Hello,

today I bought the title written toshiba 64Gb micro SD card. Somehow my Priv can'T find the card correctly. On first try, when I wanted to set it to internal drive, I needed to format. at 20 % it got stucked and then it rebooted. Since then my Priv doesn't find the card. Whats now?
    04-30-16 07:40 PM
    Did you buy it from a reliable source. There have been counterfeit cards occasionally.

Do you have the Microsoft exFAT driver? Go to Playstore. Search for Blackberry Limited. Scroll till you see "MicrosoftexFAT driver" and download it.

Can you see the card if you have a card reader on your computer?
    04-30-16 08:35 PM
    I bought it from a bgi electronic store company here in germany.
    yes, the Priv has the driver installed. Well, I only have a card reader on XP. The card somehow is shown with the size, but cannot be formated there and I dont have the exFAT driver there.. Since for german x86 there is no driver online anymore (but there was one official). So the only way is through the Priv.

Edit: Somehow I could get onto the card when changing to old and then new again. When I format it to normal on the phone it works. But I think internal drive is more useful. There it keeps haning on 20%.
    04-30-16 08:52 PM
    Tried again and at least wanted to format first with the format. received a error message...
    04-30-16 09:03 PM
    It sounds as though the card is defective. Return it and buy another card preferably another brand to avoid the "bad batch syndrome."

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    04-30-16 09:12 PM
    Tried again and at least wanted to format first with the format. received a error message...
    I would run the card through h2testw.

H2testw Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net
    gizmo21 likes this.
    04-30-16 11:01 PM
    That's what i would have suggested, you can get it from the German developer site and there are also some background facts:
    http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html
    05-03-16 11:42 PM
    It's not the card, it's the phone. My Samsung card did the same thing and it is the same card I have used since launch. Worked perfect right before the updating, even after I got it to say the card was good to go nothing will go onto it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-03-16 11:55 PM
    Got a Java failed error after another attempt at format.

05-04-16 12:06 AM
    Finally decided to format. As a transferable card, failed every time as internal.

05-04-16 12:38 AM
    Finally decided to format. As a transferable card, failed every time as internal.

I don't see any draw to why someone would want their card as internal memory anyways? What happens if card isn't fast enough? Wouldn't that slow down everything? I legit don't see the draw and why making it internal is an option?

05-04-16 02:39 AM
    I don't see any draw to why someone would want their card as internal memory anyways? What happens if card isn't fast enough? Wouldn't that slow down everything? I legit don't see the draw and why making it internal is an option?

Supposedly, it gives folks with small internal memory (cheaper devices), the option of "expanding" it if they need more space for app installation.
    05-04-16 08:42 AM

I think it's the only way to enable encryption on the sd card in the Priv.

05-04-16 08:58 AM
    Supposedly, it gives folks with small internal memory (cheaper devices), the option of "expanding" it if they need more space for app installation.
    I don't understand. Why does it matter when you can save apps to SD anyways. I really see zero advantage and much more disadvantages especially with cheap slow cards.

05-04-16 09:10 AM
    I've tried over 60 times or more, then i could have it formatted as Internal memory, meanwhile i could format sd card toshiba 32gb. 64 gb took me a while

05-04-16 09:14 AM
    Same issue as the thread starter reported here: two Samsung Evo 64GB cards, one which was working on my Lollipop PRIV before the Marshmallow update and one bought brand new today because I thought my card is broken. Formatting as internal or portable card fails with the progress bar staying at 20%. Then the screen crashes and I shortly see a Java error message on the Desktop.

Must be something with the Marshmallow update. I see multiple people reporting this. Hope Blackberry will learn about this issue and work on it.
    05-04-16 10:36 AM
    How to fix a 'bad' SD card on a Windows 10 computer:
    1. Use SDFormatterv4 (from www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4) and set Option-Format Size Adjustment to ON before you format the card
    2. Next open an elevated Command Prompt (right click to run as admin)
    3. type the following and press enter
    4. format d: /x /fs:FAT32 /a:1024 /v:MySDCard

The result should be similar to this:
    Insert new disk for drive D:
    and press ENTER when ready...
    The type of the file system is EXFAT.
    The new file system is FAT32.
    Verifying 58.2 GB
    34291 bad sectors were encountered during the format. These sectors
    cannot be guaranteed to have been cleaned.
    The specified cluster size is too small for FAT32.
    Format failed.

It took over an hour to reformat my Silicon Power 64 GB microSD which worked fine on my BB Priv until the Android Marshmallow update however bad sectors were found so perhaps the card was already failing before the OS update.

If no bad sectors are found, then format once more with SDFormatterv4 and you should be fine.
    Last edited by Morgan Rajan; 01-14-17 at 10:04 PM.
    01-14-17 05:41 PM