Hi there. I love my priv but I am having a bit of trouble with the build quality I guess. I live in a country where you sort of gamble the phone is under store warranty but not sure if I would want to give the phone to the store to work on my phone because no one there has probably ever even worked on a Priv before.

#1) A crack has formed (Perhaps it's my fault but i have never dropped the phone) on the plastic that is underneath the lower volume button on the right side of the phone. It's not entirely causing any direct issues other than my annoyance and sometimes it will lift slightly. I am thinking about possibly try to pull it off (the slider part) and finding someway to glue it back together? Thoughts ?

#2) This one is more serious. It has happened twice now perhaps it can be a loose wire? What happens is all of a sudden the audio goes down and becomes like a really bad AM radio or not able to to be heard. And the speaker will pop and sound awful. What's weird is after a while this will self fix itself but it's annoying. I am using the Marshmellow beta however I do believe this is a hardware issue and not software I have rebooted but that does not correct the issue. (It just happens, then unhappens) Any thoughts on this one would be great.

Thanks I really want to continue to use the Priv just really need the phone speaker to work as I use it for some of my work projects and music.

Thanks
    04-23-16 08:04 AM
    Well, the speaker issue sounds like Hardware but did it happen before you installed MM beta? If not, it could be the beta. Have you reported it to BB as part of the test.

As for the broken plastic, You'd have to look at one or two videos that show the insides of the phone. Since it is near the Volume button, maybe it is causing the problem with the speaker. You might have a problem though with warranty repairs since a break might be blamed on dropping or a bending pressure when it was in a pocket.

Usually, the stores do not work on the phone but send it to BB. But that's where you might have a problem. Yesterday someone reported that they had a slight chip or dent on their phone and BB said it was damaged and not covered by warranty.

In Google Playstore, you can find Blackberry Virtual Expert. It has tests including speaker tests.

Good luck.
    04-23-16 09:36 AM