I believe BlackBerry is going to announce this phone. A Real Slider with the size of a Z10.

2015 Mobile Convention 2015 - Possible Hardware to be announced.
    4 Smart Phones.
    - Passport 2
    - Classic 2
    - Z10 style Slider
    - Victoria/Visa Hybrid.

Torch-Style BB10 Phone
    BlackBerry awarded design patent for portrait QWERTY slider, could be a BB10 Torch | Drippler - Apps, Games, News, Updates & Accessories

Posted by Q5
    01-30-15 11:06 AM
    It will be a big surprise. I like a slider phone because you can enjoy a big screen and a full physical qwerty keyboard

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:21 AM
    Please be a five inch screen or something like a passport screen

Z10
    01-30-15 11:29 AM
    That was or is the BlackBerry Milan.

Exclusive: First Image of BlackBerry Milan - next generation BlackBerry 10 slider!! | CrackBerry.com

But :

"It doesn’t matter now though, as it’s no more. The Milan, on the other hand, has been revealed as a BlackBerry OS 7 phone rather than one waiting for BlackBerry OS 10. Apparently, carriers said “thanks, but no thanks” to the device, as it was too close in design to the existing BlackBerry Torch

Read more: BlackBerry Milan and Colt canceled, all hopes for OS 10 lie with the London | Digital Trends

Apparently, the Milan was actually supposed to be a BBOS device. Should have been called the Belfast.

I do like this design better than the proposed hybrid design - I hope that they have tested both designs with actual consumers / enterprise users.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    01-30-15 12:09 PM
    BBRY re-submitted this device and upgraded it. See the date, this was approx: 6-7 months before John Chen became CEO. So this smart phone was in fact intended to be BB10 based. Four months after BB10's official launch.
    Based on the information, this patent is still BBRY's. And I can see such device coming out.
    United States Patent D680,510
    April 23, 2013
    Patent Images

And here is a new Patent for a Foldable Keyboard.
    http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=0...iew+first+page
    KeyBoard

Patent for a Sideloadable Keyboard - This could be a Tablet.

And here are other Patents that were refiled in Jan 2015
    http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNum...S%3DBlackBerry

Last edited by nt300; 01-30-15 at 02:41 PM.
    anon(55900) and Bbnivende like this.
    01-30-15 01:57 PM
    I believe BlackBerry is going to announce this phone. A Real Slider with the size of a Z10.

2015 Mobile Convention 2015 - Possible Hardware to be announced.
    4 Smart Phones.
    - Passport 2
    - Classic 2
    - Z10 style Slider
    - Victoria/Visa Hybrid.

Torch-Style BB10 Phone
    BlackBerry awarded design patent for portrait QWERTY slider, could be a BB10 Torch | Drippler - Apps, Games, News, Updates & Accessories

Posted by Q5
    I highly doubt that. There's no demand for a slider except amongst a very small group of BlackBerry faithful. It would be a disaster for BlackBerry to release such a device either a tiny niche as a target.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    01-30-15 07:52 PM
    Flip phone. 4" dual screens?

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    01-30-15 10:20 PM
    I highly doubt that. There's no demand for a slider except amongst a very small group of BlackBerry faithful. It would be a disaster for BlackBerry to release such a device either a tiny niche as a target.

Kind of like releasing any physical keyboard device......

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-31-15 03:05 AM
    Kind of like releasing any physical keyboard device......

Posted via CB10
    PKB is definitely a small niche. A slider is am even smaller subset of that group. Definitely would be a mistake for BlackBerry.

01-31-15 09:23 AM
    PKB is definitely a small niche. A slider is am even smaller subset of that group. Definitely would be a mistake for BlackBerry.

