I have researched this to the best of my ability and apologize if I have missed it.
    I am with Bell, they use to use hotmail, now there on there own. I want to transfer my contacts from Bell to Gmail. Nothing works, only a few of the 200 show up ok. Exported and then imported many times with no luck. Gmail Help was no help and there seems to be some sort of Excel template out there. Is that what I have to do? Seems as though Bell contacts are not in the correct format to export to Gmail? I use the Blackberry contact app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-14-16 07:42 AM
    Does Bell have an app or can you access your contacts online from computer? Export in comma-delimited or tab-delimited? That there are those v-card or similar formats. I think Excel will read either of those delimited formats. I have not done it in a while but can't you point Gmail on the desktop to a file for importing?

Hopefully, someone has better info.
    09-14-16 09:09 AM
    Bell has no app. If they would have stayed with hotmail I'm assuming this would have been easier?
    Bell contacts allows u to export only in CVS or vCard. I have done the CVS in excel. I have also tried pointing Gmail to my Bell email and import. Both ways are unsuccessful, I'm assuming Bell has it in a format that Gmail can not sort out?

09-14-16 09:21 AM
    Do you have both email accounts set up in your phone? If so, have you tried the new feature to move contacts from 1 account to another? I couldn't tell if that was what you were talking about in your original post or if you were just trying to do it on a PC?

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my PRIV
    09-14-16 09:50 AM
    I have been trying via PC. Had a look at my phone and the contacts will export to storage with a VCF extention. I'm assuming it will be the same out come but will try and report back.

09-14-16 09:56 AM
    Ok so I used the new option on Blackberry contact app. Exported Bell contacts to storage then imported contacts to Gmail all while under the Blackberry contact app.
    It seemed to have worked when I select Gmail the contacts are there, same time Bell they are still there , select sim and nothing there. Looks good, However when I log into Gmail via PC there are no contacts there. So they are not backed up or not syncing the way I think they should?

09-14-16 10:16 AM
    Not sure we are talking about the same thing here. Open contacts. Hit the 3 line menu on the upper left and go down and tap settings. Then go into general settings and at the bottom you will see "copy contacts". From there you can choose what account you want to copy from and to.

This is for the stock contacts app on my PRIV so if you are using something different, I'm not sure the menu options would be the same?

FF22 likes this.
    09-14-16 10:17 AM
    Scratch that. Sounds like you got it to work. So do you have Gmail set up to sync contacts? Sounds like that is what is missing.

Contacts>settings>Gmail acct>google>toggle contacts sync to on
    09-14-16 10:21 AM
    Thanks for all your help and yes I was thinking the same thing. Where do i go to set the sync?

09-14-16 10:23 AM
    See above, I added to my post after you replied

09-14-16 10:24 AM
    erose75 it worked!!! Thank you! Have all my contact with Gmail and backed up.

FF22 likes this.
    09-14-16 11:15 AM
    Great! Glad I could help.

09-14-16 11:59 AM
    Just for info. In Gmail via the web, if you open Contacts, you can Import from Yahoo, Outlook, AOL, Other and then CSV (comma separated value) or vCard. The last two import from a file on your computer.
    09-14-16 12:11 PM
    I did try the import through Gmail on the PC but Bell was listed as one of them.

In any case I have a new issue. My Gmail contacts have all duplicated what do I do now?? Delete and start over?

09-14-16 08:42 PM
    In your phone or on Gmail on the computer?

09-14-16 09:02 PM
    Looks like only on the phone. Gmail show single contacts.

09-14-16 10:02 PM
    If you have Gmail in the hub try signing out of the Gmail app. If that doesn't work try disabling the Gmail app. Not sure if either of these will work but I have read that having both the gmail app and Gmail in the hub can duplicate things.

09-14-16 10:24 PM
    Weird, my Gmail is no longer in the hub. Gone but I never deleted it. When I go to Gmail app it shows my Bell email added lol.
    When I try to go remove my Bell email under Gmail (thinking this may be causing the double issue?) It sends me to settings account. I don't want to delete Bell email from my phone just under the Gmail.
    Should I also try to remove the bell email from the contacts app?
    This is getting complicated.

09-15-16 06:40 AM
    It is a tangled beast sometimes, this android stuff. If it were me, I'd add them both to the hub and disable the apps. From there you can combine contacts under one email account and then remove any duplicates. You'll get emails still for both accounts but your contacts will be only under one account. When you add new contacts just use that same account and they will continue to sync. I'm assuming here you still want to USE the bell account. Let me know if this isn't making sense.

Again, this is just how I would do it.

09-15-16 09:22 AM
    Weird, my Gmail is no longer in the hub. Gone but I never deleted it. When I go to Gmail app it shows my Bell email added lol.
    When I try to go remove my Bell email under Gmail (thinking this may be causing the double issue?) It sends me to settings account. I don't want to delete Bell email from my phone just under the Gmail.
    Should I also try to remove the bell email from the contacts app?
    This is getting complicated.

Frankly, I don't remember details but quite a while ago, I "changed" Gmail to collect my Compuserve email so it shows up in my Gmail "folder" rather than as a separate account. I did this using the Gmail Web mode on my computer. Again, I did it quite some time ago and don't remember all of the details. So you might want to check using Gmail's Web interface if they are collecting your Bell email??
    09-15-16 09:23 AM
    Thanks for everyone's help. I call the 800 # lol. So I removed my Bell CardDav account in the Blackberry contact app. Duplicates were still showing under Gmail but not through the PC. So I deleted my Gmail account and then re added it. I know have all my contacts syncing under Gmail and no duplicates. Yay!
    I also wanted to remove BBM contacts but can't figure it out. Unchecked the option in the BBM app but didn't work. I guess I will fight that another day.

FF22 likes this.
    09-15-16 09:34 AM