A month later, a big round of updates this week and still no fix. Anybody come up with anything in the meantime? I scare myself half to death every time I do a screenshot.
    Jonneh and meltbox360 like this.
    12-15-15 01:30 PM
    Still does the sound for me. Annoying, more than anything...
    12-15-15 01:51 PM
    Bump
    12-18-15 08:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If I remember, I'll test this evening.
    Hence, why when the Priv did it, I was so taken aback...
    I can confirm. Both the note and iPhone has no sound on silent profile
    12-18-15 09:09 PM
    Bump
    We're still waiting on a fix right along with you, JP...
    12-18-15 09:11 PM
    We have 5 Android phones, 3 Android tablets, and 3 webOS devices. All but my Priv can take a silent screen shot. So it must be BlackBerry.
    12-19-15 12:09 AM
    https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/
    silences the screen capture sounds
    Uzi, Myedvyed and plenTpak like this.
    12-21-15 05:05 AM
    Awesome works like a charm!
    12-21-15 07:23 AM
    It's silent in BlackBerry 10

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to 'force' the camera sound for privacy?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 07:39 AM
    It's silent in BlackBerry 10

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to 'force' the camera sound for privacy?

Posted via CB10
    I mean...I think privacy as regards the PRIV is in reference to data and the encryption thereof. Not so much the covert taking of screenshots.

That notwithstanding, it is pretty ridiculous it isn't silent when the device is on silent.
    12-21-15 07:49 AM
    I mean...I think privacy as regards the PRIV is in reference to data and the encryption thereof. Not so much the covert taking of screenshots.

That notwithstanding, it is pretty ridiculous it isn't silent when the device is on silent.
    Nicely put.

But... surely a subtle (er) beep/click would have been SIGNIFICANTLY better than... than... this loud freaking tone.
    12-21-15 11:04 AM
    This must be the dumbest sh*t ever!!!! To have a sound with the volume of a bazooka when taking them screenshots (even in the silent mode!!!!).
    I need to take a lot of screen shots on a daily base, but have to make notes at the office about it, so I can do that at home.
    Initially I took screenshots at work, but some old geezer at work keeps yelling: "Someooooooone is playing Aaaaaaaangry Biiiiiiirds agaaaaaain". It sucks.
    pat-wallace likes this.
    01-02-16 03:00 PM
    Thanks, this is the only solution that consistently works so far! Note to other users: does not automatically reactivate after reboot, so you'll need to run it and alter the setting again.
    01-02-16 03:25 PM
    Did you make this?
    01-03-16 11:56 AM
    That https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/ has worked great for me for the past couple of weeks. DTEK also reported that it has NOT accessed any functionality at all.
    01-04-16 11:07 AM
    Even though I think BB should deal with this "issue" soon,
    I like to test this enforcedstreamsilencer. in the meantime.

But I'm a TOTAL Android n00bie.
    Can somebody provide a manual on how to get this show on the road?
    01-04-16 11:24 AM
    The current noise is so incredibly annoying. It would be embarrassing to take a screens hot anywhere in public for any reason. Even more embarrassing to say my BlackBerry can't silence it. If you told someone that they'd roll their eyes and think something like "figures, it's a BlackBerry"

These are the kinds of things they cannot afford to do if they are going after consumers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-04-16 11:55 AM
    The plot thickens...

I took a screen shot of device settings and there was no noise. I took a screenshot of a web page and there was the annoying noise. I didn't touch any settings in between. Does it matter what the screen shot is of? Is it random?

I have media vol off, alarm vol off, and ring/notifications on vibrate.
    01-04-16 01:14 PM
    For some reason it's very quite when I have headphone plugged in but beyond loud otherwise. I wonder if it's a feature to prevent other apps from taking a screen grab without you knowing.

Either way this is one of those things I'm willing to risk to at least have an enable disable switch for the noise.

01-04-16 04:49 PM
    My work around is to plug in headphones.

PRIVateering since 2015.
    01-05-16 01:16 PM
    Or have it connected to a Bluetooth source. Even a watch with no speaker in it (my Moto 360) stops the sound. Tone+ Bluetooth headphones route sound away too.

Blackberry better have fixed it for the Marshmallow update

01-05-16 02:13 PM
    Even a watch with no speaker in it (my Moto 360) stops the sound.
    Interesting, I always have a Moto 360 connected (and it's actually receiving notifications etc.) but it does not stop the sound in my case. But it's likely that a BT headset will, indeed.
    01-05-16 03:41 PM
    Interesting, I always have a Moto 360 connected (and it's actually receiving notifications etc.) but it does not stop the sound in my case. But it's likely that a BT headset will, indeed.
    You're right! I just tested it now with only the 360 connected, and the screenshot sound occurred. What the heck? I feel like sometimes the OS properly handles the screenshot with no sound (if the phone is on silent), and the majority of the time it still produces the sound no matter what.

Can't wait for BlackBerry to fix this nonsense. All other Android phones handle this just fine.
    01-05-16 09:59 PM
    I feel like sometimes the OS properly handles the screenshot with no sound (if the phone is on silent), and the majority of the time it still produces the sound no matter what.
    It's definitely weird, and inconsistent. At first I thought muting the 'Alarm' volume fixed it, as that's what I tried a few times and seemed to prevent the sound from occurring. But the Alarm volume is the only one I never want to have muted (for obvious reasons :P) and it seemed weird to me that screenshots would follow the Alarm volume. Later I found it was completely unrelated to that setting and it just glitched somehow.

Frustrating and indeed I hope they fix it to follow notification volume as with other Android phones!
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-06-16 08:44 AM
    I have seen enforcedstreamsilencer mentioned in another thread. No idea who made it or where they are from. I saw the link to the source code but I've been too busy.
    I don't mind rooting/patching/modding/etc if I have an idea about the source. I won't load a complete mystery.
    JECE likes this.
    01-11-16 03:42 PM
54 123