was horrible

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    02-11-18 08:22 AM
    You must be the only Priv user to want their phone to stay on lollipop. Marshmallow better optimized the battery from absolute crap to less crappy. Priv batery life was horrible

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    Priv on MarshMallow + 1080p mod (or even 720) + disabled wi-fi and bluetooth scanning + location off makes for some very impressive battery life, I get a consistent 5-5hrs screen on time, up to 6 with non CPU/GPU intensive tasks.
    02-11-18 09:37 AM