This is what I was thinking, I was just wasn't sure how the hub pulls the notification, whether or not I need to be logged in the gmail account and keep it live. I mean, on the phone.
    Nah it's safe , you can disable gmail app and use BlackBerry hub for email client
    03-15-17 08:22 AM
    This is what I was thinking, I was just wasn't sure how the hub pulls the notification, whether or not I need to be logged in the gmail account and keep it live. I mean, on the phone.
    Just add all the accounts you want the Hub to notify on to the Hub. Took me a while to figure this out. Part of the "cultural switch" from BB10 to Android.
    03-15-17 11:08 AM
    Just "discovered" that caps lock on the soft keyboard can be activated with either a long press or double tap on the shift key. I like the double tap.
    anon(3641385) and gizmo21 like this.
    03-15-17 11:09 AM
    Once you get the Android Hub setup, you'll quickly realize that, while it is a different experience from the BB10 Hub, it does offer certain advantages of its own. Things like custom LED colour notifications, and swipe to snooze or delete.
    03-15-17 01:06 PM
    Once you get the Android Hub setup, you'll quickly realize that, while it is a different experience from the BB10 Hub, it does offer certain advantages of its own. Things like custom LED colour notifications, and swipe to snooze or delete.
    Is this another app I have to download?
    03-15-17 05:46 PM
    The Android version of the BB10Hub is a Blackberry app and is included with any Blackberry device. You can do all those things I mentioned within the Android version of the Blackberry Hub.
    03-15-17 05:48 PM
    lol, nevermind, it's because you called it an "Android Hub", I thought it was like the BB hub, but like another competition app, since there are other android phones with notification lights.
    03-15-17 05:50 PM
    For customs LED. No you can set that up in the hub settings by clicking on each account. This is only available for email accounts however. Anything else like BBM, Facebook, and so on, you have to go into each specific app and of the developer has that option you can set the LED Color there.
    03-15-17 05:51 PM
    Yep, I got it! Thanks for the help! Now I just have to figure out how to setup my icloud mail, because it fails to connect to the outgoing (smtp) server and I tried every settings i found.
    03-15-17 06:21 PM
    Ok, nevermind again. Found the right settings.
    Do you guys use the plain vanilla android app for sms or is there a better one? I looked around, didn't see good reviews for any alternative app.
    03-15-17 06:56 PM
    Do you guys use the plain vanilla android app for sms or is there a better one? I looked around, didn't see good reviews for any alternative app.
    Textra for me. Its so much better then the stock app and integrate into the hub as well.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    03-15-17 07:19 PM
    For customs LED. No you can set that up in the hub settings by clicking on each account. This is only available for email accounts however. Anything else like BBM, Facebook, and so on, you have to go into each specific app and of the developer has that option you can set the LED Color there.
    I wonder why the hub couldn't do customizable LED for all accounts it "monitors". If it can do it for emails, then why not others?
    03-15-17 07:23 PM
    I wonder why the hub couldn't do customizable LED for all accounts it "monitors". If it can do it for emails, then why not others?
    I think it's a licensing some sort or agreement. Same reason like why Facebook isn't supported on BB10 anymore
    03-15-17 07:35 PM
    I think it's a licensing some sort or agreement. Same reason like why Facebook isn't supported on BB10 anymore
    No its likely because those are separate Apps with their own led settings while email is not. The hub would have to somehow override the app settings itself. Not issue with that with an email account.
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    03-15-17 07:43 PM
    I use Pulse. Nice and customizable. The phone app is free. If you want to use it on a tablet or a computer, you can, but there is a small fee. I think it is worth it, but everyone's needs are different.
    03-16-17 01:03 PM
    Yaata SMS and Textra are both supported in the Hub. The consensus seems to have settled on either one of these two. I use Yaata. The developer is active on these forums.
    03-16-17 01:37 PM
    Mood and Textra are great, but I think for the best emojis and customizing Chomp is the best. It's a paid app but I patch everything so it's all free. Here's a screenshot of Chomp. You still will have to pay for the app so you can sign in, but it's nice to test it out before you buy.

Last edited by hoytbowhunter; 05-29-17 at 02:10 AM.
    05-29-17 01:49 AM
    Mood and Textra are great, but I think for the best emojis and customizing Chomp is the best. It's a paid app but I patch everything so it's all free for me lol. Here's a screenshot of Chomp.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b4a7f0a1aa.jpg
    Are you seriously bragging about ripping off devs?
    05-29-17 01:59 AM
    I'm not bragging.. But I patch everything and try it, if I like it I still have to pay or I can't sign it through Google. So I still have to purchase it.
    05-29-17 02:04 AM
    Are you seriously bragging about ripping off devs?
    If you want to talk about people ripping people off then you should talk about the people who are getting BlackBerry Apps from Cobalt free when they should be paying BlackBerry to use the apps.
    05-29-17 02:08 AM
    If you want to talk about people ripping people off then you should talk about the people who are getting BlackBerry Apps from Cobalt free when they should be paying BlackBerry to use the apps.
    That hurls chuncks for sure. I know it happens, and probably a lot, but I can't wrap my head around it. How low does your standard of living have to be if you really, truly, cannot afford a couple of bucks on an app that you feel is worth having?

Anyway, thanks for explaining with your earlier reply. And sorry to have gone off topic.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-29-17 02:17 AM
    Love chomp!
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-29-17 10:06 AM
    That hurls chuncks for sure. I know it happens, and probably a lot, but I can't wrap my head around it. How low does your standard of living have to be if you really, truly, cannot afford a couple of bucks on an app that you feel is worth having?

Anyway, thanks for explaining with your earlier reply. And sorry to have gone off topic.
    Not a problem at all. I actually don't have to patch anything anymore because the Play Store will let you try it and get a refund so that's always nice. If I don't like the app I still don't ask for a refund, I gotta support the devs anyways. It's only right.
    05-29-17 10:51 AM
    Love chomp!
    Me too! I been asking them to change the icon and I offered them quit abit of cash to do so because just asking wasn't working lol.
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-29-17 10:52 AM
    I'm not bragging.. But I patch everything and try it, if I like it I still have to pay or I can't sign it through Google. So I still have to purchase it.
    Curious, why were you so happily bragging that it was patched, so free?
    If like most apps you get a free trial, why the need to patch?
    06-02-17 12:40 PM
420 ... 14151617