On Monday, my first day at work after purchasing my Priv, I realized that my emails were no longer coming and going from my Hub (they were fine over the weekend). I did all the usual trouble-shooting, searching the web for suggestions, but had no luck. Yesterday, I continued to trouble-shoot and finally managed to get my incoming messages (3 Gmail accounts) to flow through the hub, but out-going messages continued to sit there and eventually display with a red exclamation mark indicating that they had not been sent.

Last night, as I continued to troubleshoot, I disconnected my phone from my home wifi and tested again using just my Verizon cellular data. The emails successfully sent from my hub. Reconnecting to my home wifi did not create a problem; I was still able to send directly from the Hub.

This morning, I'm back at work and logged into campus wifi. Once again, no emails will send or receive from the Hub if I am connected to wifi. Disconnect, and everything is fine.

I never had this problem on Q10 and Sprint, but I changed devices and providers at the same time. I suspect this is related to Verizon and not the device, but I don't know how to fix it.

I'm sure someone else has encountered a similar problem, so how do you resolve it? Thanks!
    04-06-16 07:14 AM
    My work has several wifi connections. most of them allow me to connect but do not send or deliver email to me. I finally disconnected and just use my ample data to use my phone at work. You might need to do the same thing.....
    04-06-16 08:50 AM
    My work has several wifi connections. most of them allow me to connect but do not send or deliver email to me. I finally disconnected and just use my ample data to use my phone at work. You might need to do the same thing.....
    And it should be pointed out that you do not have a Priv but another Android brand. Did this also happen when you had the Z30? Do you need a password for the wifi? Could the phone distinguish a secure versus open/insecure network?
    04-06-16 11:11 AM
    On Monday, my first day at work after purchasing my Priv, I realized that my emails were no longer coming and going from my Hub (they were fine over the weekend). I did all the usual trouble-shooting, searching the web for suggestions, but had no luck. Yesterday, I continued to trouble-shoot and finally managed to get my incoming messages (3 Gmail accounts) to flow through the hub, but out-going messages continued to sit there and eventually display with a red exclamation mark indicating that they had not been sent.

Last night, as I continued to troubleshoot, I disconnected my phone from my home wifi and tested again using just my Verizon cellular data. The emails successfully sent from my hub. Reconnecting to my home wifi did not create a problem; I was still able to send directly from the Hub.

This morning, I'm back at work and logged into campus wifi. Once again, no emails will send or receive from the Hub if I am connected to wifi. Disconnect, and everything is fine.

I never had this problem on Q10 and Sprint, but I changed devices and providers at the same time. I suspect this is related to Verizon and not the device, but I don't know how to fix it.

I'm sure someone else has encountered a similar problem, so how do you resolve it? Thanks!
    The next time (or couple times) you are able to reproduce this can you please take some logs for me? I'd love to have the engineering team take a look at this one. It shouldn't matter what connection you're using, as long as you do legitimately have a connection.

1) First go into system settings -- About Phone and tap the “Build Number” field a bunch of times. This will enable developer mode.
    2)Go back to the main settings menu and you should see “Developer options” above about phone item – tap this.
    3) There should be a toggle in there for “Bug report shortcut” – please turn this on. You may need to restart your device for this to take effect. You may also need to turn on USB Debugging.

Reproduce the issue(s) you are seeing – immediately after reproducing the issue, proceed with the below.

1) Hold Power button
    2) Choose create bug report (The lights will flash)
    3) Once the bug report is created, a notification shows in the shade
    4) They click on that, and choose how you want to share - typically best if you upload to Google Drive, or some other cloud provider to save it, and then share the .txt output back to me via PM
    04-06-16 11:37 AM
    I have narrowed this down to a repeatable, easily (for me) testable set of steps:

1. Have Wifi OFF, and send/receive from Gmail account.
    2. Turn Wifi ON, and try to send an email from this Gmail account
    - The outbound email will show as obviously pending, and will remain that way (nothing in/out)

It does not seem to matter which Access Point I am connected to, and this only started happening within the past week (or less)

I will try to get a debug log, and review what is in it for myself to see if I can release it for anyone to review.

Will PM you the link to my log in a second, but I did find this tidbit:

04-06 17:02:14.782 9334 13167 W BBImapPop: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: failed to connect to imap.gmail.com/2607:f8b0:4002:c0c::6d (port 993) after 10000ms
    Last edited by AmigaDude; 04-06-16 at 04:37 PM.
    04-06-16 04:03 PM
    The next time (or couple times) you are able to reproduce this can you please take some logs for me? I'd love to have the engineering team take a look at this one. It shouldn't matter what connection you're using, as long as you do legitimately have a connection.

1) First go into system settings -- About Phone and tap the Build Number field a bunch of times. This will enable developer mode.
    2)Go back to the main settings menu and you should see Developer options above about phone item tap this.
    3) There should be a toggle in there for Bug report shortcut please turn this on. You may need to restart your device for this to take effect. You may also need to turn on USB Debugging.

Reproduce the issue(s) you are seeing immediately after reproducing the issue, proceed with the below.

1) Hold Power button
    2) Choose create bug report (The lights will flash)
    3) Once the bug report is created, a notification shows in the shade
    4) They click on that, and choose how you want to share - typically best if you upload to Google Drive, or some other cloud provider to save it, and then share the .txt output back to me via PM
    I'm pretty happy that you are looking for data logs and error logs from people here to bring to the engineering team. Crackberry is a great resource so it makes sense that blackberry employees should be here in the forums!

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    04-06-16 05:35 PM
    I've got two Priv devices one of which I use on WiFi and 4G all the time. I send and receive emails over WiFi too, but I know I can because it's usually my own WiFi or the carrier Hotspots that come free with my service. The only variable here is the campus WiFi, as I think other have already suggested.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 05:49 PM
    My problem started at home, so it is not Campus wifi. You know, looking at the log record that I posted, I just noticed that it is using an IPv6 address to reach Gmail server. Most likely that is the problem, since I am using UVerse and they seem to be activating more and more IPv6 settings.
    04-06-16 08:03 PM
    Thanks for the logs everyone (if anyone else wants to share more as well, please feel free to PM them to me), I've got a bug created and will have the team take a look. Hopefully it's something simple. This is definitely wonky...
    FF22 likes this.
    04-07-16 11:25 AM
    This may not help the OP, when using campus wifi, but I seem to have a workaround for home.
    In my ASUS router, I turned off IPv6 completely and everything 'seems' to have been working all day. With wifi on , I sent emails, which went out immediately, and I received emails all day. More testing should be done, but this is an improvement from yesterday. Obviously this is not an option when you don't control the equipment, and no self respecting network admin will let you near their settings for a campus.

Also, I am finding that Android devices have been having related issues for a few months now. So, this may be our Welcome To Android party.
    Nexus owners report sync issues with Gmail, Inbox, other apps
    FF22 likes this.
    04-07-16 04:55 PM
    This may not help the OP, when using campus wifi, but I seem to have a workaround for home.
    In my ASUS router, I turned off IPv6 completely and everything 'seems' to have been working all day. With wifi on , I sent emails, which went out immediately, and I received emails all day. More testing should be done, but this is an improvement from yesterday. Obviously this is not an option when you don't control the equipment, and no self respecting network admin will let you near their settings for a campus.

Also, I am finding that Android devices have been having related issues for a few months now. So, this may be our Welcome To Android party.
    Nexus owners report sync issues with Gmail, Inbox, other apps
    Nope that article is highlighting something else entirely

The added information helps. I'll pass it along.
    04-08-16 11:20 PM