Back in November of last year I believe I was one the first to get a Priv , as said before I sent back due to poor build ( clicking noise on lock screen and a soft spot on back plate, ) and the Hub being now where near as good as Passport

I have two phones, , passport for work , Sony for personal..

The Passport while being a great email device ( the best ) it's lack of currency and stocks and shares apps was bad for me

The android versions either lagged or froze , this has been getting worse this year.

Seeing Cobalts BlackBerry apps for Android ..got me to download them on the Sony Z5 premium, on screen keyboard etc was brilliant but I could not understand why they would let someone do this ...

I do now ...( I have subscribed)

I got to have another look at the Priv ..finally found one at EE as Carphone warehouse were dreadful..

No clicking , no soft back ...thought it would be worth a try ...one more go

Got one on line a month ago for 399 via Carphone online ...wish I could have gone to EE as Carphone didn't deverse a sale but at 100 pound cheaper...

Again build quality excellent, and the Hub ..wow has that come on!!

So much now is as good as bb10..passport now sits next to computer on a dock station use it sometimes for an email..

But Priv is now what it should have been at launch, great build , great hub ,great on screen keyboard and secure

Took me 10 months , but I was wrong to judge Priv so quickly.. ..Blackberry this is now an excellent phone 👍👍

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by simon williams4; 09-16-16 at 10:55 AM.
    09-16-16 10:44 AM
    Glad to hear and welcome back. I've been through 5 of them. Number of known and unknown issues, but it boils down to the fact I was close, but not willing to give up on BlackBerry.

09-16-16 10:56 AM
    Just got mine today. I am just enthralled at the build quality as well. Was expecting the worst from all the reviews and videos online, but glad to find out that build quality is just stunning. Feels and looks like a tank even with its non-monocoque chassis. Coming from a Samsung Note 3 and. Samsung A8, with no issues on both. But my nostalgia for a PKB finally did me in and ordered the Priv. I did not make a mistake. Just finished setting it up and I definitely see this Priv as my daily driver now. I almost caved in for a Passport and then the DTEK50. Glad I ended up getting the Priv. Just worth every penny now with its current price. The big bonus is that its VKB is just as good and even peerless versus my experience all these years with Android phones with sorts of VKB apps. Funny thing is now, I'm looking at the DTEK50 as a secondary phone...

09-16-16 11:10 AM
    Great to hear, congrats on the purchase

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 Phone
    09-16-16 11:17 AM
    SW4, good to see that you were willing to give it another go. I am very pleased I made the transition as well.
    09-16-16 03:35 PM
    I never had any build or quality issues with my PRIV and I have had my original from day 1 of the launch with AT&T.

The PRIV today is most definitely and excellent device... it has come a long way since launch with the updates of the BlackBerry Apps and Marshmallow OS.

Nice to hear you came back to the PRIV and you are happy with its current status... 👍

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    09-16-16 03:56 PM
    Got mine in July. Build quality is quite good. I was a stout BB10 guy and still am. But this Priv is quite nice.

Carmels likes this.
    09-16-16 07:25 PM
    So you found your perfect Priv, I'm glad. Always good to see some happy fans xD.
    09-17-16 08:38 AM
    Think I need to get my hands on a Priv, this is arousing my interest.
    09-17-16 08:51 AM
    Me too

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 09:19 AM
    Couldn't be happier with mine. Got one after my wife took my passport SE. I've really come to love this phone and it definitely has the differentiation that the passport also had. Software is a lot better than when I first tried out the BlackBerry android on a release priv.

09-17-16 09:21 AM
    I was quite happy with BB10, but frustrated that even with work around, some apps I wanted would not function properly (MLB AtBat and our local tV station app and a work app). I had played with a functioning demo unit at my local store and just was confused in how to navigate the OS. But I figured I could learn whatever it was and bought mine off ebay new for $299.

Once I figured out the OS was in some ways reminiscent of BBOS only much more powerful, I really started loving this device. Marshmallow has just really settled the few heat and battery issues I had. It's a great phone. Love both keyboards, but for long posts I am on the pkb.

The device market needs BlackBerry devices. They need the pkb's and the innovation that is BlackBerry to say nothing of the security they provide.
    09-17-16 09:47 AM
    I was quite happy with BB10, but frustrated that even with work around, some apps I wanted would not function properly (MLB AtBat and our local tV station app and a work app). I had played with a functioning demo unit at my local store and just was confused in how to navigate the OS. But I figured I could learn whatever it was and bought mine off ebay new for $299.

