For me the PRIV is the perfect device, here's why: Years ago I gave up on Android and switched to the Q10 mainly because of the Hub and great Exchange integration and of course the keyboard. It's even better on my Classic now.

But I also ordered some Android devices now and then like the Xperia Z3 or the HTC One M8 and really liked them. But although Android is a great OS there were 2 major issues I always came back to my Classic: The Hub and the keyboard.

Now with the PRIV those issues are gone and I'm happy there is a device that combines it all. This is why the PRIV is the perfect device for me.
    11-01-15 07:16 AM
    PlayBook was unfinished and un ready. Z10 was also. They both were overpriced for being new and buggy.

I made the mistake of being BlackBerry's ***** for those 2 releases. So glad I didn't pre-order this thing. Once the price drops and they bring the OS up to at least normal Android crapiness levels then I'll pick one up.

Maybe BlackBerry should have made its own typo keyboard for iPhone and been done with it. Not thrilled with having to choose between iPhone and an OS that seems to suck under the best of conditions.

If only BlackBerry 10 had the apps, and ongoing development it would have been the best OS.

Time to go back to the old Motorola StarTAK and pretend I'm James T. Kirk.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-01-15 07:20 AM
    Let's be clear, PRIV is 98% Android lollipop...How the hell can it be more buggy or lag than other Android...

Priv is an Wonderfull Android with outstanding PKB. And from What I see around me,90% of old PKB user Would be back to BlackBerry with Priv Android but them who switch to ios.

Posted via CB10
    arfin likes this.
    11-01-15 07:23 AM
    "Friend with a Priv says it feels buggy and unfinished. Cautions that users may be "buying into a giant BlackBerry Android beta test."

Well He can't be talking bout Android 5.1.1 by itself. There's been over a dozen phones released with that OS version. No reviewer has ever said it was buggy. But there's always criticism of the skin on top of it. So what's left are merely apps by BlackBerry.

At the very least it is still a fully functional pocket computer. BlackBerry can correct their apps without having to do an OS release. And you know how long those can take.
    Gajja likes this.
    11-01-15 07:31 AM
    Oh no! Better tell the Lemmings . . .

Tweet from evleaks-skyisfalling.jpg
    11-01-15 07:34 AM
    I know a lot of people who struggle with electronics in general and always blame the device. I bet his friend is the type of person who uses all the muscles in his arm to complete a simple gesture which only requires a thumb.

I have a feeling these 'bugs' will go unnoticed by someone like me.
    11-01-15 07:37 AM
    welcome to Android, no need to panic, lags will always be there with systems and apps even other OS like windows etc. the apps will be updated with fixes very often. no need to worry. i am still getting it as soon as i can
    sugbo likes this.
    11-01-15 08:48 AM
    Who is this evleaks?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 08:55 AM
    Who is this evleaks?

Posted via CB10
    Mobile tipster - excellent track record with leaks
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-01-15 09:01 AM
    Who is this evleaks?

Posted via CB10
    he's a (now) freelance tech writer who has a tremendous track record with Apple leaks.

If he tested it himself and said this I would be concerned. But it's a friend of his, subjective comments etc.
    sugbo likes this.
    11-01-15 09:03 AM
    Quick to judge. Inability to solve but so called excellent professional record.

Tweet from evleaks-img_20151101_091734.png

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:22 AM
    Is he known for both appl and android leaks? Or just mainly apple leaks?

Posted via CB10
    sugbo likes this.
    11-01-15 09:26 AM
    Is he known for both appl and android leaks? Or just mainly apple leaks?

Posted via CB10
    Actually, he's had pretty reliable BlackBerry leaks for a while.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:28 AM
    Well, I would hate for this device to suffer in the same way the Z10 did.

Rough early iterations turned away many from enjoying much refined later experience.

This type of 'early beta tester' experience is why I argued the price tag seemed high. There are plenty of people willing to 'experiment' with unproven stuff, but... you expect some sort of concession.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 and Uzi like this.
    11-01-15 09:32 AM
    I've had both android and BlackBerry 10 and android doesn't feel buggy to me, I have the occasional app crash but Samsung puts such a tough skin on their phones it is tough to tell what is causing the crash.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:34 AM
    Quick to judge. Inability to solve but so called excellent professional record.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151101_091734.png 
Views:	2525 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	378499

Posted via CB10
    Ah now see this is already better than BB10. In the BB10 world you would have a bunch of people fumbling to find Sachesi codes, messing with BAR files downloaded from questionable sources and a bunch of threads at launch when is (insert carrier here) getting the OTA.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    11-01-15 09:40 AM
    Actually, he's had pretty reliable BlackBerry leaks for a while.

