Give me a review from Lisa Gade at MobileTechReview, and I'm set. She's as unbiased as you can get.
    This. I hope she already has a review unit.
    kertong and alexeysalo like this.
    11-02-15 12:15 PM
    I would argue to say that BLA1ZE has less of a bias in his reviews, and tells it as how it is, compared to the Crackberry Kevin reviews of old.. lol
    And I said as much, though I didn't compare him to another reviewer. Do I consider him unbiased? No, of course not, no product review is unbiased. Would I dismiss his review outright given his association with the brand? No, because I have found his past commentary to be sufficiently balanced and logical.
    Flatman likes this.
    11-02-15 01:33 PM
    Sadly this is how software development is these days. People asked for it, "rapid agile" delivery.

I mean look at Windows 10...
    Do we have to?
    11-02-15 03:11 PM
    Looks like a good chunk of the blackberry android apps were updated on Oct. 26 Hopefully this resolves some of the issues.
    11-02-15 05:38 PM
    Tell me about it. I still can't fathom why Remember does not have something as basic as "purge completed tasks".

If ANYONE thinks BB10 is perfect, they are delusional.
    i want to smash Remember for this very reason.
    11-02-15 06:48 PM
    I don't understand this thread.

It's an Android device. It's going to function the same as any other Android device. Just has a keyboard. It is the same.

What is this guy complaining about? Android? Boohoo. Then he should buy an iPhone. The keyboard? Then get something from someone else. The BlackBerry apps? Like anyone will be using those much anyway. And they're version 1.0 to boot.

Understand this everyone. You're buying a Samsung edge screen running lollipop. If you don't like lollipop then this is not the device for you.

Posted via CB10
    Understand this as well. If the BlackBerry apps aren't there or working, then I have 0 reason to buy this over any other android since a pkb isn't something I even have an opinion on. The BlackBerry vkb is a selling feature for me. I don't use the hub for anything but email anyway so I'm guessing I'll be fine with the android version. I like Google a lot less than I like android. I'd much prefer to stay with BlackBerry 10. Not getting the option down the road. People are entitled to an opinion whether you agree with it or not. Percent I believe the people that keep yelling bb10 or nothing need to give it a rest. I wish things were different, but they aren't.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:04 PM
    Understand this as well. If the BlackBerry apps aren't there or working, then I have 0 reason to buy this over any other android since a pkb isn't something I even have an opinion on. The BlackBerry vkb is a selling feature for me. I don't use the hub for anything but email anyway so I'm guessing I'll be fine with the android version. I like Google a lot less than I like android. I'd much prefer to stay with BlackBerry 10. Not getting the option down the road. People are entitled to an opinion whether you agree with it or not. Percent I believe the people that keep yelling bb10 or nothing need to give it a rest. I wish things were different, but they aren't.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Saying that, Priv will be updated to Marshmallow soon within months just like other Android phones but most likely sooner because it's not so customized like say Samsung.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-02-15 07:14 PM
    Too be honest... no I wouldn't trust Bla1ze's review either. CrackBerry is a fan site, and thus as the "head" of CrackBerry it's Bla1ze's job to be a little partial. I like looking at a number of reviews... one guy might hate the camera, but if eight others say it's great, I'll ignore the one. But if eight say it's bad and only one say's it's great.....

I know Kevin is planning an unboxing... maybe he'll do a Gadget Expert review too?
    Made me LoL. Thanks.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-02-15 07:18 PM
    11-02-15 08:08 PM
    It just goes to show the type of person he is. He could have chosen to delete tweet (proper route) or ignore people's replies to his tweet.
    Sure enough his true self came to light. Pure class. (ugg)

This Evan Blass guy is a blogger whom is good at finding out the next greatest thing before announced.
    He has zero background in technology or expertise in judging quality of phones. He is a consumer like the rest of us.
    IGNORE his opinion (or his friends opinion).

BlackBerry Priv!!
    kertong and Steve Rizla like this.
    11-02-15 08:14 PM
    I guess he is simply incapable of admitting he was wrong in quoting an unreliable source as verbatim. The fact that a third party had to correct him speaks volumes. Best response is to take his utterances with a pinch of salt.
    11-02-15 09:38 PM
    Sadly this is how software development is these days. People asked for it, "rapid agile" delivery.

I mean look at Windows 10...
    The ol price, schedule quality pyramid.

