Afternoon,
    After breaking my Passport over the Christmas holidays, I thought it was time to upgrade to an Android BlackBerry. So a couple of weeks ago I purchased a PRIV and, after some initial frustrations, I have gradually managed to get somewhat comfortable with the OS.

However, there is one problem that I can't seem to solve. When I try to attach camera pictures to an email created via the Hub, the email just closes and takes me back to the main Hub screen.

I have no issues with attaching pictures to an email created directly from the Gmail app.

I would appreciate any assistance as this is driving me nuts...

thanks
    matt
    01-24-18 01:37 AM
    Afternoon,
    After breaking my Passport over the Christmas holidays, I thought it was time to upgrade to an Android BlackBerry. So a couple of weeks ago I purchased a PRIV and, after some initial frustrations, I have gradually managed to get somewhat comfortable with the OS.

However, there is one problem that I can't seem to solve. When I try to attach camera pictures to an email created via the Hub, the email just closes and takes me back to the main Hub screen.

I have no issues with attaching pictures to an email created directly from the Gmail app.

thanks
    matt
    I don't have trouble doing this with my PRIV. Did you get yours new? If so, have you run all the updates?
    01-24-18 02:25 AM
    I don't have trouble doing this with my PRIV. Did you get yours new? If so, have you run all the updates?

It was NOS, and I have run all the updates. I've just been testing it out with other attachment types and the same thing occurs.

I have a feeling I'll be buying another Passport...
    01-24-18 02:28 AM
    It was NOS, and I have run all the updates. I've just been testing it out with other attachment types and the same thing occurs.

I have a feeling I'll be buying another Passport...
    That is not normal for the PRIV. I have had mine 2 years and it works fine with attaching files in the Hub. So something isn't right. If you have a Twitter account, or can set one up, BlackBerry has a help account. They are going to be offline right now because it is night in their timezone. Here is a link:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp
    01-24-18 03:11 AM
    Thanks Sigewif, I don't have twitter but might ask my wife if she does!
    01-24-18 03:26 AM
    That is not normal for the PRIV. I have had mine 2 years and it works fine with attaching files in the Hub. So something isn't right. If you have a Twitter account, or can set one up, BlackBerry has a help account. They are going to be offline right now because it is night in their timezone. Here is a link:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp
    They wouldn't have a help email address would they? I tried submitting the form via their website but it says I need a subscription order number?
    01-24-18 03:38 AM
    They wouldn't have a help email address would they? I tried submitting the form via their website but it says I need a subscription order number?
    Where did you buy your PRIV? They are going to want some information.
    In the mean time have you tried emptying the cache and also doing a hard reboot? To empty cashe go to settings, storage & USB, click on internal storage and allow the numbers to become visible (it says calculating before they show). Then navigate down to cache and click on cached data. It will give the option to clear all cashed data. Do that. Then allow the numbers to settle.
    I would also do a hard reboot, if it were me, by holding the power button down together with the volume down button for 32 full seconds. Ignore that it vibrates and wants to turn on, until the time is up. Then allow it to reboot. This is supposed to be the equivalent of a battery pull, and similar to a reboot of a PC when it gets buggy. Allow it to go through the rebooting process. You will be asked to enter your password or security lock pattern. This often resolves issues and has for me on quite a number of occasions.
    01-24-18 03:49 PM
    In the mean time have you tried emptying the cache and also doing a hard reboot? To empty cashe go to settings, storage & USB, click on internal storage and allow the numbers to become visible (it says calculating before they show). Then navigate down to cache and click on cached data. It will give the option to clear all cashed data. Do that. Then allow the numbers to settle.
    I would also do a hard reboot, if it were me, by holding the power button down together with the volume down button for 32 full seconds. Ignore that it vibrates and wants to turn on, until the time is up. Then allow it to reboot. This is supposed to be the equivalent of a battery pull, and similar to a reboot of a PC when it gets buggy. Allow it to go through the rebooting process. You will be asked to enter your password or security lock pattern. This often resolves issues and has for me on quite a number of occasions.
    I purchased it from one of the phone sellers here in Australia.

First thing I tried was the 32 second reset.

I appreciate your assistance but to be honest I've just given up on the Priv. I called the blackberry support 1800 number and they couldn't assist. Priv is at end of life apparently and I'm not an enterprise customer so they didn't particularly care either. As a result the Priv is back in its box, I've switched back to my classic and ordered another Passport. I am sad to say that Android blackberry isn't for me. I wanted to love it, but It just feels like a pale, buggy imitation of the blackberry experience tacked onto something else.
    01-24-18 05:54 PM

First thing I tried was the 32 second reset. I've also done the cache clear on multiple occasions and removed any apps that were not installed from the factory. I also did a factory reset. The issue still persists.

I have found a couple of other threads with the same or similar issues. None had a resolution.

I appreciate your assistance but to be honest I've just given up on the Priv. I called the blackberry support 1800 number and they couldn't assist. Priv is at end of life apparently and I'm not an enterprise customer so they didn't particularly care either. As a result the Priv is back in its box, I've switched back to my classic and ordered another Passport. I am sad to say that Android blackberry isn't for me. I wanted to love it, but It just feels like a pale, buggy imitation of the blackberry experience tacked onto something else.
    01-24-18 06:03 PM
    Afternoon,

thanks
    matt
    Is it just one email account that's happening with? If so, maybe try removing and re-adding the account to the hub.
    01-24-18 09:05 PM

First thing I tried was the 32 second reset. I've also done the cache clear on multiple occasions and removed any apps that were not installed from the factory. I also did a factory reset. The issue still persists.

I have found a couple of other threads with the same or similar issues. None had a resolution.

I realize that I should have asked you what you had tried already before giving suggestions. I can understand your frustrations since you have tried what you outlined above. I don't believe that it is an issue that has been that widespread.
    My Priv has served me well; I ordered it on launch day. There were a few issues over the course of the time I have had it but nothing that couldn't be resolved. Now I also have a KEYone, which does many things better, being as it is a newer device. But my PRIV is still ticking.
    I am just curious as to whether you tried Ray689's suggestion.
    All the best!
    01-25-18 04:37 PM
    I can confirm that it is happening with all email accounts. All have been removed and re-added multiple times including after the factory reset and uninstallation and reinstallation of the Hub.
    01-25-18 05:44 PM
    Afternoon,

thanks
    matt
    Can you detail the steps you are going through to attach the image?
    01-25-18 11:02 PM
    From the Hub I'll start to compose a mail. I hit the paper clip icon in the top right. This brings up the menu of what to attach. Say I hit picture it will take me to the screen to select recent photos. Once I select the photos and hit ok it just dumps me back to the main hub screen (sometimes a draft of the email is there and other times it is gone completely).

Interestingly if I select Hub Attachments from the popup menu after hitting the paper clip I am able to attach those.
    01-25-18 11:15 PM
    I have no problem ...using the priv only
    04-20-18 12:36 AM
    No problems here, clear your cache and reboot phone.
    -- Just noticed this was a 4 month old thread.
    04-20-18 10:51 AM