Posted via CB10
    All of his Priv leaks were accurate even (if I remember correctly) when the usual suspects were claiming it was impossible for BBRY to be building an android device and it was all lies.
    MO3iusONE, JeepBB and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 09:43 AM
    That's one way of looking at it, but other reviewers are likely to be less charitable, sadly. First impressions are huge, especially for BlackBerry's first (and possibly last) Android offering.
    Work in progress in terms of bringing all of the great features of BB10 to the PRIV. That is completely different from a work in progress as an Android featured phone, which is clear that it performs as such. Don't twist privberry's word.

Passport on AT&T
    11-01-15 09:54 AM
    All of his Priv leaks were accurate even (if I remember correctly) when the usual suspects were claiming it was impossible for BBRY to be building an android device and it was all lies.
    Leaking information/facts is very different from opinion on device performance passed on second hand, so not even his own opinion! In this instance, he's essentially a troll. Let's see what the actual hands on reviews say on Friday....

Passport on AT&T
    Last edited by RigoMonster; 11-01-15 at 10:55 AM.
    bungaboy, CatDaddy and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 10:00 AM
    He might be talking about the BlackBerry android apps which will definitely be improved with updates... as far as android goes, it's pretty going to be stock Android experience so we have to live with whatever we get... BlackBerry10 to android is a downgrade to be frank... wish BlackBerry makes its OS open source and other companies adopt it...

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:04 AM
    Taking an opportunity to share something here.

[INFO] Abuse of Reporting System - Repeated and malicious false reporting of posts is not tolerated. Anyone found to be in violation of this will receive an infraction.
    [/INFO]

Staff has been getting flagrantly improper reports on posts in this thread this morning. After review, inappropriate posts are usually deleted, but some posts being reported do not violate posting standards. Just because you disagree with a poster does not give you carte blanche in sending reports on them.

If anyone has a problem understanding what needs to be reported and what doesn't, please refer to our community Guidelines.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    11-01-15 10:30 AM
    It will be interesting to see how deeply the blackberry UI changes are integrated into the OS. If the user can toggle off the customizations, and uninstall, turn off, or ignore the BlackBerry apps, it would be the best of both worlds. BlackBerry flavour for those that want it, vanilla android for those that don't.

Like many people have said though, I can wait for the real reviews. The sooner someone gets this to Lisa at MobileTechReview, the sooner we'll have a reliable and complete review.
    MO3iusONE and tp2386 like this.
    11-01-15 11:19 AM
    Those lies kinda at the same level as saying Blackberry is going out of business aka dead for last 3 years now? last i heard they have some cash in their bank. IMO it is great move By Blackberry CEO to not think with tunnel vision as most haters would like Blackberry to do. despite all the hate towards blackberry, the company is doing just fine IMO. That is the difference between donkey and a horse. when every usual suspect singing blackberry dead song the Google Chairman Eric Schmidt kept on using a blackberry not sure why.
    In the example of EVleaks, his comment about his "friends" claim still stands but a Tweet from shahriyar Ali Editor of BBin is not taken with the same respect because he said that it has been fixed.
    11-01-15 11:26 AM
    "buying into a giant BlackBerry Android beta test."
    Sounds to me as the following :
    If you expect BlackBerry software to work on par with BB10, then you might be disappointed.
    In line with some other (early) comments, notably about the HUB experience.

Still, as noted in the TW comments, we're unsure what current "users" (should be testers, early reviewers ?) have in their hands in terms of SW release, either for the OS build and/or apps versions and what they've installed/tweaked.

Priv perfect on launch ? Probably not but wouldn't it be unfair to forget to mention the good part ? I sincerely doubt there's nothing to balance this "feeling" with great additions.

P.S: could you lead me to a first gen device of any brand that was perfect at launch ?
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    11-01-15 11:49 AM

Still, as noted in the TW comments, we're unsure what current "users" (should be testers, early reviewers ?) have in their hands in terms of SW release, either for the OS build and/or apps versions and what they've installed/tweaked.
    We don't even know that people are using pre-release units with same version of OS...
    anon4226395 and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-01-15 11:51 AM
174 1234 ...