Where I work, they want it cheap, on time and with quality. I can tell you that sadly we sacrifice quality. Then we get hair brained ideas like automated acceptance tests (which will never work given the framework we are dealing with).
    11-02-15 11:47 PM
    Why should we talk about this now? it's the time to get excited about priv, not lifting things which may change our attitude towards the phone...
    even if it has some big bugs, You know what?, it's the Blackberry which we trusted and still trust. As far as i know, they'll roll out marshmallow in December or before, and that update would fix all the problems.

C00152E72
    11-03-15 08:08 AM
    Notice how he ignored the question and instead chose to be rude? Why isn't he admitting the fact that while it may be "buggy," it's because the phone his "friend" has doesn't have final software which can be updated up until release on November 6 and further. The way he's talking it's as if he's never heard of a software or app update.
    11-03-15 09:31 AM
    Why don't some of ya'll just simply say that because it wasn't a positive tweet about the Priv, that it must be wrong. I mean, that's what this is ultimately about. That man don't owe no explanations to ya'll lol. He's provided plenty of leaks over time and ya'll loved him for it but says one thing that isn't positive and people attack him.

Shame how some people from crackberry replied so rudely to him. Just wait for the review and go do something with your lives until the review drops lol. It ain't that serious lol

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE, JeepBB and jope28 like this.
    11-03-15 11:01 AM
    Why don't some of ya'll just simply say that because it wasn't a positive tweet about the Priv, that it must be wrong. I mean, that's what this is ultimately about. That man don't owe no explanations to ya'll lol. He's provided plenty of leaks over time and ya'll loved him for it but says one thing that isn't positive and people attack him.

Shame how some people from crackberry replied so rudely to him. Just wait for the review and go do something with your lives until the review drops lol. It ain't that serious lol

Posted via CB10
    This Evan guy gets way too much attention. He is a leaked device blogger, that's it! Not a reviewer of new phones. He has zero technical background thus his comments are offside. If he had that background of a new phone reviewer then we would not care so much. Evan is just not qualified to say anything good or bad, Re technical issues. Call it pretty, call it ugly we won't care but don't yap about it being buggy. I bet he could not explain what buggy means.
    I personally don't believe it until I do my own review and hear from actual experts.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-03-15 11:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    People have a right to ask questions in a nice and respectful way - I don't agree with people being rude bullies online. But I think the reason so many people jumped on him was because:
    1) phone isn't even out yet he's claiming it's buggy and a "beta test" and all based on his "friend"
    2) he never clarified what is buggy even after being asked by multiple people... is it the Android OS? The BlackBerry apps? The launcher? Also, he isn't responding to questions about if his "friend" has even tried updating the OS or any of the BlackBerry apps
    3) he keeps going back to "production unit".... who cares if it's production, that just means the hardware won't change

I think it would be best if BB fans took the high road and asked questions in a respectful way. Being rude won't help.
    PygmySurfer and Rello like this.
    11-03-15 11:17 AM
    This Evan guy gets way too much attention. He is a leaked device blogger, that's it! Not a reviewer of new phones. He has zero technical background thus his comments are offside. If he had that background of a new phone reviewer then we would not care so much. Evan is just not qualified to say anything good or bad, Re technical issues. Call it pretty, call it ugly we won't care but don't yap about it being buggy. I bet he could not explain what buggy means.
    I personally don't believe it until I do my own review and hear from actual experts.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Thats not the point. The point is that his "credentials" have never come into play until now when he says he has a friend that says the phone is buggy. Like Blaze said earlier, if he wouldve said something positive, people wouldve taken that and ran with it without questioning it. Thats the point. How do you know his background. You actually might, but im just asking...Im sure he's handled plenty of phones to know what hes talking about when it comes to devices...
    howarmat, MO3iusONE and JeepBB like this.
    11-03-15 12:19 PM
    For goodness sake stop being so negative. The phone looks remarkable and can do many things that my current excellent BlackBerry can't.

Posted via CB10
    For example?
    11-03-15 02:06 PM
    I agree that we should wait for the actual release. It's only days ahead so don't panic.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:59 PM
    Let's all speculate!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 01:43 PM
    For example?
    Well with Android in general , widgets, different launchers (nova launcher etc, variety when it comes to apps, variety when it comes to on screen keyboards (even though b10 keyboard is better?), Android pay, etc. Etc.

As with the Priv, who knows what other features we'll encounter once we actually have the pbone in hand..

Would you like me to keep going?
    11-05-15 12:13 AM
    For example?
    Maybe make money?
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-05-15 12:49 AM
    Maybe make money?
    Good example

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:50 AM
174 ... 567