Forgive me if I'm wrong, but their security model appears to be:

Remove any system where user data is saved on a server, presumably that means no Google play services.

Encrypt the device.

I don't see any new security stuff here, if you don't want your data stored on a server somewhere just remove google play and any apps with accounts and encrypt your device? Most SOCs these days have a hardware encryption element built in and public key cryptography has been around for years.

What is impressive about this thing? Sure the case is unique, but from the pictures the interface looks awful.

Not for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 03:43 AM
    Then go for it & do it.

So many people here love to bash the Android insecurity yet conveniently ignore all the work by the cottage industry that's popped up to actually address android security. Example: Cyanogenmod, the XDA community. Of course the bashers are the same people who go through the cumbersome hassle of sideloads, installing & seems to me forever updating Cobalt's G-Play service + G-Patcher. Point is... they'll only exercise clever solutions if it involves their beloved OS and deny the existence of a treasure trove of solutions generated by a community of talented devs cause the devs are not working on BB10.

I'd rather have an OS that's constantly evolving, improving, & addressing problems, whether by the giant corporate device maker or the user community. As opposed to a reactionary community who sees any change to be a threat that must be denied, ignored, or bashed with heavily biased & purposely ignorant rants so that they can keep fooling themselves thinking they have the most secure & perfect OS in the world.
    Attendance is not compulsory. You may sit this one out if you having a bad day.

Androidians defending android on a BB forum. And people still ask whats wrong with this world. LOL
    10-05-15 05:05 AM
    I do enjoy how any non-BlackBerry device touting 'security' is automatically derided on this forum!

Same thing happened with the Blackphone (which, from what I've read from other sources, seems a decent product worthy of its place).

Has the Turing been released yet? Properly reviewed? Anyone here have one? In which case, best reserve judgement, huh?
    10-05-15 05:58 AM
    Attachment 374456
    This looks awfully cheap and shoddy for a $1000 device. Is that a prototype of any sort ?
    1. the phone is still not out yet, so yes. that phone is very much likely a prototype
    2. the phone on the pics is only $600, the $1000 one is a different model
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-05-15 11:22 AM
    Not to mention that native Map App is not getting updated when new risks go up or reconfigured. Android apps that were available on Snap or Amazon quit working cause it needs G-play, or that Snap itself has been abandoned by its developer. Should I go on bout native Airline apps that have been abandoned & have stopped working?

No sense of advancement or improvement. It reflects the users left on BB10. Reactionary communities are not fun places to be stuck in.
    Well said! Snap has never had that overhaul that was promised for so long.

Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-21-15 06:04 PM
30 12