I upgraded to the Marshmallow Software and now I have google pop up ads for games and downloads. I uninstalled all apps I had but it didnt go away.

Takes me to inmobi.com website before was tracker website when I click on the banner.

AVG didnt detect it but 360 Security did, it is in the System and User Protection Settings, using the Android Quadcom Location APP. I can force stop but it starts again. It wont remove it just says i have to remove it from the rom or update/re install a rom.

Anyone know what I can do besides a full hardware reset?
    templar1164 likes this.
    05-04-16 10:56 PM
    Run an autoloader? Hopefully you have a version that's available.

Also, you might be able to go into settings and apps and remove some permissions from there. Might be able to make it stop running.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    05-04-16 11:11 PM
    I upgraded to the Marshmallow Software and now I have google pop up ads for games and downloads. I uninstalled all apps I had but it didnt go away.

Takes me to inmobi.com website before was tracker website when I click on the banner.

AVG didnt detect it but 360 Security did, it is in the System and User Protection Settings, using the Android Quadcom Location APP. I can force stop but it starts again. It wont remove it just says i have to remove it from the rom or update/re install a rom.

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post right, but it sounds like 360 Security has told you which app contains the issue?

If that is so, try this:

Goto Settings -> Apps -> Scroll right to the 'All' page.
    Find the app you mentioned in the list and tap it to open the 'App info' page.
    Tap 'Force Stop' followed by 'Clear Data' and 'Clear Cache' if they are available.

After the above, reboot your Priv and see if it makes a difference. It's a slim chance, but worth a try.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-05-16 02:56 PM
    Wipe your phone and reinstall OS. Not sure how you got Trojan. Very rare if ever on Priv. That's the first I have heard of on a Priv.
    What carrier are you with?

Posted from Priv
    05-05-16 03:40 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm reading your post right, but it sounds like 360 Security has told you which app contains the issue?

If that is so, try this:

Goto Settings -> Apps -> Scroll right to the 'All' page.
    Find the app you mentioned in the list and tap it to open the 'App info' page.
    Tap 'Force Stop' followed by 'Clear Data' and 'Clear Cache' if they are available.

After the above, reboot your Priv and see if it makes a difference. It's a slim chance, but worth a try.
    I tried it, tells me its in the System and User Protection "app" but it wont let me do much more than force stop. Wont let me disable. I erased all data and installed apps again and it came back. How do I installed a new ROM or do something with it to fix it. It is the inmobi site it takes me too.
    05-05-16 06:57 PM
    Go to your settings and do a factory reset. All your data will be deleted and it will be in the out of the box state.

Next, only install apps from trusted sources like Google Play keep track of what you are installing when and you might find an app which has the nasty adware.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-05-16 07:16 PM
    You should contact BlackBerry support.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22, moody, BigAl_BB9900 and 1 others like this.
    05-05-16 07:16 PM

What apk app did you download? Highly unlikely you got a Trogan virus from the Marshmallow update.

Rock'n the Marshmallow boosted Priv!
    05-05-16 07:34 PM
    Maybe you get tricked by the ads to download those adware.

I used to have the same experience too. But those was a few years ago when I started using Android.
    05-05-16 08:02 PM
    I did the reset I can try it again it erased everything and it slowly came back again. It is on the Rogers network.

I will try remove the apps again. I know one of the sites even extracted my IMEI number in one of the link.
    05-05-16 08:29 PM
    Where did your upgrade come from?
    Did you ever install any software from a source not approved by Blackberry?
    Is your phone activated on an approved Blackberry data plan by an approved service provider?
    Is this an unlocked Blackberry phone, that is not dedicated to be activated with an approved provider for Blackberry?

The PRIV is a high end secure phone designed for business use and where security is a serious issue.

I work in a business environment where Blackberry phones are heavily used. I have never seen a legitimate Blackberry phone with a Trojan issue. This would be a new one for me...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-05-16 08:45 PM
    Is your phone activated on an approved Blackberry data plan by an approved service provider?
    Is this an unlocked Blackberry phone, that is not dedicated to be activated with an approved provider for Blackberry?

The PRIV is a high end secure phone designed for business use and where security is a serious issue.

I work in a business environment where Blackberry phones are heavily used. I have never seen a legitimate Blackberry phone with a Trojan issue. This would be a new one for me...
    Exactly, I'm in the security software business so this seems odd.

Posted from Priv
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-05-16 09:08 PM

Rogers network
    (But I do use Wifi at the Airport where I work) -- Could be that?
    Locked Device
    Only Google Play Store Apps are installed.
    Nothing other than major social media, sports, tsn, and Weather/CNN apps installed. Also banking App.
    05-05-16 09:16 PM
    Which one?
    05-05-16 09:26 PM
    Trojan? It's a well know ad delivering system that's integrated into lots of iOS and Android apps. Chances are it's coming from SOMETHING you have installed, whether it be intentional or just bad code / test code left in an app. - https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=...id+integration Even Twitter has API support for it, for developers to use it - https://dev.twitter.com/mopub/ios/native-networks
    jafobabe and jaydee5799 like this.
    05-05-16 10:43 PM
    Are these "ad" popups showing up in your notification area? I was getting this on my Android Tablet and could not find an offending app. An app designed to stop this was defeated during process, so went here and solved. Maybe check it out...

Opt-out | Airpush | Mobile Ads Redefined
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-06-16 10:08 AM
    OP, getting back to your original issue: did you try the "Opt Out" link i posted? The company/service "Air Push" pushes ads to Android devices w/o using an app as a carrier. As mentioned, there is an app designed to kill it, but was continually defeated in process. If you go to their site (link) you can opt out of their service entirely, which worked for me.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-06-16 11:19 AM
    if ads are appearing in your browser, try clearing your cookies. thats what happened to my passport and it worked
    05-06-16 11:40 AM
    Closed for cleaning

[WARN]I suggest ya'll focus on helping the OP with their issue. If you'd like to pontificate regarding security/rooting/android/navel flint, I recommend you start another thread. [/WARN]

Sorry about your problem Kav! I hope we find a resolution, and the cause.
    Sigewif and Uzi like this.
    05-06-16 09:33 PM