I don't know. If done right, and the footprint wasn't any more than all touch, and the device could be used as an All touch 100% of the time, then it could be a differentiator to a pure slab. And not like that hideous thing linked to in the above links which is just a modern Torch, but the Visa/Victoria concepts we are seeing. I'd still prefer a pure slab, but could go for the Visa/Victoria if I have the option to totally disable the PKB in software in case of failure. KY concern would be the row of keys that is visible malfunctioning making the device go haywire and unusable.

Posted via CB10
    anon(55900) likes this.
    01-31-15 11:01 AM
    I don't know. If done right, and the footprint wasn't any more than all touch, and the device could be used as an All touch 100% of the time, then it could be a differentiator to a pure slab. And not like that hideous thing linked to in the above links which is just a modern Torch, but the Visa/Victoria concepts we are seeing. I'd still prefer a pure slab, but could go for the Visa/Victoria if I have the option to totally disable the PKB in software in case of failure. KY concern would be the row of keys that is visible malfunctioning making the device go haywire and unusable.

Posted via CB10
    I see what you're saying. Problem is; wouldn't a slide have to be thicker than a slab?

01-31-15 04:41 PM
    I see what you're saying. Problem is; wouldn't a slide have to be thicker than a slab?

A slider yes, which is why I thing a slider like the 9800/9810 Torch is dead. The concept device drawings have the keyboard in the swinging mechanism in the bottom which could make the device thinner. Like I said I prefer a pure slab now, but Chen seems to be pretty against a pure slab as he says he feels he can't compete there. We'll see. All these people getting worked up over MWC might get disappointed after its over.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 05:00 PM

Not really. So long as they released a slider with another device, say a full touch at the same time. This way they continue to offer customers a choice. Production is under control, so this could work.

Back in the hey day, absolutely. Right now? Absolutely not, you have have a thin slider no problem with today's technology.
    A slider yes, which is why I thing a slider like the 9800/9810 Torch is dead. The concept device drawings have the keyboard in the swinging mechanism in the bottom which could make the device thinner. Like I said I prefer a pure slab now, but Chen seems to be pretty against a pure slab as he says he feels he can't compete there. We'll see. All these people getting worked up over MWC might get disappointed after its over.

Posted via CB10
    The issue Chen will face by not releasing a 16x9 slab is he may lose existing Z10 and Z30 customers that have been on the platform for about 2 years and are looking for a replacement. We are talking about 8+ Million people here. Many have gone with the Passport but the majority do not want a physical keyboard as an upgrade, the whole idea of the amazing BB10 virtual keyboard was to give people the classic QWERTY experience. And they've succeeded in this, BB10's keyboard is by far the best, both virtual and physical.

Mr. Chen is an smart individual, he knows what needs to get done to ensure 2015 sees growth in hardware sales, software sales and in overall revenue/profit. The MWC is the beginning of what to expect.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    02-01-15 01:12 AM
    The issue Chen will face by not releasing a 16x9 slab is he may lose existing Z10 and Z30 customers that have been on the platform for about 2 years and are looking for a replacement. We are talking about 8+ Million people here. Many have gone with the Passport but the majority do not want a physical keyboard as an upgrade, the whole idea of the amazing BB10 virtual keyboard was to give people the classic QWERTY experience. And they've succeeded in this, BB10's keyboard is by far the best, both virtual and physical.

Mr. Chen is an smart individual, he knows what needs to get done to ensure 2015 sees growth in hardware sales, software sales and in overall revenue/profit. The MWC is the beginning of what to expect.
    I agree, but Visa/Victoria may be able to satisfy both all touch and "Slider" customers. We won't know till we see what shows up, but I could be fine with a device that has a PKB and a 16x9 screen if I could use it as a 100% all touch all the time. I have had too many issues with PKB and trackpads so if they do bring out this new type device, I hope they make it so you can software disable the PKB in case of malfunction.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-01-15 09:26 AM
    First bbry was the 9800 Torch, still usable, but too far from the q10 specs and functionalities.
    Also get since 2 weeks a Z 10, and the screen size is a delight, i hoped to write as fast as with the q10, but i finally come back to this Last one.

