Only 600$ us for the Turing...will not be easy for the PRIV

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:18 AM
    "Unbreakable and unhackable" - thanks for the laugh. And - where is the physical keyboard?

Via Pasta CB10
    10-03-15 10:23 AM
    I hope you're not talking about this one:

Touring the Turing, a wonderfully weird encrypted smartphone
    Everything About the Liquid Metal, Encrypted 'Turing Phone' | Digital Trends

Something just wreaks vapourware about this. Hardware is just run of the mill LG G3, which has the same chip as the Passport. With all slots and ports replaced with proprietary ones "in the name of security". That "liquid metal" BS. Maybe a slight interesting point is the hardware encryption chip, but there's no documentation on how this is being used, nor information about the chip itself. The most laughable thing is that "TuringCoin" thing... it will make the phone appreciate in price, really??
    10-03-15 11:11 AM
    Yea it's not BB10 therefore it must suck
    10-03-15 11:27 AM
    Is this a new company? It seems like there are so many new smartphone manufacturers trying to hit the market these past few years.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 11:54 AM
    It seems like everyone has an unfinished of BB10 containerization of personal and work stuff. With BlackBerry coming to Android these worse implementations die

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 12:15 PM
    It seems like everyone has an unfinished of BB10 containerization of personal and work stuff. With BlackBerry coming to Android these worse implementations die

Posted via CB10
    It could also suggest too though that there really isn't a market for it on Android.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-03-15 12:46 PM
    It could also suggest too though that there really isn't a market for it on Android.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    My thought is that there isn't a consumer market for it. There probably is a corporate/high end paranoid client market

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:25 PM
    Touchscreen only?

Great phone for Angry Birds, if that's what you're into.
    10-03-15 03:28 PM
    "Unhackable"

TURING, unbreakable and unhackble Android phone-qs6ev2pm8g9ds.gif
    10-03-15 05:32 PM
    That eyesore needs to be hacked and broken...with a machete.
    10-03-15 05:45 PM
    That eyesore needs to be hacked and broken...with a machete.

Then go for it & do it.

So many people here love to bash the Android insecurity yet conveniently ignore all the work by the cottage industry that's popped up to actually address android security. Example: Cyanogenmod, the XDA community. Of course the bashers are the same people who go through the cumbersome hassle of sideloads, installing & seems to me forever updating Cobalt's G-Play service + G-Patcher. Point is... they'll only exercise clever solutions if it involves their beloved OS and deny the existence of a treasure trove of solutions generated by a community of talented devs cause the devs are not working on BB10.

I'd rather have an OS that's constantly evolving, improving, & addressing problems, whether by the giant corporate device maker or the user community. As opposed to a reactionary community who sees any change to be a threat that must be denied, ignored, or bashed with heavily biased & purposely ignorant rants so that they can keep fooling themselves thinking they have the most secure & perfect OS in the world.
    dusanvn, anon(679606) and SMocek like this.
    10-03-15 10:02 PM
    Then go for it & do it.

So many people here love to bash the Android insecurity yet conveniently ignore all the work by the cottage industry that's popped up to actually address android security. Example: Cyanogenmod, the XDA community. Of course the bashers are the same people who go through the cumbersome hassle of sideloads, installing & seems to me forever updating Cobalt's G-Play service + G-Patcher. Point is... they'll only exercise clever solutions if it involves their beloved OS and deny the existence of a treasure trove of solutions generated by a community of talented devs cause the devs are not working on BB10.

I'd rather have an OS that's constantly evolving, improving, & addressing problems, whether by the giant corporate device maker or the user community. As opposed to a reactionary community who sees any change to be a threat that must be denied, ignored, or bashed with heavily biased & purposely ignorant rants so that they can keep fooling themselves thinking they have the most secure & perfect OS in the world.
    Did I even mention software or Android insecurity or any of the asinine bulls**t you're bringing up? No, absolutely not. There was a link for the phone, I clicked on it and with my eyes saw one the most ugliest pieces of tech I have seen in a long time.

