Stopped by a telus store today to check out a priv. They had a demo but the lady said they had none for sale as they were on back order!! I wanted to try it out but when ever the key board was out the screen turned off. Not sure what was wrong and she couldn't figure it out either. So I stopped at another telus phone store and they had a demo but it wouldn't unlock, screen message showed to swipe up but it was unresponsive. Again the sales person couldn't figure out how to get it to work, said it worked in the morning. Both were plugged into chargers.
    11-09-15 07:33 PM
    Of its only locked, it just needs the password right?

BB10 is Dead
    11-09-15 07:59 PM
    Are they clamped on from the sides?

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    11-09-15 08:09 PM
    Yeah the one place it was clamped so bad it would barley side to the point of damaging the thing!. No body is going to buy a priv from those stores unless they figure out the issues with their demos!
    11-09-15 10:23 PM
    Yeah the one place it was clamped so bad it would barley side to the point of damaging the thing!. No body is going to buy a priv from those stores unless they figure out the issues with their demos!
    i had the same issue last Friday when i played with the phone at a Telus store too. at first it wouldn't swipe up but it quickly worked after, i kinda had to press and swipe once then it worked fine. also the phone was clamped down it was not easy to slide it open. the rep said he couldn't free it. however i was able to try it and play with it.

i agree, if the phone is tethered that way people will not be able to discover it for what it is. maybe BB should address that issue with the carriers.
    11-09-15 10:31 PM
    Thats why they wernt working op its the same everyware they xspect you to just go and buy it with out you trying it first i mean seriously they dont know how to demo a phone it was the same at my local carphone warehouse :/ stupid if you ask me
    11-09-15 10:36 PM
    When the Priv is open and you try to use the touch screen to scroll or unlock, if anything is touching the physical keyboard, the screen becomes unresponsive. Maybe the mechanism to hold the phone in place is touching the keyboard?

I've noticed this because I have it open a lot. It's not a problem, it's designed that way, but if a demo unit is unresponsive, maybe this is why.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:57 AM