Once I figured out the OS was in some ways reminiscent of BBOS only much more powerful, I really started loving this device. Marshmallow has just really settled the few heat and battery issues I had. It's a great phone. Love both keyboards, but for long posts I am on the pkb.

The device market needs BlackBerry devices. They need the pkb's and the innovation that is BlackBerry to say nothing of the security they provide.
    I agree. When AT&T first offered it, I visited a few stores when in the Mall. But without setting up email and google, etc in the Hub, it was really difficult to get a feel for the unique aspects of the phone. Obviously, I could play with a few apps but I was interested in the Hub. Also, frankly, those tether straps holding it to the display station makes it hard to really try.
    09-17-16 10:25 AM
    Welcome back. Priv is now a much improved device compared to Lollipop version.

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    09-17-16 01:38 PM
    Op same here but I still miss bb10

Posted via Priv
    nvsfg likes this.
    09-17-16 01:48 PM
    Back in November of last year I believe I was one the first to get a Priv , as said before I sent back due to poor build ( clicking noise on lock screen and a soft spot on back plate, ) and the Hub being now where near as good as Passport

I have two phones, , passport for work , Sony for personal..

The Passport while being a great email device ( the best ) it's lack of currency and stocks and shares apps was bad for me

The android versions either lagged or froze , this has been getting worse this year.

Seeing Cobalts BlackBerry apps for Android ..got me to download them on the Sony Z5 premium, on screen keyboard etc was brilliant but I could not understand why they would let someone do this ...

I do now ...( I have subscribed)

I got to have another look at the Priv ..finally found one at EE as Carphone warehouse were dreadful..

No clicking , no soft back ...thought it would be worth a try ...one more go

Got one on line a month ago for 399 via Carphone online ...wish I could have gone to EE as Carphone didn't deverse a sale but at 100 pound cheaper...

Again build quality excellent, and the Hub ..wow has that come on!!

So much now is as good as bb10..passport now sits next to computer on a dock station use it sometimes for an email..

But Priv is now what it should have been at launch, great build , great hub ,great on screen keyboard and secure

Took me 10 months , but I was wrong to judge Priv so quickly.. ..Blackberry this is now an excellent phone

Glad to hear your experience, I have not fully switched as of yet. But I am going back and forth. Well written.............and spot on!
    09-18-16 10:40 AM
    Took me 10 months , but I was wrong to judge Priv so quickly.. ..Blackberry this is now an excellent phone ����

I was in the same boat. Early adopter back in November. Had it a few days and sent it back to to a faulty camera, but I didn't like the experience overall. Got it again in January and decided to stick with it. Glad I did! I can honestly say that it is a better device than my Passport.
    09-18-16 10:50 AM
    I noticed that it takes a while for the Priv to understand how we use it. I had many other BBs before but with the Priv it got better with time, as it learns our patterns in usage and improves performance. I love my Priv, it's the best BB ever!
    09-18-16 11:10 AM
    Mine's been excellent from day one. No problems whatsoever.

09-18-16 02:11 PM
    You are a very honest person. Verizon is trying to improve Priv, but it's not so easy. Keep the faith !
    09-18-16 05:41 PM
    Unfortunately out of nowhere my passport stopped working the radio went out and I couldn't get service anymore I could have paid the deductible and got a new one but impulsively decided to buy the priv in store. I was a little bit stressed and emotional not having bb10. I'm so comfortable with it. Shock culture I guess you could say but overall I'm beginning to really enjoy this phone. I'm glad that at least it's got the physical keyboard and the Hub and the apps are working very nicely. I will still always love my passport but this is a nice change of pace. Some things still can't be done as fast as the bb10 OS however. Not yet anyways. Maybe it was good I waited til this week to get the priv. The updates have worked out well.

09-18-16 06:43 PM
    Great story...for me the Priv gets better and better!

09-18-16 07:14 PM
    You are a very honest person. Verizon is trying to improve Priv, but it's not so easy. Keep the faith !
    Perhaps you meant to say something else that got changed by autocorrect or a mistyped word. Verizon is definitely NOT trying to improve the Priv. Although they should be.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    09-18-16 08:26 PM