I have over 1300 photos on my iPhone that I'd like to transfer to my Priv's micro SD card. I've tried backing up my iPhone's photos to my Mac's photos, and then dragging and dropping into Android File Transfer. Nothing happens!! Anyone know another way?

Also my Mac running El Capitan doesn't even seem to recognize my Priv when it's connected. Very annoying.
    02-28-16 03:07 PM
    With my wife's Priv we just connected it to the Windows computer and it shows up as a drive. If your Mac is not recognizing it, remove the SD card and insert that into your Mac. Then drag and drop. I believe the photos on the SD card are in a DCIM directory.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 03:13 PM
    I do not have access to a windows computer, plus my iPhone is all synced up with my Mac. Also the mac I have is a macbook pro with retina, I should've pointed out that it is not an iMac, thus no SD card slot.
    02-28-16 03:16 PM
    I do not have access to a windows computer, plus my iPhone is all synced up with my Mac. Also the mac I have is a macbook pro with retina, I should've pointed out that it is not an iMac, thus no SD card slot.
    Does your MacBook Pro have a USB port? If so, place the Micro SD card into a USB card reader and then insert male end of the card reader into the USB port on your MacBook Pro. The MacBook Pro should then be able to smoothly transfer photos to the Micro SD.
    02-28-16 03:22 PM
    don't have one of those handy either unfortunately. Shouldn't have to go through that hassle though don't you think? $800 for a phone and it can't even connect to my computer. Technology can be very frustrating at times. It's one reason why I've typically been an iPhone user as my primary device because it works seamlessly with my mac.
    02-28-16 03:27 PM
    These easiest thing to do is use Google Photos. Go to photos.Google.com on your Mac, and either drag and drop your photos onto the site to upload, or download the uploaded tool for Mac and upload your Photos Library.

Alternatively, from the PRIV, Settings > Storage > (three dots at the upper right) > USB Connection mode > Mount SD Card. When you plug your PRIV into your Mac, it'll show in Finder recognized as a drive. You can drop your Photos into the Photos folder.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ncted and FF22 like this.
    02-28-16 04:25 PM
    won't show in finder!
    02-28-16 04:35 PM
    won't show in finder!
    I suppose of you don't have a memory card, the internal memory wont show. I would use Google Photos then. Or Dropbox. If you don't want to permanently store them in the "cloud", then once they're there, you can download them directly to the phone

02-28-16 05:39 PM
    ya I've paid for a month of 100gb of google drive storage. Transferring via content transfer app. Taking forever unfortunately
    02-28-16 06:03 PM
    Use NFC. Might take some time with that amount of data, but try it. Might be good.

02-28-16 08:10 PM
    Now you know why people can never escape the apple machine.

They literally do not know how, and when they find out, it's not easy.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-28-16 08:25 PM
    Now you know why people can never escape the apple machine.

They literally do not know how, and when they find out, it's not easy.

Apple makes things so much easier lol. I've been a bb10 user and I still prefer bb10 over iOS if I could get proper app support. But this is exactly why I hate android it's way too confusing. I managed to get all my pictures on my priv but the Google photos app is confusing and I have random photos everywhere in random order
    02-28-16 10:04 PM
    Apple makes things so much easier lol. I've been a bb10 user and I still prefer bb10 over iOS if I could get proper app support. But this is exactly why I hate android it's way too confusing. I managed to get all my pictures on my priv but the Google photos app is confusing and I have random photos everywhere in random order
    Pro top. Disable google photos and get any other gallery app from the store. Personally, I like piktures

Gajja likes this.
    02-28-16 10:58 PM
    Your problems will be more about getting out of the Apple system, and less about getting onto other systems. Most manufacturer's products play quite nicely with each other, except Apple, who's products are not as inter-operable with other people's stuff. Try an open online storage site, or maybe just some plug in memory that both devices would work with?
    03-09-16 10:20 AM
    don't have one of those handy either unfortunately. Shouldn't have to go through that hassle though don't you think? $800 for a phone and it can't even connect to my computer. Technology can be very frustrating at times. It's one reason why I've typically been an iPhone user as my primary device because it works seamlessly with my mac.
    Funny you complain about an $800 phone having to use a USB adapter but don't blink an eye when you mention that a $1000+ computer doesn't have an SD card slot.

david7saad and blambtn like this.
    03-09-16 12:54 PM
    Funny you complain about an $800 phone having to use a USB adapter but don't blink an eye when you mention that a $1000+ computer doesn't have an SD card slot.

Never owned a computer that's had an SD card slot. Shouldn't need one.
    03-09-16 01:40 PM
    Never owned a computer that's had an SD card slot. Shouldn't need one.
    I don't have a card slot but I do have a micro-sd-card adapter that fits into the usb port. It is much faster than going through the device mostly.
    03-09-16 03:57 PM
    Through the eyes of an Apple slave, things are different. Choices are too complicated. SD card? WTH is that?
    03-09-16 05:04 PM
    I transferred from my IPhone 6 to Dropbox then to my phone then via the Autosync Dropbox app (dropsync).
    Even Apple employees are dumb and act dumb saying you can't transfer anything from iTunes or Photos but there is always an app for that.
    It's easy if you do it this way but takes about an hour. But very worth it!

Posted from my Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    03-09-16 05:17 PM