It has glitches and lag because it's a BlackBerry. Don't anyone dare say anything good about the company.

Get the hell outta here. I don't buy it. 5.1.1 has been out a while now. If it's perfect on any other Android device then I can't understand why it wouldn't be any good on a BlackBerry phone. I think it's just the negative view people have of BlackBerry.

I'm still getting one and I'll see for myself. I'm not spineless nor brainwashed. I form my own opinions.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    Gajja, Elite1 and Theicecreamman like this.
    11-02-15 08:50 AM
    In one side we could say "BlackBerry had to launch when it is all set up an finished " but marketing doen't give so much time, it's now or never and we, the BlackBerry users, know that pretty well since we are still paying the the consequences for the long waiting we've been exposed to.

Posted from my sexy Z10
    Haha marketing. Like there was any of that. It's a damn shame. It's like they don't want people to see they still make phones.

11-02-15 08:53 AM
    I don't buy it. 5.1.1 has been out a while now. If it's perfect on any other Android device then I can't understand why it wouldn't be any good on a BlackBerry...
    Most manufacturers tweak Android for their particular phones, so the Android experience can vary widely per manufacturer.
    11-02-15 09:25 AM
    Well, looks like I'll be waiting a month for this phone to drop $300 in price. I don't need a keyboard phone so bad that I'll pay $700 for what sounds like a generally buggy, not-so-smooth experience. It just figures that all the early reports of a "smooth OS" were just shills.
    11-02-15 10:25 AM
    Every new idea has a risk and is not perfect! Samsung Note...people said it wouldn't last and was too big! Even Apple copied with a "plus" phone. There are people waiting in the wings for the Priv to be great, so they can return home. Software can be fixed easy and fast. It's the hardware that needs to be great! Anyone talking about that, hardware?
    11-02-15 10:27 AM
    Well, looks like I'll be waiting a month for this phone to drop $300 in price. I don't need a keyboard phone so bad that I'll pay $700 for what sounds like a generally buggy, not-so-smooth experience. It just figures that all the early reports of a "smooth OS" were just shills.
    Aren't you the guy that buys the $70 phones?
    11-02-15 10:30 AM
    It has glitches and lag because it's a BlackBerry. Don't anyone dare say anything good about the company.

Get the hell outta here. I don't buy it. 5.1.1 has been out a while now. If it's perfect on any other Android device then I can't understand why it wouldn't be any good on a BlackBerry phone. I think it's just the negative view people have of BlackBerry.

I'm still getting one and I'll see for myself. I'm not spineless nor brainwashed. I form my own opinions.

Well Said!!! My sentiments exactly!!
    11-02-15 10:33 AM
    I bought a q10 off kijiji for 80 dollars and it's great. Lol.
    anon4226395 and Elite1 like this.
    11-02-15 10:33 AM
    This phone is getting great reviews except from one "friend of a friend".
    People that panic and are that reserved, cheap etc are usually the ones that miss out on great a opportunity ...
    Too bad you jokers believe a "friend of a friend". Have a spine and make your own decisions based on multiple reviews or testing it yourself.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-02-15 10:38 AM
    Not up to me. I'd post a review right now if it would stop all the whining around here and some of the less than accurate info. That's not a shot at PrivBerry either, just some people are twisting things up, adding their own thoughts into the mix and confusing what's going on with some things. It's like playing the game where one person says one thing, passes it along and by the time it gets to the person at the end, the message is entirely different.
    Ah Chinese whispers is what that is called where I come from.

Excellent point though. People need to chill,it is just a phone at the end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 10:40 AM
    I do not really agree with the tweet. The Priv itself is not particularly buggy. It is running Android so it is at least "as good as" other flagship Android devices. I have not had apps crash and there is not really any lag.

As for Blackberry's own software, I hope the Hub is unfinished because it needs work. Some great simple features like skipping audio with the hardware buttons are missing from BB10 so it does in some ways feel like a step back.

