Have a BB Priv that's about 3 months old (STV100-3). A few problems that make it near impossible to use as a work phone (thankfully, I have the Passport on another number).

• The VKB, on lockscreen, invariably types extra characters. So much so, that I have to open the PKB to enter my PW to unlock the screen.

Hub, Contacts and Phone: HUGE lag when network latency increases. It's become so much of a pain that I refuse, now, to use this phone for any work related activity. Emails are a pain, addresses do not autocomplete till the system fetches something from the cloud. Contacts and Phone app behave likewise - most of the time I get a blank screen, waiting for it to populate so that I can make a call or look up a contact (behavior is near identical in the contacts on the phone app as well as the Contacts app on the homescreen). About 30-40% of the time these apps give me a warning that they are not responding and ask if I would like to quit them.

Apps work fine, however. No complaints with camera or the other features of the phone. Battery does tend to overheat to an uncomfortable extent at times (charging or some apps)

I do not keep a rolodex of apps running by the side. Close everything as soon as I finish and re-start it if needed again.

Sound quality in music is better in the Passport than on the Priv (don't know why).

Running the latest update (MM 6.0.1 with Security Patch Level of Sep 6, 2016. Build No is AAG191).

I cannot imagine this to be a unique problem, but did not find a similar issue reported earlier. So, I apologize if this has been responded to earlier. Is it possible that there is some setting that I am missing or have set wrong?

Appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.
    09-28-16 11:26 AM
    I've seen neither of this; where are your contacts, calendar, etc?
    09-28-16 11:53 AM
    Have a BB Priv that's about 3 months old (STV100-3). A few problems that make it near impossible to use as a work phone (thankfully, I have the Passport on another number).

• The VKB, on lockscreen, invariably types extra characters. So much so, that I have to open the PKB to enter my PW to unlock the screen.

Hub, Contacts and Phone: HUGE lag when network latency increases. It's become so much of a pain that I refuse, now, to use this phone for any work related activity. Emails are a pain, addresses do not autocomplete till the system fetches something from the cloud. Contacts and Phone app behave likewise - most of the time I get a blank screen, waiting for it to populate so that I can make a call or look up a contact (behavior is near identical in the contacts on the phone app as well as the Contacts app on the homescreen). About 30-40% of the time these apps give me a warning that they are not responding and ask if I would like to quit them.

Apps work fine, however. No complaints with camera or the other features of the phone. Battery does tend to overheat to an uncomfortable extent at times (charging or some apps)

I do not keep a rolodex of apps running by the side. Close everything as soon as I finish and re-start it if needed again.

Sound quality in music is better in the Passport than on the Priv (don't know why).

Running the latest update (MM 6.0.1 with Security Patch Level of Sep 6, 2016. Build No is AAG191).

I cannot imagine this to be a unique problem, but did not find a similar issue reported earlier. So, I apologize if this has been responded to earlier. Is it possible that there is some setting that I am missing or have set wrong?

Appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.
    I don't recall reading issues like that. Oh, some folks have run into an issue here or there. But what you describe does not seem right. Depending on your location, you might be entitled to free phone support.

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    0800-141-3330 (UK)

You also might want to reload the OS using an autoloader found in the Sticky Threads in the Priv forum. Find the one that matches your carrier/model.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    09-28-16 01:27 PM
    Thank you.

I just reset/re-loaded the OS with an autoloader. Will wait and see how this behaves.
    09-28-16 10:49 PM
    So the OS is behaving a bit better now. Not heating as much.

The first issue still remains i.e. typing of extra characters on the VKB. Unresolved as yet. Phone and contacts are responding better, but that could also be because I eliminated duplicate contacts in my backup which had quadrupled in size.

Have not added the work account to the phone as yet. Will update on behavior of email as I do so.
    09-30-16 12:23 AM