https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/660776687815163904

Doesn't sound good...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-15 05:25 AM
    It has begun..... :0(

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 05:28 AM
    Some of the comments mirror what privberry has been saying in the other thread :-/ little bit disappointing.
    11-01-15 05:35 AM
    Some of the comments mirror what privberry has been saying in the other thread :-/ little bit disappointing.
    Same person? Privberry=evleaks friend? Who knows, but I didnt take privberry as coming off like he felt the device was overly buggy or unfinished. Really the HUB seems to be his major complaint which should be able to be fixed with an appstore update.

Regardless, I hate to see evleaks disseminating such vague negative information with the amount of following he has. IMO android in general seems buggy and unfinished, he should feel obligated to give reasons why he drew this conclusion on this device in particular.

Posted via CB10
    moody, Gajja and dbarz like this.
    11-01-15 05:55 AM
    Well, Android is Google's longest Beta test.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 05:57 AM
    Just like privberry said, the hub is just an email, sms, and bbm app.

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-01-15 05:57 AM
    I hope there will comes a video review soon, than we know the true now we only can listen to rumours

Posted via CB10
    Gajja likes this.
    11-01-15 06:00 AM
    No one should be surprised by this.
    11-01-15 06:03 AM
    Well that doesn't sound promising!
    11-01-15 06:06 AM
    I do not really agree with the tweet. The Priv itself is not particularly buggy. It is running Android so it is at least "as good as" other flagship Android devices. I have not had apps crash and there is not really any lag.

As for Blackberry's own software, I hope the Hub is unfinished because it needs work. Some great simple features like skipping audio with the hardware buttons are missing from BB10 so it does in some ways feel like a step back.

Buggy and unfinished, no.
    Pretty decent, and a work in progress.
    11-01-15 06:06 AM
    Any Android flagship is going to be laggy one day or another..

Posted via CB10
    Allanon89 likes this.
    11-01-15 06:07 AM
    Every user is going to have a slightly different take... Like every other phone
    LazyEvul and RWB3325 like this.
    11-01-15 06:10 AM
    Buggy and unfinished, no.
    Pretty decent, and a work in progress.
    That's one way of looking at it, but other reviewers are likely to be less charitable, sadly. First impressions are huge, especially for BlackBerry's first (and possibly last) Android offering.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Allanon89 like this.
    11-01-15 06:16 AM
    Sadly this is how software development is these days. People asked for it, "rapid agile" delivery.

I mean look at Windows 10...
    Theicecreamman, lactose and kfh227 like this.
    11-01-15 06:20 AM
    All big manufacturers like Samsung, HTC or Motorola have been releasing unfinished software and hardware for years and still do. It's BlackBerrys first Android device so it wont be perfect out of the box either. But BlackBerry made the right decision to publish their apps through the PlayStore so we will see many updates and improvements coming.

BB10 is not perfect and complete either and lacks some serious features and even the simplest things like sorting in the Videos app are not present. At least, since we now have a choice of apps we can replace any app that we don't like and improve our personal experience with the software to our liking instead of relying to leaked beta firmware which you have to flash and sometimes also wipe your whole device just to eliminate certain bugs.
    11-01-15 06:21 AM
    Reviewers hate BlackBerry as it is. If BlackBerry releases Priv without it being finished, it really is the end of BlackBerry as a device manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    11-01-15 06:22 AM
    Reviewers hate BlackBerry as it is. If BlackBerry releases Priv without it being finished, it really is the end of BlackBerry as a device manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. The rules are different for BlackBerry, and they have to know that.
    11-01-15 06:25 AM
    BlackBerry should have just launched next year on all carriers when the software was done.

Please let this not be true.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    11-01-15 06:27 AM
    No one should be surprised by this.
    Yeah feels like I bought Z10 with 10.0.09 OS same situation..early OS
    anon(9208252) and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 06:29 AM
    Yeah feels like I bought Z10 with 10.0.09 OS same situation..early OS
    Yup. Anyone expecting this to be a smooth transition is going to most likely be disappointed. There are Android vendors that have been doing this for years that still have tons of bugs in their software. Anyone expecting this phone to be without a multitude of bugs is living in fantasy land.
    11-01-15 06:31 AM
    All big manufacturers like Samsung, HTC or Motorola have been releasing unfinished software and hardware for years and still do. It's BlackBerrys first Android device so it wont be perfect out of the box either. But BlackBerry made the right decision to publish their apps through the PlayStore so we will see many updates and improvements coming.

BB10 is not perfect and complete either and lacks some serious features and even the simplest things like sorting in the Videos app are not present. At least, since we now have a choice of apps we can replace any app that we don't like and improve our personal experience with the software to our liking instead of relying to leaked beta firmware which you have to flash and sometimes also wipe your whole device just to eliminate certain bugs.
    Tell me about it. I still can't fathom why Remember does not have something as basic as "purge completed tasks".

If ANYONE thinks BB10 is perfect, they are delusional.
    philiopoilopoli and Mecca EL like this.
    11-01-15 06:40 AM
    For goodness sake stop being so negative. The phone looks remarkable and can do many things that my current excellent BlackBerry can't.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 07:00 AM
    Let's see. Do you think it would be any different with BlackBerry? Playbook and BB10 were both released without full functionality. BlackBerry has been releasing unfinished products for a long time now. Why should the Priv be any different?
    11-01-15 07:02 AM
    Let's see. Do you think it would be any different with BlackBerry? Playbook and BB10 were both released without full functionality. BlackBerry has been releasing unfinished products for a long time now. Why should the Priv be any different?
    It won't be. I expect it to be functional like both of those OS's were out of the box but it will be riddled with bugs and complaints from people who expected this device to be perfect upon launch.
    Gajja likes this.
    11-01-15 07:08 AM
    Not too worried on my end. .Ive been always on the safe side, purchasing a phone 3-4 months after its release. Usually hardware/software glitches have been sorted out by that time.

*C5303
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 11-01-15 at 07:45 AM.
    11-01-15 07:15 AM
174 123 ...