When you hurt the reputation of a company or person by saying something publicly. If that statement hurts sales of company and reputation or hurts individual reputation then person (evan) could be held libel (defamation). It is a risk he is taking because product is not released yet and he can not prove it is true. If true then not libel. But damage may be done. Saying that, since he is public figure in the Mobile community his statement means something so he might be getting a call from BlackBerry lawyers. Would not surprise me at all. It's his money to defend if that happens.
    If he was not well known then not an issue. But he is. Again, it's because he can't prove it. No released product yet. That's the problem for Evan

Besides, everyone else that has reviewed this has said not buggy. Thus it actually makes Evans case and statement as bogus. One opinion that should have been kept anonymous.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Public commentary is only legally liable if said commentary can be shown to be demonstrably and quantifiably false, e.g. the mobile executive that was convicted of reporting false sales data to profit from it. If reviews were legally actionable, we would have no tech reviews at all, having been sued into oblivion by plaintiffs with far deeper pockets than Blackberry Limited.
    MO3iusONE and JeepBB like this.
    11-01-15 08:08 PM
    Vox and its subsidiaries are the nadir of the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    Correct name police here--that's Nader!
    11-01-15 08:12 PM
    Vox and its subsidiaries are the nadir of the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    Which one's worse, Vox or Gawker?
    11-01-15 08:12 PM
    So, are we going to hear for the next couple of years that since this is BlackBerry's first Android device and the competition has been doing Android for years? This is sort of a reboot, after all.
    11-01-15 08:25 PM
    Are you going to check the demo unit tomorrow?
    11-01-15 08:27 PM
    Tough question. On one hand, The Verge, Vox and Polygon, on the other Kotaku, Jezebel and Gawker.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 08:28 PM
    Are you going to check the demo unit tomorrow?
    I tried today, no success, they "didn't have it". Might try another store near my work tomorrow, that is a bigger store.
    11-01-15 08:28 PM
    The only opinion I trust is my own so until I hold a Priv in my hand, I'm taking what everyone is saying about it with a grain of salt. This reminds me of the Passport when the early leaks started to surface of it, all the moaning and gnashing of teeth from all circles. lol Yet when I held it in my hand for the first time I knew I wanted it.
    bungaboy, Gajja and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 08:58 PM
    The only opinion I trust is my own so until I hold a Priv in my hand, I'm taking what everyone is saying about it with a grain of salt. This reminds me of the Passport when the early leaks started to surface of it, all the moaning and gnashing of teeth from all circles. lol Yet when I held it in my hand for the first time I knew I wanted it.
    I remember a girl saying that to me once
    jope28 likes this.
    11-01-15 08:59 PM
    The verge is going to do a number on the priv if this is true lolol

Posted via CB10
    The verge will buy priv, just to review priv's weakness
    11-01-15 09:19 PM
    Actually, everyone just needs to chill the f out and wait and see for themselves.
    Bla1ze, this is a serious question. Is it against a typical BlackBerry NDA to admit you're not able to discuss things because of an NDA?

Like for TV shows a star will come out and say "I can't talk about that", usually meaning giving away spoilers. And they even say it's a violation of their contract to talk.

But with BlackBerry, it seems like everyone is assuming you've had a Venice for a while. And you're not denying that. You're also not saying that you do have one and that you're honoring the terms of your NDA. I understand the NDA saying you can't talk about the device. But can it also say that you can't even say that you signed a NDA? Is admitting you have a phone to evaluate even if you disclose nothing still a violation of the NDA?

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-01-15 09:40 PM
    Well, this leaks guy also said it's supposed to have a 21mp Sony sensor so.... �\_(ツ)_/�

Don't trust leaks, trust own your own judgement!
    11-01-15 10:10 PM
    "buying into a giant BlackBerry Android beta test."
    Sounds to me as the following :
    If you expect BlackBerry software to work on par with BB10, then you might be disappointed.
    In line with some other (early) comments, notably about the HUB experience.

Still, as noted in the TW comments, we're unsure what current "users" (should be testers, early reviewers ?) have in their hands in terms of SW release, either for the OS build and/or apps versions and what they've installed/tweaked.

Priv perfect on launch ? Probably not but wouldn't it be unfair to forget to mention the good part ? I sincerely doubt there's nothing to balance this "feeling" with great additions.

P.S: could you lead me to a first gen device of any brand that was perfect at launch ?
    Ios9 launched with with 9.0 and has been updated a couple of times already and 9.2 is out on Beta, so......

