Don't know if this is already posted in this thread, however I just found something that might be useful to others. It was driving me nuts that every time I installed a new app it was added to my home screen, and not only that, in the top-left corner! There is a setting to turn this off. Go to Play Store, then tap the hamburger menu. Select Settings. The setting is there to "add new apps to home screen". I disabled it and voila!

Also, there is a setting to download app updates automatically, via WiFi only, or via WiFi or cellular network. I had that set initially to WiFi only, and 3 apps began updating. I then became out of range of a WiFi network, so they were stalled at "Updating". I couldn't initially figure out how to get them to continue updating, because I went in and selected the option for WiFi or cellular network, but it didn't help. So what I did was tap on the app being updated, click the x on the right side of the progress meter, then tap Update and it went fine. Anyway these were two things that I found helpful.
    09-27-16 07:40 PM
    please Help me.. my prive not yet update os 6.01 im in indonesia and my phone frmomAT&T
    09-28-16 01:55 AM
    Get an att sim and put it in and it should update. Go phone sim will work.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    09-28-16 02:13 AM
    I dont know if anybody has posted this but you can modify the "Mute" button in between the volume keys using the app "Button Remapper" NO root required only accessibility. Inside the app, Under buttons select other and use the "Volume_Mute" button.
    09-30-16 03:58 PM
    Oh, i'm so excited. I accidently noticed that you get additional information about a lock screen notification if you tap on it and swipe it down!
    Some notifications have information obtained that way, some don't, and depending on the app notification, a tap will take you to it or allow an additional action. It is handy.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    10-01-16 10:20 AM
    How in the world do I get rid of this stupid google photos App? Same with the music app .. It's terrible. Is there any app that people use that's similar to the old bb10 ones? So no updating me with stupid GIFs and collages all the time and uploading my pictures without me knowing /giving permission? Can I just get rid of all permissions and I'm good to go for photos? What else... oh the font on chrome is so minuscule and I've tried everything to fix it. Is there a better browser that has a normal sized font like the browser on bb10?
    10-16-16 04:33 PM
    I'm using FOTO Galerie and PlayerPro. But IDK if they are similar to BB10 apps. But would be interesting to know.
    I guess, one can only deactivate the Google trash.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-17-16 03:27 AM
    Hello All
    I lost my Productivity Tab on Priv. Eve it is on in Setting but I cat see it on the edge.

Can any one help me to get it back please !!!!
    10-19-16 01:53 AM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before (as I don't really feel like going through 14 pages of content), but there is a really neat way of opening the calendar.

If you're in the Hub, you can swipe down on the keyboard to expose the calendar overlay (or underlay if you want to be technical). Once you can see the upcoming events on the calendar from the Hub, a double tap on the keyboard actually opens up the calendar. I'm not sure if that's actually an intended feature based on how the trackpad is implemented on the OS, or if it's actually a genuinely designed and thought out feature.
    alexeysalo and V-Tom like this.
    10-20-16 10:49 AM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before (as I don't really feel like going through 14 pages of content), but there is a really neat way of opening the calendar.

If you're in the Hub, you can swipe down on the keyboard to expose the calendar overlay (or underlay if you want to be technical). Once you can see the upcoming events on the calendar from the Hub, a double tap on the keyboard actually opens up the calendar. I'm not sure if that's actually an intended feature based on how the trackpad is implemented on the OS, or if it's actually a genuinely designed and thought out feature.
    Actually, at least on mine, a single tap on the pkb opens the calendar, as does a swipe to the left. A swipe to the right closes the calendar quick view. It works in Hub and all email/social accts individually.
    11-05-16 12:24 AM
    Hello All
    I lost my Productivity Tab on Priv. Eve it is on in Setting but I cat see it on the edge.

Can any one help me to get it back please !!!!
    It is not worming even after the November Sequitur patch update.....
    11-05-16 01:22 AM
    It is not worming even after the November Sequitur patch update.....
    This is a perfect example of auto correct hell if I ever saw one.
    For someone who supposedly has a phone with a PKB, something like this should have never been typed.

LOL. I guess virtual on screen keyboards truly are the wave of the future, along with nonsensical grammatically hideous sentences.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    11-05-16 07:00 AM
    For someone who supposedly has a phone with a PKB, something like this should have never been typed.

