Ok, so I made the jump from my beloved BB OS to the Priv and let's just say so far it's been a love/hate relationship. I've always hated most things Android's OS (except their apps), but then I lost my Passport on NYE, and I figured the switch was probably inevitable... sooooo.... here I am asking Android questions.

Three things I just can't figure out without a little help:

1) Where did my facebook info go in my Contacts app? None of my contacts include any of their facebook info or pictures, but yet when I go into Settings/Add Account and choose Facebook, it says "only one Facebook account is supported" (as though it's already connected to my fb account). It's not an outdated app issue, I've checked all that. Stumped...

2) Does anyone else have any trouble receiving pictures (i.e., MMS) in the Messenger (Android, not Facebook) app? A couple of days ago, a friend sent me several pictures via text/MMS and they came through just fine. This morning that same friend tried to text two more pics to me and neither would download. All day since then, I keep getting a "message not found" message from an "unknown sender" with the same time stamp as when she tried to send the pics this morning. I keep deleting this message, but it keeps reappearing. So I guess this is a two-part question, why wouldn't photos download and can I permanently delete a system-sent message that keeps reappearing?

3) Probably my biggest gripe about this phone is that my in-app menu/back button randomly stops working periodically... sometimes several times a day. The only way to get it to start working again is to reboot the phone. (Again, grrrrr Android.) Anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    D
    01-06-16 03:52 PM
    I had an mms issue but a reboot worked. Since you tried reboot for your back button I'm guessing it didn't work for you though.
    01-06-16 04:11 PM
    As far as the syncing with FB goes, I use the app called Sync Me and it works great!
    01-06-16 04:16 PM
    Ok, so I made the jump from my beloved BB OS to the Priv and let's just say so far it's been a love/hate relationship. I've always hated most things Android's OS (except their apps), but then I lost my Passport on NYE, and I figured the switch was probably inevitable... sooooo.... here I am asking Android questions.

Three things I just can't figure out without a little help:

1) Where did my facebook info go in my Contacts app? None of my contacts include any of their facebook info or pictures, but yet when I go into Settings/Add Account and choose Facebook, it says "only one Facebook account is supported" (as though it's already connected to my fb account). It's not an outdated app issue, I've checked all that. Stumped...

2) Does anyone else have any trouble receiving pictures (i.e., MMS) in the Messenger (Android, not Facebook) app? A couple of days ago, a friend sent me several pictures via text/MMS and they came through just fine. This morning that same friend tried to text two more pics to me and neither would download. All day since then, I keep getting a "message not found" message from an "unknown sender" with the same time stamp as when she tried to send the pics this morning. I keep deleting this message, but it keeps reappearing. So I guess this is a two-part question, why wouldn't photos download and can I permanently delete a system-sent message that keeps reappearing?

3) Probably my biggest gripe about this phone is that my in-app menu/back button randomly stops working periodically... sometimes several times a day. The only way to get it to start working again is to reboot the phone. (Again, grrrrr Android.) Anyone know what might be causing this?

D
    You have the latest software?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-06-16 04:18 PM
    As far as the syncing with FB goes, I use the app called Sync Me and it works great!
    This ! The Facebook is not getting synchronized in the contacts by its own like on BlackBerry 10.
    01-06-16 05:01 PM
    Go in your accounts through setting and make sure your gravitas is sync when I first started my contacts app it asked if I wanted to turn on gravitas and I said yes and my Facebook pics showed up in my contacts,hope this helps.

01-06-16 06:22 PM
    It's a steep learning curve for many coming from BBOS and BB10. Take your time; you'll get there.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-06-16 06:34 PM
    Yes, thanks!
    01-07-16 09:11 AM
    No, but thinking it might have been a wifi issue now, as I was at work when it happened and we were having network problems at the time... will see if it happens again. Thanks!
    01-07-16 09:13 AM
    OMG, yes! Thank you for the tip... what a great app!!!
    01-07-16 09:14 AM
    Did that... thanks. Sync.me app solved this problem.
    01-07-16 09:16 AM
    Yes, especially gesturing... I mean, I'm a fairly quick learner, but sooooo many differences!
    01-07-16 09:18 AM
    I replaced the stock Messenger with Textra, which is faster, doesn't open multiple instances, customizable, can swipe right to go back to hub, PKB "enter" key works to send texts instead of starting new line, and it receives all messages properly. I hated opening a few texts from the hub and checking the apps page to see a bunch of Messenger instances open - Textra opens as an overlay that can be swiped away like in BB10 and wont end up with 10 different instances of the same app running like stock Messenger.

I cannot wait until BB integrate an SMS client into the Hub, it will be so much faster and easier to handle texts.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-07-16 09:19 AM

D
    THIS! If anyone knows how to fix this, please let us know. It's beyond frustrating!

01-07-16 10:46 AM

D
    Having to reboot a BlackBerry has been a BlackBerry thing for as long as I can remember.
    01-07-16 10:58 AM
    Go in your accounts through setting and make sure your gravitas is sync when I first started my contacts app it asked if I wanted to turn on gravitas and I said yes and my Facebook pics showed up in my contacts,hope this helps.

Does this work with Linked in?
    01-07-16 12:03 PM
    I replaced the stock Messenger with Textra, which is faster, doesn't open multiple instances, customizable, can swipe right to go back to hub, PKB "enter" key works to send texts instead of starting new line, and it receives all messages properly. I hated opening a few texts from the hub and checking the apps page to see a bunch of Messenger instances open - Textra opens as an overlay that can be swiped away like in BB10 and wont end up with 10 different instances of the same app running like stock Messenger.

I cannot wait until BB integrate an SMS client into the Hub, it will be so much faster and easier to handle texts.
    I tried using Textra but it seems to have couple of annoying issues:
    1. When you receive a text from someone not in your contact, you can't save the # as a new contact. All other text-messaging allow you to save a new contact.
    2. When you are talking to someone via SMS and want to send an attachment (photo, making it a mms, I guess), it doesn't show you that option. You've to compose a new MMS to send a message with photo. All other messenger allow you to send photo as part of same thread/conversation.
    01-07-16 04:08 PM