Had the Priv for 1 week now. 3 times so far, I take it out of the holster, and try to unlock it, though it is unresponsive.
    I remove it from the holster, I can see the time, date and status bar. When i press the power button, the screen will go blank. When i press the power button again, the time, date and status bar is shown. The volume buttons make beeping noises indicating volume is going up/down. The keyboard does not do anything.
    That is all i can do. Nothing will allow me to input the PIN.

The only way to escape this screen, is a 30+second power button press.

It is fully updated.

Any ideas?
    03-07-16 12:11 PM
    Is your holster a PRIV specific one? Also, can you wake the display by double tapping on the screen? If needed, go to settings>display and turn on Wake-up gestures to allow double tapping on screen to wake device
    03-14-16 12:09 PM
    Maybe the holster needs a bit of manual massage or stretching over that area?
    03-14-16 01:17 PM
    Have you tried to open and close the keyboard when this happens? It almost sounds like your Priv gets stuck in flip-case preview mode, where just a small part of the screen comes active.
    This happens from time to time with my OEM leather pocket, when it really got stuck, I either have to reboot the phone or try opening and closing the keyboard.
    03-14-16 01:52 PM
    I figured out the issue a few days ago: like the above post mentions, the screen was locked in the flip case mode. Yes, it was happening on the BB holster. I have a Seidio holster now, no issues.

The double tap did not work, i dont think the keyboard slide would work either. (Double tap is enabled)

The only way to clear it up, was to re insert it into the holster, remove, and it would unlock.

thanks for the help
    03-14-16 04:33 PM
    My Priv screen regularly (5-10 times a day) becomes unresponsive exactly as the OP describes in the original post. The only way to bring the touch screen back to life is to open and close the keyboard a few times. As soon as I open the keyboard the touch screen is active again, but sometimes it takes 2-5 cycles of opening and closing for the touch screen to stay active with the keyboard closed.

I don't use a case at all and the phone is fully updated. Any ideas?
    09-29-16 11:03 AM
    My Priv screen regularly (5-10 times a day) becomes unresponsive exactly as the OP describes in the original post. The only way to bring the touch screen back to life is to open and close the keyboard a few times. As soon as I open the keyboard the touch screen is active again, but sometimes it takes 2-5 cycles of opening and closing for the touch screen to stay active with the keyboard closed.

I don't use a case at all and the phone is fully updated. Any ideas?
    Have you tried any of the reboot methods?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    09-29-16 11:30 AM