Bet you guys forgot about these! I had both, they were my 1st sliders..
    Attachment 337510
    Attachment 337511

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    My wife still has the Pantech one with dual sliders.
    02-27-15 05:08 PM
    My wife still has the Pantech one with dual sliders.
    Wow lol! I actually JUST sold that one in the 1st pic for $85! The guy said he needed it for his job and that it was the only phone that would sync all his work emails..and edit his spreadsheets accurately

02-27-15 06:48 PM
    IMO, that style of phone has been done to death by almost every big name to hole-in-the wall phone company out! I had the 1st slider w/ windows, it was a Pocket PC. Fast-forward 5-7 years later and the Torch came out and was filled with bugs! I think there is another patient for a "hidden keyboard" that seems for up-to-date, that BB just received. Those sliders just have one more mechanism that needs constant movement, that has the potential to break. I can only image what would happen when you drop a slider on the concrete!! Especially since u really can't even put a case on them!

So you never actually owned a Torch. It is a portrait slider. Very doubtful that BlackBerry would make a new Torch. The carriers probably would not sell and BlackBerry only knows how to build a square screen or a Z screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:34 PM
    So you never actually owned a Torch. It is a portrait slider. Very doubtful that BlackBerry would make a new Torch. The carriers probably would not sell and BlackBerry only knows how to build a square screen or a Z screen.

Posted via CB10
    Naw, I never owned a torch, I opted for a Storm 2 at the time. I knew a couple people with Torches and they loved the design but the OS was hot garbage! I totally miss my Storm 2(the SurePress), only issue I ever had was with keeping my service books, due to the phone being from Verzon unlocked for Tmobile.

02-27-15 11:36 PM
    Naw, I never owned a torch, I opted for a Storm 2 at the time. I knew a couple people with Torches and they loved the design but the OS was hot garbage! I totally miss my Storm 2(the SurePress), only issue I ever had was with keeping my service books, due to the phone being from Verzon unlocked for Tmobile.

I remember some customers of ours having major issues with the Torch 9800. I picked up the 9810 version about a year later and mine was top notch for sure. Still the best phone I eve used. I really wish it had LTE on it.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you can't put a case on them. I have an Otterbox on mine and my 9810 is still in great condition.

Nostalgia is kicking in, I might just have to downgrade for the weekend lol.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    02-28-15 06:04 AM
    First bbry was the 9800 Torch, still usable, but too far from the q10 specs and functionalities.
    A lot of people owned the Torch 9800 or 9810. A BB10 version of the device might get the attention of those former users. But that's about it.
    02-28-15 07:02 AM
    There is a slider being shown around at BlackBerry so I agree it will likely be unveiled at MWC

Posted via CB10
    anon(55900) likes this.
    02-28-15 08:35 AM
    There is a slider being shown around at BlackBerry so I agree it will likely be unveiled at MWC

Posted via CB10
    I'm just not seeing the point. The VKB is fantastic in BlackBerry 10. Slider is just going to make the devices fatter, heavier, and likely cost some battery space. Also I tried the Torch once and the top of the slide screen actually got in the way of the top of the PKB I thought. I also have concerns about the V devices having a row of keys exposed at all times because I have had button issues in the past with BlackBerry PKB and wonder what would happen when buttons fail.

I'd much rather see an all touch Passport sized device (1440x1920) or a 1440x25xx 16x9 device, and preferably both.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:35 AM
    I'm just not seeing the point. The VKB is fantastic in BlackBerry 10. Slider is just going to make the devices fatter, heavier, and likely cost some battery space. Also I tried the Torch once and the top of the slide screen actually got in the way of the top of the PKB I thought. I also have concerns about the V devices having a row of keys exposed at all times because I have had button issues in the past with BlackBerry PKB and wonder what would happen when buttons fail.

I'd much rather see an all touch Passport sized device (1440x1920) or a 1440x25xx 16x9 device, and preferably both.

Posted via CB10
    The point is that you can have a purely vkb and large touchscreen experience, but when you want to type out longer messages/emails you pull out the pkb and go to work. You also get the added functionality of a trackpad strip and (presumably) shortcut keys. It may be a bit thicker and heavier, but to many, it's a small sacrifice. Thickness and weight are also lending to a more premium feel these days as the ultra thin/light devices feel so fragile and cheap.

BB for Life
    anon(55900) likes this.
    03-01-15 11:46 AM
    I would like to see that, but with a full screen size of the Z30, but either way, I'm in! I think it solves all issues of having a full screen running 10.3.1and PKB, I'd be in BlackBerry heaven!
    03-01-15 12:41 PM
    I agree, but Visa/Victoria may be able to satisfy both all touch and "Slider" customers. We won't know till we see what shows up, but I could be fine with a device that has a PKB and a 16x9 screen if I could use it as a 100% all touch all the time. I have had too many issues with PKB and trackpads so if they do bring out this new type device, I hope they make it so you can software disable the PKB in case of malfunction.

Posted via CB10
    I'd assume that when it's closed it should work just like 10.3.1 with flick, then when opened to expose the PKB, flick disables for PKB.
    03-01-15 12:49 PM
    IMO, that style of phone has been done to death by almost every big name to hole-in-the wall phone company out! I had the 1st slider w/ windows, it was a Pocket PC. Fast-forward 5-7 years later and the Torch came out and was filled with bugs! I think there is another patient for a "hidden keyboard" that seems for up-to-date, that BB just received. Those sliders just have one more mechanism that needs constant movement, that has the potential to break. I can only image what would happen when you drop a slider on the concrete!! Especially since u really can't even put a case on them!

You owned a Torch that you had problems with?? My Torch run quite well, loved it, I'll take a Torch with 10.3.1 the day they release one.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-01-15 12:56 PM

Torch filled with bugs??? Sorry to hear
    you got a bad one. For 1.5 years of use, my Torch functioned flawlessly.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 03-01-15 at 02:36 PM.
    03-01-15 01:16 PM
    I had a torch. I loved it. Just got frustrated when it was under powered. I would buy a new BB10 version in a minute. I own a z10 but would go back to keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    anon(55900) likes this.
    03-01-15 01:44 PM

You owned a Torch that you had problems with?? My Torch run quite well, loved it, I'll take a Torch with 10.3.1 the day they release one.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-01-15 02:31 PM
    Definitely, man my 3 torches went through pure h3ll and never missed a beat(reason I had 3, ran over 2 at work driving the loader). Maybe one had a creak when used closed and typing on screen, other than that awesome phone.
    If they have no other offering that's all touch and using better specs than the Z30 then this would be a nice device to tide me over.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:43 PM
    I know u slide-happy people are especially happy today with the news of the new Slider coming out..

03-03-15 10:06 AM
    PKB is definitely a small niche. A slider is am even smaller subset of that group. Definitely would be a mistake for BlackBerry.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    A slider would serve well for people who want a full touch screen and it would serve well for people who want a physical keyboard. I think it appeals to more customers in this aspect.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-03-15 10:58 AM
    I know u slide-happy people are especially happy today with the news of the new Slider coming out..

What? Where's that info at?
    03-03-15 12:22 PM
    03-03-15 12:32 PM
    There are for sure alot of fans of the slider. I dont remember Palm fans ******** about the slider. Most everybody loved the 9810. That said I am surprised to see a comeback. I hope it can work and I hope it helps. If you guys want this please speak up and vote. I would buy one of these over the passport because ultimately I consume more video on my phone now. Esp if PP cant HDMI out 16.9 on a tv.
    03-04-15 08:09 PM
46 12