I don't understand this thread.

It's an Android device. It's going to function the same as any other Android device. Just has a keyboard. It is the same.

What is this guy complaining about? Android? Boohoo. Then he should buy an iPhone. The keyboard? Then get something from someone else. The BlackBerry apps? Like anyone will be using those much anyway. And they're version 1.0 to boot.

Understand this everyone. You're buying a Samsung edge screen running lollipop. If you don't like lollipop then this is not the device for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:56 AM
    I find it amusing that users have such short memories... Owning an Iphone 6... lost count how many patches and updates were released in the first 2 months OS updates I have received...want talk about half baked OS... could not make any calls for a week with the first week till a new patch came out... since sept 16 they are now up to IOS 9.1... why???? not because Apple loves you... it is because the OS was "half baked".... yet all we hear about how "buggy" the other OS releases are... great example of the Apple spin machine and how so many are brainwashed....

It is interesting that when a new device comes out.. it is called buggy... yet no one seems to relate what is buggy and how many.... are they functional bugs ala Apple or Wife bought a LG G3 earlier this year... had stock 5.1 with one update... have not had a single issue with it.. runs smoothly... does what she wants... had way more issues when she had a BB,,,

It is a fact of life that smartphone companies plan these phones and OS months to years before release dates... so it is a case that you have to release your product on a timely manner or your dead in the water... add to that .. these bugs show up when beta testing happens.. but like editing a book you never see all the errors until you release that product for all to use.. if you have millions of users the bugs become more apparent... simply due to the complexity of the OS...
    11-01-15 11:57 AM
    We don't even know that people are using pre-release units with same version of OS...
    Therefore, I'd be very cautious with everleaks comment on this one.
    11-01-15 12:00 PM
    No brand or phone has ever come out of the gate perfect, PLUS no brand or phone has yet to be perfect period. Iphone has its fair share of issues, and poor design.
    bungaboy, La Emperor and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 12:01 PM
    Most things have been confirmed to be fixed by out of the box app updates. Relax everyone, walk slowly back from the ledge. Everyone is so quick to jump onto bad intel.
    bungaboy, MO3iusONE and Gajja like this.
    11-01-15 02:38 PM
    Being realistic, it's a "first-gen" Android-Berry.
    Things will get better with updates.
    Just look at the Q10; when I got it with 10.1, it was not as awesome as it is now.

I'm not one to move from BB10 and get an android-berry, but we have to be fair.

I'm rooting for the Priv to do well, even though I wouldn't consider going to another OS until there are no BB10 devices in the market lol

The hardware seems awesome from what the leaks show, so that means that the possible pitfalls could potentially be fixed with software updates.

Hopefully, there will be huge updates on the first week of the Priv's availability to help with most of the issues mentioned by the leakers.
    Actually, a huge Hub update would be great right when customers start setting up their devices for the first time.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 11-01-15 at 03:31 PM.
    11-01-15 02:54 PM
    OMFG!!! Give it all a rest! BlackBerry knows it can't release a dud, if the guy tested it himself and stated exactly what the issues are then fine but he didn't so I'm not worried.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 03:06 PM
    I do not really agree with the tweet. The Priv itself is not particularly buggy. It is running Android so it is at least "as good as" other flagship Android devices. I have not had apps crash and there is not really any lag.

As for Blackberry's own software, I hope the Hub is unfinished because it needs work. Some great simple features like skipping audio with the hardware buttons are missing from BB10 so it does in some ways feel like a step back.

Buggy and unfinished, no.
    Pretty decent, and a work in progress.

This. Exactly this.
    bungaboy, moody, TommyBB and 3 others like this.
    11-01-15 03:14 PM
    Yup. Anyone expecting this to be a smooth transition is going to most likely be disappointed. There are Android vendors that have been doing this for years that still have tons of bugs in their software. Anyone expecting this phone to be without a multitude of bugs is living in fantasy land.
    Yeah even touchwiz ui in Samsung devices known as laggy ui, they still sell well

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-01-15 03:14 PM
    Why did they bother including Hub? This "gift" is now an unnecessary cause for alarm!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 03:35 PM
    Whatever. "One Friend". Grain of salt everyone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-15 03:40 PM
    This. Exactly this.
    Well if you weren't spending your time on a beach in Florida you could have posted this long ago and saved a bunch of baby kittens.
    Toodeurep, Mecca EL and Rello like this.
    11-01-15 03:44 PM
    This. Exactly this.
    Seems like someone's just writing a review, right? ^^

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 03:45 PM
    My concern was a laggy experience due to BB security software. Sounds like that's not an issue and just fixes needed to improve to Hub, works for me.
    sugbo likes this.
    11-01-15 03:59 PM
    The longer CrackBerry waits to post their review the more of this kind of damage can be done to the device's reputation.

BlackBerry: end the embargo immediately if you know what's good for you.

Posted via CB10
    B_Rad BurnZ likes this.
    11-01-15 04:01 PM
    He obviously deleted his tweet. Better for him. I wonder how much damage he caused. He has 192000 followers...

I wouldn't care what anyone is saying what a friend told him. If I want that device I'll get it regardless of someone's tweet.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 04:01 PM
    the more of this kind of damage can be done to the device's reputation.
    Where ? Don't be fooled with numbers...
    I for one (for once, should I say) am happy to wait for the D day.
    No dilution, no 'I can give you that but you won't get it full because... well I don't (want to let you) know why.
    I want a deep review, in real life, with real software and hardware. The one I could get at ShopBlackBerry (hey, maybe shop CrackBerry too ? ).
    I had enough previews, snapshots, feelings, wonders and repetition.
    Make it real, deep, serious and without compromise.

BTW: I'm pretty sure of what I'm about to read.
    And this is not lazy rehashing.

Edit/PS : tweet still here AFAIK
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-01-15 at 04:39 PM.
    bungaboy and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 04:20 PM
    He obviously deleted his tweet. Better for him. I wonder how much damage he caused. He has 192000 followers...

I wouldn't care what anyone is saying what a friend told him. If I want that device I'll get it regardless of someone's tweet.

Posted via CB10
    Did he? I just tried the link and it's still there.
    11-01-15 04:30 PM
    Whatever. "One Friend". Grain of salt everyone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Actually come to think about it... that friend must be John Chen. He still couldn't swipe the screen to wake it.
    jope28 and RezzaBuh like this.
    11-01-15 04:31 PM
    Actually come to think about it... that friend must be John Chen. He still couldn't swipe the screen to wake it.
    Very original I must say. Good for you.
    11-01-15 04:32 PM
    Did he? I just tried the link and it's still there.
    Damn, you're right. I even turned on my PC to check that before I wrote it and couldn't find it.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 04:32 PM
    Very original I must say. Good for you.
    Some's sarcasm detector is not working today.
    11-01-15 04:34 PM
    Before this derails (360� view) ...

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    nward2010, Ecm, xs27 and 1 others like this.
    11-01-15 04:41 PM
    Evleaks needs to hush up.

Tweet from evleaks-img_20151101_223936.png

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-01-15 04:42 PM
    Evleaks needs to hush up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151101_223936.png 
Views:	2103 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	378539

Posted via CB10
    Actually, everyone just needs to chill the f out and wait and see for themselves.
    11-01-15 05:58 PM
174 12345 ...