To start off with this is not to slam the Priv in any way but to explain my personal experience and opinions about this fine phone.

This phone has gotten off to a shaky start and only if BlackBerry acts fast can it save the phone along with it the company as we know it today.

The Priv does indeed suffer from the same issues as the famous Samsung phones and that's heat and plenty of it too!

The heat kicks when charging and downloading apps especially the later, even just opening the store and not doing anything but looking the heat rises, how hot? I have an app telling me 102 degrees!

Not so hot that weird things happen but enough to catch one's attention that the backside is about to make a good glove warmer in the mornings but not so hot that the AC in my the bunk of my big rig can't cool off in a few minutes.

I installed Watchdog in my phone to track down what's warming up this phone and this is what I found out..

Top to bottom battery testing of the Priv-image000000.png

The apps related to the store have some high CPU usage as well as the contacts application update that ran in the background that I downgraded though it caused no alerts in Watchdog I thought it was quite odd for it to run at the top of my list in my other CPU analyzer app full-time and yes I sought out other third party applications for possible issues and I found none.

BlackBerry needs to get to work Monday morning and have some updates ready by 5 pm sharp!

As for the keyboard it's a little cramped but usable for things like a quick text and or quick email response beyond that not much else IMO

The phone tends to charge slow if at all especially when warm enough to keep hot dog buns warmed over but once it's cooled down or you put it down and stop doing thing on the phone or simply turn it off things return to normal, like I said Monday morning somebody better get busy this should have been caught from day one.

All else is fine on the phone call quality is far beyond its time when used with a Blue Tiger elite though Blue Tiger has issues with the microphone twisting away from the user I'll be sure to call them Monday so they can correct next year's model before it too has the same issue.

The Priv is a great phone and so I don't think anyone could pry this phone even out my cold dead hands compared to my problem infested HTC One M9.

Keyboard feels kinda weird again I thinks it's best for quick responses for the most part not much else but it's definitely different compared to say the Passport which I also own which has more real estate to tap on.

Hold it two more irritations and that's the boot up effects and why do they remind me of something childish circles etc make no sense and the reception of signals are lower than my Passport as well, Not Good!

The visual effects and speed are absolutely stunning and the versatility of on screen and or simple keyboard is surely enough to make people curious enough to try it and or fall in love with it.

Security worries and or durability, I have none as long as the BlackBerry logo stays on the phone and in the marketplace I'll keep buying!

If you haven't tried it don't put it down just go to the store and pick it up and try it, once you do I'm sure you'll walk out a happy man despise it's minor issues that BlackBerry is sure to eliminate.

Mr. Chen we loyal BlackBerry users are counting on you to act fast to make the necessary corrections because this is simply a great phone and I will surely buy the next model as soon as it comes out should it be designed in some other way such as the keyboard sliding out from the side instead of the bottom but this is definitely the right direction to go.

If BlackBerry keeps going I see a bright future ahead for a company that has had more than its fair share of troubles.

BlackBerry forever 

Posted via CB10
    Dave Pasceri likes this.
    11-15-15 01:05 PM
    That's more observation than testing.

You lost me at "loyal BlackBerry". This phone isn't for loyal fans, it's intended for disloyal BlackBerry fans. The loyal ones are still on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341, Bay 13, Jrox74 and 1 others like this.
    11-15-15 04:08 PM

You lost me at "loyal BlackBerry". This phone isn't for loyal fans, it's intended for disloyal BlackBerry fans. The loyal ones are still on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    And that's more opinion than fact... Truth is he's right, there is a lot of work BlackBerry can do to the phone, but it's a lot better than second, third, fourth android generation phones

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Privdroid 5.1.1
    11-15-15 04:22 PM
    Had the Priv for a week now a sign of heat at all. Moderate Use that I have allowed me to get through two days without charging. It also down to 41%.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 04:32 PM
    [

How can you say the keyboard is cramped when it's wider than the Q10 and 9900 keyboard

11-15-15 05:13 PM
    Have you tried to contact support and pass your findings and observations? Did you get a case number from BlackBerry with the issue? Posting in Crackberry will not get you or your problem anyway. It's not even official forum for BlackBerry. I highly suggest you get in touch with support as soon as possible, you may have some software or hardware problem.

Posted via CB10
    aha likes this.
    11-15-15 05:19 PM
    Have you tried to contact support and pass your findings and observations? Did you get a case number from BlackBerry with the issue? Posting in Crackberry will not get you or your problem anyway. It's not even official forum for BlackBerry. I highly suggest you get in touch with support as soon as possible, you may have some software or hardware problem.