I'm an enterprise customer. I really couldn't give a rat's a** what you or other consumers do. BES works for what I need it to do and I am happy with that. I didn't choose Blackberry so I could choose from thousands of useless casual games and other foolish apps, my fleet of phones conducts business. We don't use it for Flappy Bird or other kinds of nonsensical bull.

But I didn't even bring that up. I said that the phone is ugly. In fact, it's worse...it's fugly. And if it was in front of me, I would probably run it over a few times just to put it out of its misery.

If you are going to throw a hissyfit at me, at least get your s**t straight. I was commenting on the look of the phone, dillweed, not the software it contains.
    dusanvn likes this.
    10-03-15 10:25 PM
    Have you ever heard of unhackable Windows?
    10-04-15 05:21 AM
    Then go for it & do it.

you're sounding like you got your feelings hurt at some point. Maybe reactionary communities aren't for you.
    anon9347040 and chopachain like this.
    10-04-15 01:17 PM
    It's not "unhackable" in a sense that the device cannot be hacked at all. It's unhackable in that, they believe no massive hack will be possible that compromises the data of all of their users. Each device would have to be hacked individually, rather than some back door exploit allowing access to multiple devices... and that level of effort would/could deter hackers from targeting the Turing phones in the first place.

It's an interesting sounding concept, and if it all pans out and is verified as stated, might offer a competitive, or even better level of security than the BlackBerry Priv. Hopefully version 2 isn't so god awful ugly.
    10-04-15 01:18 PM
    you're sounding like you got your feelings hurt at some point. Maybe reactionary communities aren't for you.
    His poor third-party flashlight app stopped working... and that's when he decided enough is enough with BlackBerry 10. Lmao...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    extisis likes this.
    10-04-15 01:23 PM
    Flashlight? What... wait... huh?
    10-04-15 02:55 PM
    His poor third-party flashlight app stopped working... and that's when he decided enough is enough with BlackBerry 10. Lmao...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Not to mention that native Map App is not getting updated when new risks go up or reconfigured. Android apps that were available on Snap or Amazon quit working cause it needs G-play, or that Snap itself has been abandoned by its developer. Should I go on bout native Airline apps that have been abandoned & have stopped working?

No sense of advancement or improvement. It reflects the users left on BB10. Reactionary communities are not fun places to be stuck in.
    10-04-15 08:38 PM
    I actually have a pre order for the Turing phone. The version I ordered is the Dark Wyren which is special edition priced at $999. They are introducing one more special edition version priced at $1299 that'll have blue and gold accents.
    10-04-15 09:40 PM
    Not to mention that native Map App is not getting updated when new risks go up or reconfigured. Android apps that were available on Snap or Amazon quit working cause it needs G-play, or that Snap itself has been abandoned by its developer. Should I go on bout native Airline apps that have been abandoned & have stopped working?

No sense of advancement or improvement. It reflects the users left on BB10. Reactionary communities are not fun places to be stuck in.
    have no issues with the map app. and as far as android runtime goes- just get yourself an android or the priv. problem solved. and it's decided- reactionary communities are not for you.
    10-04-15 10:45 PM
    I actually have a pre order for the Turing phone. The version I ordered is the Dark Wyren which is special edition priced at $999. They are introducing one more special edition version priced at $1299 that'll have blue and gold accents.
    that phone is so sexy... if only i had spare $1000+tax+$100 shipping...
    10-04-15 10:49 PM
    Another example of a thread that does not belong on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 10:56 PM
    My guess is that it's a scam. Why did they change the name from Alpha phone? The CEO even started using a different version of his name.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-05-15 01:55 AM
    TURING, unbreakable and unhackble Android phone-capture.png
    This looks awfully cheap and shoddy for a $1000 device. Is that a prototype of any sort ?
    10-05-15 03:05 AM
30 12