LOL. I guess virtual on screen keyboards truly are the wave of the future, along with nonsensical grammatically hideous sentences.
    Or that person simply cannot type
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    11-09-16 09:18 AM

It also helps if you look at what you are typing and /or swiping.
    11-10-16 09:53 AM
    To get an efficient palmOS, webOS like contact-search (like 'jdo' to get contact of 'john doe') you have to put a space between the inital letters of first and lastname:
    <first letter firstname><space><x letters of lastname>

So on Android Blackberry contacts type 'j do' to get 'john doe' without getting too many results like 'doe' would do or having to type many letters like 'John Doe' to get only one presented.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 11-12-16 at 09:45 AM.
    11-12-16 08:52 AM
    Didn't see anyone mention this but in the hub, you can swipe to the right from the left edge of the screen to change accounts / access hub settings etc., instead of using the three lines at the top left. So happy I found this because coming from passport the priv is soo tall especially with the pkb open! It took so much finger reaching to get up top to change accounts.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-16 11:21 PM
    Can't cell data be disabled when in sleep or when no data use is required? Older BB10 models like my Q5 allow this andit saves a lot on battery when yo are not looking to use any data or wifi.
    11-30-16 08:05 PM

This isn't working for me. Which os are you on?
    12-01-16 12:01 AM
    Actually, at least on mine, a single tap on the pkb opens the calendar, as does a swipe to the left. A swipe to the right closes the calendar quick view. It works in Hub and all email/social accts individually.
    Nope not this either.
    12-01-16 12:01 AM
    Could you describe in detail which browser, which button?
    Did you get an answer or find out what the user was talking about?
    12-01-16 12:08 AM
    Say you are in a meeting and you get a call because you forgot to set DND. Phone rings, you pick up the phone to see who is calling and then you can set it face down to silence the phone. Settings>Advanced interactions>Flip to mute.

I also set "Flip to save Power" here as well.

Great thread, great community! Loving my Priv so far!
    If meeting is in your calender, phone should go into meeting mode. This way you can avoid embarrassment I'd you forget to put it down. I usually don't bring in the phone at all.
    12-01-16 12:09 AM
    How do you change the lock screen shortcuts?
    12-02-16 06:59 PM
    People told me to get this tip here. I didnt give much thought of it, until today when I finally can 100% do this using the pkb.

This tip is for people who want to use the hub to compose email like a pro with pkb 100%

1. Shortcut to get the hub to open (I use H in my pkb)
    2. Press C for compose
    3. Press E for email (you can have bbm or sms if you want. I asked to add customized keyboard shortcut here but well, no one listened)
    4. Type in your receiver
    5. Double tap on pkb to switch to selection mode, scroll down in the pkb to get to subject to cc fields etc.
    6. After inputting your subject, enter to get to body email. Compose your email
    7. Ctrl enter

You don't have to leave your beloved pkb anymore
    12-06-16 10:06 AM
    People told me to get this tip here. I didnt give much thought of it, until today when I finally can 100% do this using the pkb.

This tip is for people who want to use the hub to compose email like a pro with pkb 100%

1. Shortcut to get the hub to open (I use H in my pkb)
    2. Press C for compose
    3. Press E for email (you can have bbm or sms if you want. I asked to add customized keyboard shortcut here but well, no one listened)
    4. Type in your receiver
    5. Double tap on pkb to switch to selection mode, scroll down in the pkb to get to subject to cc fields etc.
    6. After inputting your subject, enter to get to body email. Compose your email
    7. Ctrl enter

You don't have to leave your beloved pkb anymore
    That's amazing and this gave me an idea that double tap should be available in email list so we can scroll down and select emails instead. Like how BB7 used to be with a trackpad. Without that you still need to go all the way up to screen and tap to select emails or folders when filing etc..
    12-06-16 09:23 PM
    That's amazing and this gave me an idea that double tap should be available in email list so we can scroll down and select emails instead. Like how BB7 used to be with a trackpad. Without that you still need to go all the way up to screen and tap to select emails or folders when filing etc..
    Maybe @c_bryant34 might give us some insight about this
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    12-07-16 09:02 AM
420 ... 1213141516 ...