Posted via CB10

IDK but there's been quite a few people here complaining about one thing or another be it the phone running hot or the pkb not working properly hopefully this is all stuff software can cure I would hate for BlackBerry to have more issues like in the passed.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 05:29 PM
    IDK but there's been quite a few people here complaining about one thing or another be it the phone running hot or the pkb not working properly hopefully this is all stuff software can cure I would hate for BlackBerry to have more issues like in the passed.

Posted via CB10
    It appears that the Priv and the Samsung S6 Edge have alot of similarities. I am not sure if Samsung helped BB in the Hardware build. I know a young lady who has an S6 Edge and she stated the battery is horrible and no software update has arrived to fix the problem. S6 been around alot longer than the Priv. Too bad alot of the Priv owners are dealing with these issues. I have a Z30 with no problems. I would love a new higher spec all touch BB handset but with all these problems across the android handsets I am leaning away from BB. Chen will not say if BB10 devices are in the future...because they are not. BB will lose some customers because they will not try to cater to them. They will pick up the Android crowd. I will wait for reviews on the new Lumia 950 from MS which is due on 11/20/15. All touch, Iris scanner, 20 MP Rear/5MP Front, liquid cooling, wireless charging, large battery, ability to be used as a computer if you have a monitor and mouse and it is cheaper than the Priv. $549.00 US vs $699.00 US from Priv if you buy from BB. I do not need apps. It is good to have choices.
    11-15-15 08:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not true. Loyal BB10 OS fans and Loyal BlackBerry fans are two different things.
    I am a loyal BlackBerry fan through thick or thin and a shareholder.
    Love the Priv despite a few issues that will be fixed soon. Had more issues on a iPhone 6. As long as BlackBerry is around the I am loyal. So glad they made a device with best of BlackBerry and capacity to have all the apps to cater to the masses.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-15-15 08:09 PM
    It appears that the Priv and the Samsung S6 Edge have alot of similarities. I am not sure if Samsung helped BB in the Hardware build. I know a young lady who has an S6 Edge and she stated the battery is horrible and no software update has arrived to fix the problem. S6 been around alot longer than the Priv. Too bad alot of the Priv owners are dealing with these issues. I have a Z30 with no problems. I would love a new higher spec all touch BB handset but with all these problems across the android handsets I am leaning away from BB. Chen will not say if BB10 devices are in the future...because they are not. BB will lose some customers because they will not try to cater to them. They will pick up the Android crowd. I will wait for reviews on the new Lumia 950 from MS which is due on 11/20/15. All touch, Iris scanner, 20 MP Rear/5MP Front, liquid cooling, wireless charging, large battery, ability to be used as a computer if you have a monitor and mouse and it is cheaper than the Priv. $549.00 US vs $699.00 US from Priv if you buy from BB. I do not need apps. It is good to have choices.
    No apps is issue for Lumina just like bb10. I'm sure a great phone though.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-15-15 08:11 PM
    No apps is issue for Lumina just like bb10. I'm sure a great phone though.

Posted from my Priv!
    Oh yes...I do not need apps. I don't' play games or watch ,movies with my phone. Small business owner. I can get Wall St Journal, Bloomberg and my favorite sports team apps and I am good. I need a good camera (Use for work) and reliable hardware that is for the business professional. I have a Nokia 925 WP which was great. I have an Xbox one and Windows Computers so it will be nice to be back in that ecosysten again. Microsoft is rumoured to have a Surface Phone coming in 2016 with an intel chip. They will lose the lumia brand and tap into the hot sales of the Surface tablets and computers.
    11-15-15 08:18 PM
    I'll give it a try ASAP!
    11-15-15 10:19 PM
    After I slide it up my thumb still bumps the top part which I knew it would happen anyway but I still had to give it a try and I can say that because I also own a Passport too and so it's night and day for me.
    11-15-15 10:22 PM
    Yes it does have similarities they both get hot! Hehehehehe!!!
    Samsung is well known for nuclear phones.
    11-15-15 10:23 PM
    Cool observations! Hope it gets noticed by the devs lurking around the forums...
    11-15-15 10:24 PM
    Still watching my baby and from what I see now after swapping out chargers she's charging normally but discharging rapidly especially while using it even more than my HTC but the charger made by Toughtested caused my screen some wavy waves and so no dice there.
    The only thing that saves her is switching on the battery saver when I'm off the charger.

From what I have read the Gmail may have something to do with the rapid loss of power.
    This phone is the best of both worlds and for these little issues to pop up are annoying to say the least but at least now it no longer gets really hot still up there as I'm using it but not just not hot as a nuclear bomb.

Now back to those triangles circles and squares at boot, What in the world were they thing of Romper room???
    I think someone at BlackBerry needs a timeout in the corner with no ice-cream because surely someone could have done a better graphics program at boot.