So IMO, the next bbry Torch ( with a screen like the z10 -at less-) will be a gift i may like to do to myself.

Posted via q10. 3.1.2072
    anon(55900) likes this.
    02-09-15 03:26 PM
    Landed in Toronto airport. The first phone I see is a Torch slider. That phone has such a cool factor. Love to see a Classic Torch.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    02-09-15 05:45 PM
    This was good info. Hope they do. Want to get another device only if it's better than the current. The BB10's work well!
    anon(55900) likes this.
    02-09-15 08:31 PM
    IMO, that style of phone has been done to death by almost every big name to hole-in-the wall phone company out! I had the 1st slider w/ windows, it was a Pocket PC. Fast-forward 5-7 years later and the Torch came out and was filled with bugs! I think there is another patient for a "hidden keyboard" that seems for up-to-date, that BB just received. Those sliders just have one more mechanism that needs constant movement, that has the potential to break. I can only image what would happen when you drop a slider on the concrete!! Especially since u really can't even put a case on them!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    02-27-15 09:56 AM
    This article was written in 2013! If was going to happen it probably already would have

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:03 AM
    IMO, that style of phone has been done to death by almost every big name to hole-in-the wall phone company out! I had the 1st slider w/ windows, it was a Pocket PC. Fast-forward 5-7 years later and the Torch came out and was filled with bugs! I think there is another patient for a "hidden keyboard" that seems for up-to-date, that BB just received. Those sliders just have one more mechanism that needs constant movement, that has the potential to break. I can only image what would happen when you drop a slider on the concrete!! Especially since u really can't even put a case on them!

I quite often dropped my torch on concrete, gravel and other rough surfaces, that thing was indestructible. While the paint/plastic would chip from these drops the phone itself was fine. The only people who I ever saw that broke a torch screen was because it fell and landed flat on the screen, any other angle was fine.
    I do worry that the Visa form factor will be more vulnerable to breaking from drops, but I also have faith that BlackBerry will make sure it is engineered and made with material strong enough to withstand falls, they know they can't afford a bendgate like mishap.

BB for Life
    anon(55900) likes this.
    02-27-15 11:56 AM
    I'm waiting for my z50 I hope they mention it
    02-27-15 01:12 PM
    I quite often dropped my torch on concrete, gravel and other rough surfaces, that thing was indestructible. While the paint/plastic would chip from these drops the phone itself was fine. The only people who I ever saw that broke a torch screen was because it fell and landed flat on the screen, any other angle was fine.
    I do worry that the Visa form factor will be more vulnerable to breaking from drops, but I also have faith that BlackBerry will make sure it is engineered and made with material strong enough to withstand falls, they know they can't afford a bendgate like mishap.

BB for Life
    Hopefully they do those big drop tests like that tablet commercial!

02-27-15 02:33 PM
    As an Android/iOS user...I'd buy a portrait slider BBOS devices in a heartbeat. I still have dreams about buying that old Dell WP7 device. I think it was called the Dell Venue Pro.
    zyxxiforr, Rello and anon(55900) like this.
    02-27-15 02:55 PM
    As an Android/iOS user...I'd buy a portrait slider BBOS devices in a heartbeat. I still have dreams about buying that old Dell WP7 device. I think it was called the Dell Venue Pro.
    Bet you guys forgot about these! I had both, they were my 1st sliders..
    Torch-Style BB10 Phone?-img_20150227_162905.png
    Torch-Style BB10 Phone?-img_20150227_162921.png

jakie55 likes this.
    02-27-15 04:30 PM
    Full size touch screen with a BB physical keyboard? YES PLEASE! I might still be on my 9810 if I could take advantage of the LTE speeds (30mbps in some areas).

A thought just popped into my head. What if they made a beefed up Z30 with a snap-on battery door that was the slider portion?
    anon(55900) likes this.
    02-27-15 05:07 PM
46 12