Buggy and unfinished, no.
    Pretty decent, and a work in progress.
    Not exactly. Having Android means all the customization, features and apps Android has.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 10:45 AM
    This phone is getting great reviews except from one "friend of a friend".
    People that panic and are that reserved, cheap etc are usually the ones that miss out on great a opportunity ...
    Too bad you jokers believe a "friend of a friend". Have a spine and make your own decisions based on multiple reviews or testing it yourself.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    It isn't getting great reviews. There aren't any reviews out yet.
    Theicecreamman likes this.
    11-02-15 10:45 AM
    Lol so you go by unconfirmed reports? You know report is just a fancy word for rumor right? How about you wait until the phone actually comes out, read / hear all reviews and try the phone out for yourself before making a decision.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Mecca EL and Pinot2015 like this.
    11-02-15 10:46 AM
    It isn't getting great reviews. There aren't any reviews out yet.
    Car phone or whatever has an un boxing and overview of the phone and state it's fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-02-15 10:47 AM
    Car phone or whatever has an un boxing and overview of the phone and state it's fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    That's an unboxing, I don't consider those "reviews".
    11-02-15 10:56 AM
    That's an unboxing, I don't consider those "reviews".
    What they showed was nice. But I agree -- they barely scraped the surface.
    11-02-15 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Of course they're saying it's fantastic, they have a stock of them they're trying to sell. It wouldn't help them to have a negative review. The same reviewer was similarly rosy about the Lumia 950XL.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    11-02-15 11:13 AM
    Of course they're saying it's fantastic, they have a stock of them they're trying to sell. It wouldn't help them to have a negative review. They were similarly rosy about the Lumia 950XL.
    I get your point, but...

So you're saying Bla1ze's review should not be trusted either, since Mobile Nations are also trying to sell phones?
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-02-15 11:16 AM
    I get your point, but...

So you're saying Bla1ze's review should not be trusted either, since Mobile Nations are also trying to sell phones?
    No, because they likely aren't going to try and sell them in the same volume. My point is that one should always consider positive and negative motivations when consuming product reviews. From watching the Berryflow podcasts, Bla1ze strikes me as a trustworthy person, not given to blindly touting a product even when produced by a company with whom he has a long association. That retailer is not someone that's passionate about brand or technology in general, but merely about making money. Obviously, I may not, and probably would not, agree with him on what constitutes the real market value of the phone, but that's neither here nor there. I would accept as probable that the difference of the opinion was derived from legitimate differences of opinion, not on his trying to sell me snake oil.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-15 11:21 AM
    I get your point, but...

Too be honest... no I wouldn't trust Bla1ze's review either. CrackBerry is a fan site, and thus as the "head" of CrackBerry it's Bla1ze's job to be a little partial. I like looking at a number of reviews... one guy might hate the camera, but if eight others say it's great, I'll ignore the one. But if eight say it's bad and only one say's it's great.....

I know Kevin is planning an unboxing... maybe he'll do a Gadget Expert review too?
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-15 11:52 AM
    No, because they likely aren't going to try and sell them in the same volume. My point is that one should always consider positive and negative motivations when consuming product reviews. From watching the Berryflow podcasts, Bla1ze strikes me as a trustworthy person, not given to blindly touting a product even when produced by a company with whom he has a long association. That retailer is not someone that's passionate about brand or technology in general, but merely about making money. Obviously, I may not, and probably would not, agree with him on what constitutes the real market value of the phone, but that's neither here nor there. I would accept as probable that the difference of the opinion was derived from legitimate differences of opinion, not on his trying to sell me snake oil.
    I would argue to say that BLA1ZE has less of a bias in his reviews, and tells it as how it is, compared to the Crackberry Kevin reviews of old.. lol
    11-02-15 11:52 AM
    Too be honest... no I wouldn't trust Bla1ze's review either. CrackBerry is a fan site, and thus as the "head" of CrackBerry it's Bla1ze's job to be a little partial. I like looking at a number of reviews... one guy might hate the camera, but if eight others say it's great, I'll ignore the one. But if eight say it's bad and only one say's it's great.....

I know Kevin is planning an unboxing... maybe he'll do a Gadget Expert review too?
    Yeah, it's much better to aggregate the reviews.
    11-02-15 11:55 AM
    Give me a review from Lisa Gade at MobileTechReview, and I'm set. She's as unbiased as you can get.
    Brazen9000, Yertie and kertong like this.
    11-02-15 12:00 PM
    Listening (again) to the Upstream Podcast, I noticed a remark James made about Dtek and I'd mark as spot on :

"I almost think that what BlackBerry has built here is almost premature, it's almost as if they build this device for Android M as opposed to Lollipop "

Shall I have spent 1:43 twice for this sentence alone, I'd be happy to remind it when Marshmallow drops on Priv.
    11-02-15 12:08 PM
    I have up until now. I seemingly can't get by with this option anymore, but $700 is a large pill to swallow.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-02-15 12:14 PM
174 ... 4567