The keyboard is OK but for me a little cramped but at least I won't get board because it kinda reminds me of when someone says ya can't do it ya do it anyway and so as ya keep typing the better ya get at it but it's not the first thing ya seek out unless ya hooked on keyboards.

Overall I'd give the Priv an A- only because they tried and oh yeah you can see they poured their hearts into this one that's for darn sure but they rushed it and that's not how to bake a fine cake.

I will see if I can use an old email to send them the link to this page this morning and or make a phone call or two.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 09:32 AM
    Blackberry need to address his asap too many complaints about the battery at such a early stage.

Black Ice likes this.
    11-16-15 01:16 PM
    Blackberry need to address his asap too many complaints about the battery at such a early stage.

Seems my replacement has spell check problems, it dont activate as I need it sometimes I need to reboot. I will see if I can install a new one in the play store.
    I can see this is going to be a bit of a nightmare...

11-21-15 04:09 PM
    To start off with this is not to slam the Priv in any way but to explain my personal experience and opinions about this fine phone.....
    Posted via CB10
    CPU spends far to much time in the 1.4GHz range... and not enough time in less power-hungry cycles (384MHz).

I can guarantee you that Blackberry is already aware of this and is looking into doing whatever they can to maximize CPU efficiency.
    aha likes this.
    11-21-15 04:37 PM
    CPU spends far to much time in the 1.4GHz range... and not enough time in less power-hungry cycles (384MHz).

I can guarantee you that Blackberry is already aware of this and is looking into doing whatever they can to maximize CPU efficiency.
    I'm sure they are especially since my replacement is doing exactly as what I started my thread on this subject.
    This is almost identical to the same issue that my HTC went through.
    I hope they can fix it because I know that a class action would only spell doom for BlackBerry should it come to that point.
    The only workaround is to turn my phone(s) off and let it or them charge and or cool down so that they can charge.
    I have confidence in BlackBerry and hopefully they can fix it by the end of this month or at least before Christmas.
    11-21-15 05:13 PM
    I'm sure they are especially since my replacement is doing exactly as what I started my thread on this subject.
    I hope they can fix it because I know that a class action would only spell doom for BlackBerry should it come to that point.
    The only workaround is to turn my phone(s) off and let it or them charge and or cool down so that they can charge.
    I have confidence in BlackBerry and hopefully they can fix it by the end of this month or at least before Christmas.
    A class action??? For what? A hot phone? A battery that doesn't meet your standards?

Good luck with that.

Simply ridiculous.

11-21-15 09:49 PM
    If you loaded up the same apps as your HTC then it may be expected that you may run into the same battery and heat issues. I suggest putting your Priv on a diet and load up one app a day and then truly figure out what is causing the issue. This may be a long troubleshooting method but it will trim the fat from whatever you were measuring before. Remember, Priv's Android OS is as close to stock as you can get save for some BlackBerry apps that are actually not baked into it. Unlike HTC and Samsung that modified Android to suit their needs and the user gains the issues of those modifications as well.
    11-21-15 10:01 PM
    I can verify that although the signal meter sows lower, the actual reception is better then my Passport.

Same exact SIM card, and I now get signal in two places where my Passport had no signal and needed to use WiFi. Both are places I am in every single week so it is an accurate comparison.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    11-21-15 10:02 PM
    A class action??? For what? A hot phone? A battery that doesn't meet your standards?

Good luck with that.

Simply ridiculous.

I didn't say I would do such a thing I was speaking in general by a few wack job who would and the reputation that would follow and to respond to your question, remember McDonald's and that cup of hot coffee?
    Cell phone manufacturers have been sued in the past, remember iPhone and the available space they false advertised?
    I'm sure a few have sued for house fires caused by phones too.
    A lawyer will sue for breathing too hard if he can prove pain and suffering was caused.
    11-21-15 10:07 PM
    If you loaded up the same apps as your HTC then it may be expected that you may run into the same battery and heat issues. I suggest putting your Priv on a diet and load up one app a day and then truly figure out what is causing the issue. This may be a long troubleshooting method but it will trim the fat from whatever you were measuring before. Remember, Priv's Android OS is as close to stock as you can get save for some BlackBerry apps that are actually not baked into it. Unlike HTC and Samsung that modified Android to suit their needs and the user gains the issues of those modifications as well.
    I did something along those lines and disabled many stock apps.
    I thought my replacement was doing the same thing I think I may have been wrong. I'll double check hot while charging situations again.
    Watchdog is a pretty good program and I can see those apps that consume too much CPU and or set a limit for it to shut it down such as in excess of 50% it shuts down the app for me and tells me which one was doing it.
    In my prior Priv I set it up to about 80% and still other apps and or parts of the OS set it off and so yeah something was wrong with the first phone.
    11-21-15 10:14 PM
48 12