Twig Error: Failed to write cache file "sites/crackberry.com/files/twig_cache/e2/e2833c2a04d8ea2ddf3eb7664ee6a21347161938532816fc2850298dca249ec8.php". (Line 80 in /web/drupal7-20210910145921/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php)
11-06-15 11:16 AM
51 123
tools
    $249 for a line? Where are you guys importing the stuff from? Mars?

Posted via CB10
    $249 for the phone my line charge is $40. My monthly ATT bill for 3 lines runs b$150-160

If I did a BYOD my line cost would go down $15. So the Priv is costing me $249 + $360 ($15x24mo) = $609 total
    There might or might not be a $45 activation fee. In the pass they have waived this charge.

I have one line coming off contract on November 27th and one in February I could upgrade two lines if I wanted to.

So the Priv cost me $609!!

My wife has a Samsung4 but doesn't want to change. I will use the Priv and switch the SIM card out with my unlocked Classic. My other line I have my work horse the 9900.

Edit: I have 3 line under contract because my wife took 2 iPhones swimming. And got screwed on a Z10 that was "free" but actually cost me $15/mo or $360 instead of buying it outright. That line expires in May. I've been with ATT for 10 years.

PIN 2COF829A
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 11-04-15 at 07:54 AM.
    11-04-15 07:34 AM
    I sure hope (as an investor as well) that we can return to the days of glory.

However, I'm not sure if the rep was referring to lines outside, or inside the store - big difference.

Posted via CB10
    Yes "online" was to purchase the phone on the Internet.

I have found the more you praise these guys to more info and better service you get.

Just the way I like to do buz

PIN 2COF829A
    11-04-15 07:41 AM
    I will be HIGHLY surprised if every ATT corp store has the Priv in stock the first day, for two reasons. 1- this hasnt happened for BlackBerry since the Z10, 2- I doubt BlackBerry's first production run made enough units to even do this. I hope that Im wrong but Im pessimistic at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Respectfully, I didn't believe it either until I chatted with a representative last night. I asked him about availability all throughout the Los Angeles metro area. (I asked because other 'opening day launches' have had mixed results--some stores have 'em and others don't.) He assured me that all corporate stores will have them in stock on Friday. We'll see, I suppose.

Common sense, however, leads me to disagree with the poster who was told to expect lines at these stores. Due to a lack of marketing, I'm sure most people have yet to even hear of this device.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:48 AM
    Only the real numbers are relevant. So called buzz is worth nothing without actual sales. And unfortunately Blackberry's new phones always generated quite some buzz but got poor reviews and sold accordingly at the end.

Posted via CB10
    I tend to agree with the above. Let's wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:54 AM
    Respectfully, I didn't believe it either until I chatted with a representative last night. I asked him about availability all throughout the Los Angeles metro area. (I asked because other 'opening day launches' have had mixed results--some stores have 'em and others don't.) He assured me that all corporate stores will have them in stock on Friday. We'll see, I suppose.

Common sense, however, leads me to disagree with the poster who was told to expect lines at these stores. Due to a lack of marketing, I'm sure most people have yet to even hear of this device.

Posted via CB10
    I tend to agree about the lines at the store on Friday. We will see. If nothing else there will be the BlackBerry people there trying to check the Priv out.

PIN 2COF829A
    11-04-15 07:56 AM
    if you visit one of our stores you will have to do lines
    Sounds like one hell of a release day.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    11-04-15 08:05 AM
    $249 for the phone my line charge is $40. My monthly ATT bill for 3 lines runs b$150-160

If I did a BYOD my line cost would go down $15. So the Priv is costing me $249 + $360 ($15x24mo) = $609 total
    There might or might not be a $45 activation fee. In the pass they have waived this charge.

I have one line coming off contract on November 27th and one in February I could upgrade two lines if I wanted to.

So the Priv cost me $609!!

My wife has a Samsung4 but doesn't want to change. I will use the Priv and switch the SIM card out with my unlocked Classic. My other line I have my work horse the 9900.

Edit: I have 3 line under contract because my wife took 2 iPhones swimming. And got screwed on a Z10 that was "free" but actually cost me $15/mo or $360 instead of buying it outright. That line expires in May. I've been with ATT for 10 years.

PIN 2COF829A
    I do believe Acvdm was referring to an illegal substance
    jope28 likes this.
    11-04-15 08:10 AM
    I do believe Acvdm was referring to an illegal substance
    Lol

PIN 2COF829A
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-04-15 08:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Those that will be buying it, have heard about it..... the BlackBerry Fans.

