Honestly guys WTF is this I'm going to sue blackberry I swear like I'm literally using a quick charge 2.0 charger

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails [unconfirmed] 9hrs to charge priv?!-163326.jpg  
    12-03-15 08:01 PM
    Honestly guys WTF is this I'm going to sue blackberry I swear like I'm literally using a quick charge 2.0 charger

How long after plugging it in did you take that screenshot?

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    12-03-15 08:08 PM
    The BB10 chargers are 800mah and the priv charger is 1.3A. It's decent but I've been using it to charge the phone over night and using my 2.1a iPad charger to charge it for a quick boost in the living room and it charges noticeably faster.

12-03-15 08:16 PM
    Galaxy s6 charges in 1.5 hours from a dead battery why can't blackberry do this? Also camera On s6 is probably the best device camera out there this is what blackberry Needs to compete with.
    12-03-15 08:24 PM
    My Classics charged in a couple hours.
    12-03-15 08:27 PM
    At first, I thought you might be using wireless charging, I had a similar experience the first time I used it. I placed it centered on the charge pad, it bleeped at me, and went to bed. Woke up at 89%. Hooked it up to the cable and it was done by the time I was ready to leave for the office.

But wireless charge all night to only 89%?

Turns out, I was off center. Quite a bit, and a guide screen was available to show me where the coil was underneath the phone, so I aligned that and now the phone charges fine. It's off center of the charge pad by about an inch,
    12-03-15 08:29 PM
    I bet you have that charger hooked up to a hamster wheel
    12-03-15 08:30 PM
    I bet you have that charger hooked up to a hamster wheel
    Yes because it's totally my fault my quick charge 2.0 charger isn't doing what it should.. Lol bye

12-03-15 08:49 PM

30 mins, after I took that screenshot my battery dropped to 36 while on the charger

12-03-15 08:50 PM
    The BB10 chargers are 800mah and the priv charger is 1.3A. It's decent but I've been using it to charge the phone over night and using my 2.1a iPad charger to charge it for a quick boost in the living room and it charges noticeably faster.

I'm using a quick 2.0 charger so nothing is faster.

12-03-15 08:51 PM
    It's the charger then , my PlayBook charger does it in less than 1hour and half

Posted via the STV100-1
    anon9133023 and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-03-15 08:58 PM

Posted via the STV100-1
    Or the screen is on 100% brightness, but then we'd be able to see it from here (Omicron Persei 8)
    indie_b likes this.
    12-03-15 09:04 PM
    Yes because it's totally my fault my quick charge 2.0 charger isn't doing what it should.. Lol bye

Get a bigger hamster wheel?
    12-03-15 09:09 PM

Let us know how that goes.
    12-03-15 11:26 PM

LMAO
    12-04-15 12:10 AM
    That's strange, mine charges in less than 2 hours. Check the manual for your charger to see if it's indicating that it's going to quick charge mode, maybe it's falling back to normal mode for some reason?
    12-04-15 12:44 AM

Posted via the STV100-1
    Yes, playbook charger does it in just over an hour

12-04-15 02:18 AM
    Have you plugged the charger in?
    12-04-15 02:28 AM
    Op where did you purchase the quick charger? What brand is it and have you tried using another USB cable to charge your Priv with? Could be the cable is faulty or perhaps you bought a cheap knockoff charger? Another possibility is your Priv shipped with a defective battery.

12-04-15 04:48 AM
    Op where did you purchase the quick charger? What brand is it and have you tried using another USB cable to charge your Priv with? Could be the cable is faulty or perhaps you bought a cheap knockoff charger? Another possibility is your Priv shipped with a defective battery.

In other words the possibilities for the charging issue are endless, don't bash the Priv or BB just yet as you gave little to no information at all related to the quick charge problem, aside from what the forum colleague posted above, have you tried to charge another phone with the quick charge (even if that phone doesn't support quick charge)? In most cases like yours there is a human error at hand and in some rare situations the unit is faulty I presume in this case it's the 1st situation
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-04-15 06:07 AM
    In other words the possibilities for the charging issue are endless, don't bash the Priv or BB just yet as you gave little to no information at all related to the quick charge problem, aside from what the forum colleague posted above, have you tried to charge another phone with the quick charge (even if that phone doesn't support quick charge)? In most cases like yours there is a human error at hand and in some rare situations the unit is faulty I presume in this case it's the 1st situation
    Forget that. Easier to just blame BlackBerry and threaten to sue em. That fixes everything.
    12-04-15 06:47 AM
    Forget that. Easier to just blame BlackBerry and threaten to sue em. That fixes everything.
    I can think of so many better things to sue them over....

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 08:06 AM
    So first of all I understand your frustrations when something is not working. but please we know you are frustrated don't come on here as a hammer looking to hit a nail, it makes people not want to help as much!

Okay so the picture you took, see how that area is in gray, that is an estimation of how long it will take to charge based on the current charge. This is not always accurate because with a QuickCharger 2.0 it will change the rate of charge based on a few factors. If your device battery is running hot it will charger it slower to keep the battery healthy. I know when watching movies on my device it gets hot and if I plug in my QuickCharger it does not charge it fast. but other times when I am doing nothing I can watch the battery % go up its that fast.

Do some experimenting to see plug it in and look at the graph, then give it 1 hour and look at it again. There is a possibility that the quick charger functional could be broken on your charger, it is an electronic device and things can and do go wrong in manufacturing.

Please come back and let us know how it works when doing nothing on the phone and plugging it in for an hour
    dieselman89 and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-04-15 08:50 AM
    What a dumb post. Why don't you call BlackBerry tech support or your carriers tech support instead ?
    12-04-15 09:38 AM
    Galaxy s6 charges in 1.5 hours from a dead battery why can't blackberry do this? Also camera On s6 is probably the best device camera out there this is what blackberry Needs to compete with.
    My BlackBerry Priv battery recharges within 1.5-2.0 hours at the most from 0% to 100%. I use the charger and cable included in the retail box.
    12-04-15 10:25 AM
52 123