It is honestly better than the BlackBerry keyboard. The word substitution is second to none. I highly recommend it for anyone who is typing more on the vkb than the pkb. Has swype built into it if you want to use that as well. Having this keyboard is really making the Priv a better typing experience for me. Just thought I'd share.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Villard Defender likes this.
    11-07-15 09:42 PM
    Duplicate thread... there's another one with the same suggestion

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:53 PM
    While I admit the SwiftKey keyboard is the best of the android keyboards available to date -- the BlackBerry version beats now it. I've only had a preview of it but after using the SwiftKey keyboard for the better part of the year using the BlackBerry one for less than a day -- it already won me over.

The only upside to using Swift is the swype feature at this point -- other than that BlackBerry blows it out of the water IMO.
    MitchFlynn24_7 and medic22003 like this.
    11-07-15 09:56 PM
    While I admit the SwiftKey keyboard is the best of the android keyboards available to date -- the BlackBerry version beats now it. I've only had a preview of it but after using the SwiftKey keyboard for the better part of the year using the BlackBerry one for less than a day -- it already won me over.

The only upside to using Swift is the swype feature at this point -- other than that BlackBerry blows it out of the water IMO.
    I'd disagree. The BB keyboard still needs a lot of work. Swiftly has been doing this for a while and has perfected it.
    11-07-15 11:03 PM
    I'd disagree. The BB keyboard still needs a lot of work. Swiftly has been doing this for a while and has perfected it.
    Software keyboards tend to be like football teams, people passionately support some while vocally opposing others.

I am using the new blackberry software keyboard atm and it's quite nice, but I personally prefer the stock keyboard that comes with my Sony phone but as they say, a change is as good as a holiday or something like that...
    11-07-15 11:26 PM
    Ar.....when the first BB10 device came to the market there were rumours that the prediction engine in BB10's software keyboard was actually licensed from Swiftkey.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:28 PM
    Swiftkey is annoying

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    11-07-15 11:28 PM
    Ar.....when the first BB10 device came to the market there were rumours that the prediction engine in BB10's software keyboard was actually licensed from Swiftkey.

Posted via CB10
    I believe your correct, it was mentioned on xda as well.

So it's really down to the UI and features rather than predictions.
    11-07-15 11:29 PM
    Swiftkey is annoying

Have you tried flesky or minuum ?

They are also quite good
    11-07-15 11:30 PM

I agree with you 100%. I made that determination pretty fast when I switched from android to BlackBerry will use my BlackBerry keyboard for as long as I can. It only gets better the more you use it. Far fewer mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:36 PM
    The BlackBerry android keyboard doesn't predict my second language Spanish. I can install it but I have to manually select it if I want to write in Spanish. Also when I select Spanish it presents the � in the layout, which on BB10 it didn't.

If you guys know of any setting please let me know. I have it installed on a Note 5

11-07-15 11:44 PM
    I prefer the BlackBerry Virtual Keyboard

11-07-15 11:54 PM
    It is honestly better than the BlackBerry keyboard. The word substitution is second to none. I highly recommend it for anyone who is typing more on the vkb than the pkb. Has swype built into it if you want to use that as well. Having this keyboard is really making the Priv a better typing experience for me. Just thought I'd share.

It was the worst for me for typing accuracy so BlackBerry keyboard butter.

11-08-15 03:43 AM
    I've had the BlackBerry keyboard on my Note 4 for about a day. I'm going to give it a few days to get used to it, but so far it's a solid keyboard. Swype is normally my main keyboard and will probably go back to it because I type way faster on it. Swype is also much better for one handed use, IMO.
    11-08-15 04:17 AM