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:01 PM
    All of his Priv leaks were accurate even (if I remember correctly) when the usual suspects were claiming it was impossible for BBRY to be building an android device and it was all lies.
    Nope not all. He claimed PRIV being launched at Google event with Android 6.0

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:27 PM
    Well, it's true lol. If Evleaks said something positive, everyone would be retweeting it and sharing it non-stop and praising him. But because it's not overly positive everyone is hating on him. Get a grip. Does everyone buy devices based on Tweets from Evleaks these days? Has everyone become incapable of forming their own thoughts? Reviews and comments only tell one side of the story, so people need to relax, wait for the reviews and then go check out the device for themselves. People are so starved for Priv news yet when it comes and it doesn't meet their expectations they start dumping on those who shared the opinion. Freaking nonsense.
    I think the main reason people are reacting like that to a tweet is that there is long history of main stream media, tech blogs and other so called professionals bashing Blackberry phones for reasons that would be no problem at other vendors' phones.

This missing objectivity and biased testing had a disastrous effect on Blackberry (although to be fair Blackberry made a lot of mistakes itself) and led to bad carrier behaviour where people were talked out of buying a BlackBerry and into buying an iPhone or a Samsung.

Combine that with a management (former and current) acting without a clue and you have the mix that makes Blackberry's stakeholders so thin- skinned.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-02-15 12:07 AM
    I think the main reason people are reacting like that to a tweet is that there is long history of main stream media, tech blogs and other so called professionals bashing Blackberry phones for reasons that would be no problem at other vendors' phones.

This missing objectivity and biased testing had a disastrous effect on Blackberry (although to be fair Blackberry made a lot of mistakes itself) and led to bad carrier behaviour where people were talked out of buying a BlackBerry and into buying an iPhone or a Samsung.

Combine that with a management (former and current) acting without a clue and you have the mix that makes Blackberry's stakeholders so thin- skinned.

Posted via CB10
    I'll say this, the phone will speak for itself. Yeah we've all grown impatient and want the phone now, hell, I'm sure they could've released the phone sooner but who knows how buggy it would have been.

This is Blackberrys last attempt at releasing a handset. It's sink or swim, hopefully they don't disappoint and the phone delivers and shuts all the naysayers.

Also I hope Palm comes back from the dead and releases the Treo 1000, but that's another story.
    11-02-15 12:33 AM
    Some great simple features like skipping audio with the hardware buttons are missing from BB10 so it does in some ways feel like a step back. .
    It's an available feature on Marshmallow.

11-02-15 01:32 AM
    It's an available feature on Marshmallow.

http://i.imgur.com/75jj2MZ.png
    Maybe the Priv will surprise everyone and get Marshmallow sooner rather than later or maybe updates within Lollipop might allow it.

I have no idea what I'm talking about. I don't know my Android from my iOS lol

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 11-02-15 at 05:02 AM.
    11-02-15 04:45 AM
    People are entitled to their own opinion. For me even the iOS 9 for both iPhone and iPad felt like a glorified beta. So cool down guys..

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:47 AM
    Cant WAIT for a real review to end all this bs. Dont understand why BlackBerry is allowing carphone warehouse to make unboxing videos but isnt allowing true tech bloggers/experts review the device and get some real opinions on it.
    I've said this before, but one possible reason is that there is a grain of truth to the tweet, and BB is feverishly trying to get the product ready. That is why they got the Google Apps going in Google Play Store. For sure one of the first things they will want you to do is update the BB apps that came pre-installed. It seems likely to me that review units that may have existed in previous weeks may have had issues that they want to be ready to respond to when the reviews come out.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-02-15 06:14 AM
    People are entitled to their own opinion. For me even the iOS 9 for both iPhone and iPad felt like a glorified beta. So cool down guys..

Posted via CB10
    What isn't a big beta these days. Even Windows is, that's why there's the Insider program.

People asked for rapid delivery, they got rapid agile development.
    11-02-15 06:43 AM
    The fact really is Android is an unfinished OS and which is why many like it for its untapped potential. It is also why iOS always feels more polished and has its respective drawbacks.
    11-02-15 07:17 AM
    It won't be. I expect it to be functional like both of those OS's were out of the box but it will be riddled with bugs and complaints from people who expected this device to be perfect upon launch.
    Expect it to be as functional as any other Android. The blackberry apps may feel a little early / incomplete to BlackBerry people, but those apps are in addition to what you can get on any other Android device.

Is the OS buggy? Ask Google, it's there's.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:33 AM
    Is the OS buggy? Ask Google, it's there's.

Posted via CB10
    It's not as simple as that. Do all PCs running Windows suffer from the same problems? Of course not.

Phones with different hardware will perform differently. This is more true with Priv because BlackBerry has integrated it's own services into the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 07:49 AM
    In one side we could say "BlackBerry had to launch when it is all set up an finished " but marketing doen't give so much time, it's now or never and we, the BlackBerry users, know that pretty well since we are still paying the the consequences for the long waiting we've been exposed to.

Posted from my sexy Z10
    Last edited by jsille; 11-02-15 at 08:26 AM.
    11-02-15 07:53 AM
174 ... 34567