First we need to see what the market thinks of the PRIV... let the reviews come. If they are favorable, then yes marketing will help increase the awareness of the PRIV. If the reviews are so-so, and they question the value vs price. Then marketing will accomplish nothing.....

Right now... BlackBerry seems to be tip toeing around for some reason.
    11-04-15 08:36 AM
    $249 on contract isn't a bad price. I paid the same for the Z30 on contract and $200 for the Z10. Hope the Priv sells well for BlackBerry! I'm just waiting for Tmobile to announce that they are carrying it. I'm going to get it as a second line so I want one of those everything plans. I might just look into AT&T to see what they have to offer as their service is better than Tmobile where I am.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    11-04-15 08:52 AM
    $249 on contract isn't a bad price. I paid the same for the Z30 on contract and $200 for the Z10. Hope the Priv sells well for BlackBerry! I'm just waiting for Tmobile to announce that they are carrying it. I'm going to get it as a second line so I want one of those everything plans. I might just look into AT&T to see what they have to offer as their service is better than Tmobile where I am.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    Considering the Z10 was vastly under specced at the time it's a very good price when compared.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    11-04-15 08:57 AM
    There are not going to be lines, come on people. Maybe if they had some kind of crazy marketing campaign going on, then there could be a chance, but the way they're marketing the Priv right now I highly doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:00 AM
    Called ATT and had a chat with one of the agents. I'm ordering mine Friday for $249.
    Transcript:
    Alan G : Great! if you upgrade that line your plan will not have any changes

Alan G : We are all waiting for friday

Me : is there a lot of people wanting this phone?

Me : is the supply good?

Me : you can just give me a opinion

Me : just want to make sure. I will be gone on vacation this weekend starting thursday

Me : wish i could order today

Alan G : We will have a large demand yes, however I can tell that the best way of getting it its online, if you visit one of our stores you will have to do lines

Me : really, so you think there might be lines at the store?

Alan G : It the most possible, we are having a lot of god customers asking for that device, actually its a great release the first black berry with android OS

Me : ok thank you you have been a great help. Your on of the best agents I have chat with. Thank you again

Alan G : You're welcome

Alan G : Its a pleasure to help
    Marketing 101.. the first rule is to agree with the client.. Mr4aces obviously you contacted ATT because you are interested in the phone. The Rep will use that to make the sell as soon as possible and will tell you whatever it takes to get his commission...

I wish I want to believe all he said but this dude rep is just trying to do his job..

Stop believing in everything you read from the internet.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-04-15 09:04 AM
    Marketing 101.. the first rule is to agree with the client.. Mr4aces obviously you contacted ATT because you are interested in the phone. The Rep will use that to make the sell as soon as possible and will tell you whatever it takes to get his commission...

I wish I want to believe all he said but this dude rep is just trying to do his job..

Stop believing in everything you read from the internet.

Posted via CB10
    "Another half empty glass" person

PIN 2COF829A
    11-04-15 10:07 AM
    Nope.. just realistic..
    My optimistic and half full glass part ordered the Priv the first minutes it was available..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DavideaNY; 11-05-15 at 05:16 PM.
    11-04-15 12:20 PM
    I think for the most part and I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong most android phones make it out to the carrier stores pretty regularly? I mean I know it's BlackBerry but it is Android after all.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 12:29 PM
    Considering the fact that everyone I talk to thinks BlackBerry has been gone for years, I believe this representative is FOS.

Still nice to hear though.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    11-04-15 12:54 PM

Alan G : It the most possible, we are having a lot of god customers asking for that device, actually its a great release the first black berry with android OS
    Finally. Now we won't have to hear anymore about how Obama and Merkel and the "leaders of G*" nations use only BB10.

God has spoken people and since AT&T has lots of GOD customers, I think that should just about cover all religions.

Case closed.
    11-05-15 01:03 PM
    Ugh. That was painful to read (OP).
    Voice to text it seems and not the OP's lack of dictation skills.
    11-05-15 01:22 PM
    "Another half empty glass" person

PIN 2COF829A
    Depends whose glass it is.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Cynycl likes this.
    11-05-15 01:43 PM
    BlackBerry could have had a successful US launch, but without a Verizon device, I am afraid it will be just like the Passport.
    11-05-15 03:22 PM
    This would be ironic. I use to work at AT&T LONG LINES. Let's see if it holds true.

