If you look at this image: http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/mida...dsc08138-1.jpg doesn't it seem like they forgot to put on the piece that covers the CE statement? The Torches looked much better than that. It looks cheap and unfinished, if you ask me.
    myciviczc likes this.
    11-06-15 09:47 PM
    Actually think that it is intended. Looks industrial and "ready for action". Can't wait to get my hands on one. Been jonesing for a slider since my 9800.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, Xaiux, Deanig_12 and 4 others like this.
    11-06-15 10:01 PM
    You are not allowed to have those things hidden unless it's under an easy to remove cover I think. Look at the z30 vs the iPhone for example
    andy957 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:04 PM
    You are not allowed to have those things hidden unless it's under an easy to remove cover I think. Look at the z30 vs the iPhone for example
    This. Even the back of my s6 has that on there. I also think it looks fine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    11-06-15 10:07 PM
    Ok so why couldn't they have put a flat silver cover with the CE statement on that piece like on the 9800/9810?
    11-06-15 10:09 PM
    Had to keep it thin!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:11 PM
    This. Even the back of my s6 has that on there. I also think it looks fine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Yes but the point is that it's on the back of the phone and doesn't affect the aesthetics.
    11-06-15 10:11 PM
    If you look at this image: http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/mida...dsc08138-1.jpg doesn't it seem like they forgot to put on the piece that covers the CE statement? The Torches looked much better than that. It looks cheap and unfinished, if you ask me.
    It looks beautiful to me!!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:25 PM
    I like it the design of it, industrial and ready for business.
    11-06-15 10:36 PM
    I love the look, my opinion however. I feel like an extra added "door" would look too cheap

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:49 PM
    I think it looks fine. I do however think the "chin" looks cheap, especially compared to the old 9810.

In fact I think the whole keyboard area looks cheap and from pictures it looks to scratch easily.

It's also missing the frets.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:55 PM
    I think it looks fine. I do however think the "chin" looks cheap, especially compared to the old 9810.

In fact I think the whole keyboard area looks cheap and from pictures it looks to scratch easily.

Yea the silver frets were actually a disappointing miss on BlackBerry's end.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-06-15 11:03 PM
    Yea the silver frets were actually a disappointing miss on BlackBerry's end.

Posted via CB10
    Gotta save something for the Priv silver edition next year.

Posted via CB10
    _tC likes this.
    11-06-15 11:24 PM
    I've always thought it looked a little unfinished but there's not many ways around that and of course the smart slide wouldn't function the same if designed different.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:33 AM

The 9810 was the cheapest feeling phone I've ever held. The thing was awful, paint would peel off like nothing and it couldn't handle much of a fall.
    myciviczc likes this.
    11-07-15 11:23 AM
    The 9810 was the cheapest feeling phone I've ever held. The thing was awful, paint would peel off like nothing and it couldn't handle much of a fall.
    Fine, but it still looked good for its time.

The Priv isn't styled at all.
    Last edited by ssbtech; 11-07-15 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Missed a word - site lagging behind keyboard
    andy957 likes this.
    11-07-15 11:37 AM
    Take a black sharpie to it. Problem solved.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for The Priv
    11-07-15 11:42 AM
    Fine, but it still looked good its time.

The Priv isn't styled at all.
    The Priv isn't styled at all? Looks are subjective but come on dude.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 01:27 PM

Unless you are using a tool to scratch the keyboard it is as durable as any other physical keyboard from BlackBerry. I am glad those frets are absent; the keyboard look more professional as-is though an ESCape key would be the cat's meow for those of us who use secure shell to remotely access *nix servers and edit files with vi/vim..
    11-07-15 01:35 PM
    No way bud the back looks banging! It matches the color off the camera bezel and BlackBerry logout. Who in their right mind would want a cheesy silver or plastic looking black?

That backing is sexy!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 01:41 PM
    not sure of material... could be possible that it is being used as a heat sink to draw it away from internals? might be why people say it gets warm? better it heats away from important things inside.

when it is open like that and exposed to cooler air, it might help cool things better than a plastic back?
    11-07-15 01:53 PM
    No way bud the back looks banging! It matches the color off the camera bezel and BlackBerry logout. Who in their right mind would want a cheesy silver or plastic looking black?

That backing is sexy!!!

I know right!? It looks amazing to me, I feel people are making threads about anything now just to complain. Sound like a bunch of little kids around here.

The aim was to make the phone thin, look at the indents, they're obviously used in the sliding mechanism, you can't just cover it up even if you wanted to.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-07-15 02:07 PM
    I know right!? It looks amazing to me, I feel people are making threads about anything now just to complain. Sound like a bunch of little kids around here.

The aim was to make the phone thin, look at the indents, they're obviously used in the sliding mechanism, you can't just cover it up even if you wanted to.

Posted via CB10
    So expressing one's opinion/reaction is being like a 'bunch of little kids'? LOL that's a good one!
    11-07-15 02:11 PM
    Hate Slyders, why not android version of passport and release android OS for all BB 10s devices?
    11-08-15 10:10 PM
    I wrote 'your phone sucks' with a sharpie in that area.

BerryRipe likes this.
    11-08-15 10:15 PM
28 12