I get two copies of every email from Gmail. Not a huge problem, but annoying. Another email account (domain name bounce) retrieves just one.

This afternoon I was getting rid of automatic notifications on some apps and doing a forced stop on a few others I never use to save battery life.

I appear to have two Hubs running. Both have been running the same length of time, but one has used slightly more MBs.

Is this why I get two emails? Should I force stop one or let them go on as before?

Thanks for any help.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-03-16 09:23 PM
    Now sure how you got two Hubs running. Reboot or restart and see if that fixes it up. Did you setup Gmail in the Hub and also in the separate Gmail app? That could create dupes.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.
    04-03-16 09:57 PM
    I don't think there are two hubs but the duplicate notifications issue.

I think you've got another mailing app doing the same. For eg if you're using BlackBerry Hub for your Gmail then you shouldn't have the built-in Gmail app do the same.

Search around duplicate notifications thread here.
    In short, you need to disable sync and notifications from standalone apps to avoid duplicated notifications.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    04-03-16 10:31 PM
    OP meant two hub in setting - apps- running apps
    Don't worry OP it's normal

For Gmail you can disable the Gmail app and using hub only for email
    04-03-16 10:34 PM
    I rebooted and it was the same.

No duplicate in Gmail app but only in hub.

I've now deactivated Gmail in the Hub. Now that I've done that, the Settings>Apps shows only one Hub running. Thanks so much!

Jeri

Uzi likes this.
    04-04-16 12:43 AM
    I rebooted and it was the same.

No duplicate in Gmail app but only in hub.

I've now deactivated Gmail in the Hub. Now that I've done that, the Settings>Apps shows only one Hub running. Thanks so much!

Jeri

The list you are looking at is likely showing the different services WITHIN the Hub application that it uses to make different features work. There are a few background services it makes use of to keep features functioning. I would not suggest killing these off unless you really know what you're doing - there's a high-likelihood things will stop functioning properly.

Can you post a screen capture of your duplicate email issue? It's most likely one of two things...

1) You are getting email notifications from both the Gmail application and the Hub -- in this case simply turn sync off for one of the two apps (I'd of course recommend turning Gmail off )

2) You are syncing some of your labels/folders within the Hub, specifically the all mail folder or important folder -- this will result in 2 copies of the mail being shown in the Hub at the moment because Gmail does labelling (1 to many) instead of foldering (1 to 1) like most other email services do. This will be fixed in the next coming Hub update so that it only shows one copy of the email message as expected. For now the easiest way to solve is to turn off sync of some of your folders.
    04-04-16 03:35 PM