While my Priv was getting repaired I purchased a Galaxy s7 edge as a rental (14 day return) and to try it out. I have to say I'm impressed with the phone and am thinking very strongly of keeping it. Main things I noticed -
    - I don't really miss the physical keyboard, the onscreen keyboard is good and I even downloaded the BB keyboard to use
    - everyone always goes on and on about the camera but it's true, the Galaxy camera on this phone is phenomenal, you won't believe the difference in shutter speed and pic quality (use for my kids) and makes the Priv's feel so so slow
    - battery life is much better. Even running the Hub on the galaxy (which works great), I have pretty much run the phone with all features on, haven't really optimized it for battery saving and it runs for a lot longer than the Priv
    - rumours of Samsung bloatware and TouchWiz bogging the phone down are false. The stock Samsung touches have come a long way and the phone is snappier than the Priv, but to be fair it's a newer flagship phone with the latest hardware
    - edge screen is beautiful, although I found the Priv to be really sharp as well
    - I know many crap all over it as being a vulnerability, but the fingerprint sensor is such a convience that it takes 10 seconds of use to wonder how you ever got on without it. Combined with a program like lastpass that allows you to use fingerprint authorization for apps and other things and it's an absolute timesaver. In my opinion a huge omission for blackberry
    - premium quality build on this phone. Has a memory card slot, glass back, feels like a high end phone, not cheap or too plastic like at all

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that moving from Android based Priv to another Android based phone wouldn't be that hard. I still miss BB10 and thought it was the best OS, but that ship has sailed. With the Hub being available on other phones, and the lack of feeling the need for a physical keyboard, I really don't know what's going to keep BB in the hardware business anymore if they don't offer a true competitive flagship phone. This is the first time in probably 15 years I haven't owned a blackberry and don't see myself going back unless they figure out how to improve the Priv or build something better. I hope they do.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    mzceetee likes this.
    06-21-16 12:06 AM
    You forgot 2 of the single most important aspects of owning a BlackBerry device.

1. Durability: I noticed that you mentioned a glass back; be susceptible to buying a new one. (I've never used a case on any BlackBerry phones and never ruined the screen)

2. Unparalleled hardware: Your not buying a snappy phone with the best battery life; we buy it because it works (all the time) for years to come.

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the T-Mobile network
    06-21-16 12:13 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=260887 and you always welcome to android central
    06-21-16 12:14 AM