I recall predictions of long lines when the Playbook was released ...................... enough said!
    Cynycl likes this.
    11-05-15 03:26 PM
    $249 for a line? Where are you guys importing the stuff from? Mars?

Posted via CB10
    Hope it gives you a great buzz for that, wow inflation
    11-05-15 04:54 PM
    Bought the Priv online just now!

Going to pick mine up at the local store. $609.00 total on two year contract. .... and the agen confirmed no increase in my monthly bill.

Will report after I pick mine up.
    11-06-15 10:04 AM
    Order my phone online and picking it up today;

David S : Welcome to AT&T Chat. How may we help you today?
    *Me : questions on upgrade to priv
    *David S : Hi
    *David S : Thank you for visiting AT&T! I would be happy to assist you with your upgrade today. My name is David S may I ask who I have the pleasure of chatting with?
    *Me : dean oshiro
    *Me : cell number 36095219221
    *David S : Hello Dean, I hope you are having a great day
    *David S : the PRIV is already available
    *David S : I can guide you through the process
    *David S : may I ask, are you logged into your account?
    *Me : no i want to know if you need a cc for the $250 or will u bill me
    *David S : you would need a credit or debit card today to pay for it
    *David S : you can purchase as well the phone through AT&T next, and it will cost today only the sale taxes
    *Me : so this will not increase my monthly charge if I pay $249 today
    *David S : I can check this through your account
    *David S : May I have your permission to access your online account with you today in order to assist you?
    *Me : y
    *Me : ss 1116 dob 11301949
    *David S : No worries, I only need your wireless number
    *Me : will you waive the $45 activation fee?
    *Me : 3609521922
    *David S : Unfortunately I am not able to waive the activation fee, since I can only provide you with the prices displayed in the page
    *Me : give me the monthly charges
    *David S : right now if you upgrade to a new 2 year contract, your bill would increase $15.00, since you would loss the current discount you have in access charges
    *Me : I am off contract on 11/27 so if I do not buy anything it goes down $15
    *David S : Yes, that is correct Dean
    *Me : so it should be the same after 11/27?
    *Me : correct?
    *David S : Yes Dean you are correct
    *Me : so it would stay the same. Correct?
    *David S : Yes, you are right
    *David S : would you like to go ahead with the process?
    *Me : do I have to wait till 11/27 to buy? to keep my bill the same?
    *David S : You can upgrade from today, and keep your plan the same after you are out of contract, or purchase that day
    *Me : when would I get the phone?
    *David S : Allow me a second to check the shipping information
    *David S : +
    *David S : I am back, this phone has express shipping for free available, if you order today you will get the phone by Monday morning
    *David S : we can also check the in store availability, so you could pick it at the store today
    *David S : can I have your ZIP code so I can check it?
    *Me : If there is no increase in my plan and you are positive I can pick it up I will pay for it
    *Me : 85383 is the zip code I'm at right now
    *Me : on vacation
    *David S : There is in store availability at this store
    *David S : AT&T Company Store
    2805 W Agua Fria Fwy
    Phoenix, AZ 85027
    (623) 581-2074
    *Me : ok do you want the cc number?
    *David S : I can guide you on how to do the process OnLine so you do not have to share your personal information in here
    *David S : is that okay with you?
    *Me : yes
    *Me : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/18
    *David S : Great, are you currently logged into your account Dean?
    *Me : cvs 968
    *Me : name on card dean oshiro
    *David S : Dean, lets go ahead with the process from the account
    *Me : address on card PO Box 624, Washougal, WA 98671
    *David S : I can guide you there
    *Me : dont need directions
    *David S : You can Click Here to open the page in a new window/tab.
    *David S : please let me know when you get to the page
    *David S : there please select the blackberry and add it to cart
    *David S : there select the 2 year agreement which is the $249.99 price
    *David S : and then select whether you would like device protection or not
    *David S : then we can select continue
    *David S : there select the current plan you have
    *David S : Does everything look correct in your Shopping Cart?
    *David S : This page lists your personal details regarding your account. Please take a moment to review this page to ensure that all information is still up to date.
    *David S : I'll be here to guide and assist you if you have any questions.
    *David S : Please click on “Continue” to move to the next page.
    *David S : Congratulations! Your order has been successfully placed.
    *Me : thank you
    *Me : Go Blackberry
    *David S : You are most welcome Johnny, it has been my pleasure assisting you today
    *David S : that one is a great device
    *David S : may I ask if there is anything else I can assist you with today?
    11-06-15 11:12 AM
51 123