Looking to replace my Bold 9790 as supported apps are falling by the wayside. EE in UK have also just launched new plans which allow 15GB/month roaming in Europe. Was looking at PRIV but now come across a clip on keyboard for the Galaxy S7 - see here Galaxy S7 keyboard Cover Case Black | Samsung UK
    So think the keyboard may be a good solution.

But pricing seems really odd, and really surprised given PRIV is a lot older/cheaper.

PRIV on a 15GB plan is �55.99/month +�79.99.

S7 on a 40GB plan is �55.99 +�0, �50.99 + �89.99 (saves �30) or �45.99 + �189.99 (saves �50). I can use the 15GB abroad each month and as I don't have broadband in UK, would be great to use the other 25GB as a wifi hot spot.

Wondered if anyone had tried the S7 keyboard. Looks pretty similar to BB keyboards and works by NFC, so no battery. Screen resizes automatically when clipped on. Probably doesn't have trackpad like PRIV and doesn't have back lighting.

S7 is also 4G+ or LTE-A and much more newer and smaller and lighter.

S7 seems to be a no brainer and the way to go - unfortunately!!
    09-21-16 08:27 AM
    Ok from my understanding , I have analysed your post and it seems you at a crossroads between data and a device.

I also see you hoping and wanting the s7 with the clip on keyboard to be a good alternative to the priv.

Well I can answer the question above that the s7 clip on is no where near as ergonimical and useful as the pkb on the priv. It's not even a make shift or going to come close to the experience on the priv. so that alternative you trying there won't work as you'll have to carry around a clip on etc which just seems like a hassle I'd want to avoid.

Value for money get the s7. To suit your needs that you want and expecting . I'd go for the priv.

All the best.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    Uzi likes this.
    09-21-16 08:34 AM
    That S7 + clip on keyboard combo reminds me so much of my windows mobile XDA2 and clip on XDA keyboard ten years ago. Looks good in principle but a pain to use in reality. There was the inevitable occasional lag since its not integral to the hardware. I'm sure tech has gone a long way since then, but the other pain was having that extra accessory to lug about, although I see from the photos that the S7 keyboard could be clipped on backwards. Still not a seamless or elegant solution. But that's just me. I just purchased my Priv earlier this week and I couldn't be happier. Built like a tank with the PKB built in and not some ad hoc appendage.
    In the end, to each his own. The S7 is already a great device. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-21-16 09:30 AM
    Just a few hours ago I ran into this: BlackBerry Priv versus Samsung's Note 5 keyboard case | Android Central

It's about Note 5's keyboard case, but it could maybe give you an idea about what to expect.

Do you maybe have a chance to try both phones and that add-on keyboard somewhere before you make your decision?
    09-21-16 11:17 AM
    Look, if you need a PKB you shouldn't make a second thought. You have to go for the Priv .

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    09-21-16 01:35 PM
    I had a Galaxy S6 Edge+ with a QWERTY case before the Priv came out on Verizon. The day the Priv came out, I switched.

The QWERTY case was very usable in my experience, but once I saw the Priv's PKB, there was no going back. Just way more functionality on the Priv. Also, the QWERTY case would sometimes glitch (repeat characters, e.g. "Bbbbbbbbblackberry") and I'd have to unclip and reclip it to get it to stop.

If the S7 and QWERTY combo is your only option, it's probably workable. But if you really like typing quickly and accurately on your phone, you won't beat the Priv's PKB.
    09-21-16 01:37 PM
    I used both (PRIV and S7 edge+Keyboard Cover)

What I can tell you is the experience is night and day.
    Samsung's keyboard is just an "accessory", and it does not have a comfortable keys to type on, optimized software to use keyboard functionalities, no backlight. It uses some magnetic-electric to communicate with the phone.

However, I must say S7edge display and processor are one of the best in the market right now
    09-21-16 03:20 PM