Again, 1.5 million devices was just in the first 6 months. They made a small inventory, wich makes sense since it's a small company, and they didn't know how much sucess. The new one will have up to 50x more inventory, i guess judging by the demand that the first one had

source:
    OnePlus 2 will have up to 50x more inventory than the OnePlus One at launch, and a reservation list for invites | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Paul Sawers
    1. OnePlus sold 1 million units in the first six months and only 0.5 million units the following six months for a total of 1.5 million devices through the first calendar year.

2. OnePlus is not profitable and may never make a dollar.

3. Blackberry is not competing in this segment.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 11:53 AM
    1. OnePlus sold 1 million units in the first six months and only 0.5 million units the following six months for a total of 1.5 million devices through the first calendar year.

2. OnePlus is not profitable and may never make a dollar.

3. Blackberry is not competing in this segment.

Posted via CB10
    Hate to be that guy, but, give me Source, or didn't happen.

I fail to believe that a company like OnePlus is operating at a loss... doesn't make much sense since the only thing OnePlus makes is that smartphone. It's not like Blackberry or Microsoft that could operate the samrtphone business at a loss since they have other revenue products, wich OnePlus doesn't.
    09-16-15 01:49 PM
    If I were John Chen, I'd launch the Slider here.

https://t.co/4NGQFNG8c5

Wide vision, from Chile.
    09-17-15 09:00 AM

Wide vision, from Chile.
    That would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 09:08 AM

Wide vision, from Chile.
    Wow, is that for real? The store, I mean.
    09-17-15 09:10 AM
    Nice,.. can't imagine walking into a store with a BlackBerry product in it, much less an actual BlackBerry store.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 09:12 AM
    You have a point, and what you say it's true, although not always... Look at the One Plus 1.

Readiness of the product - Almost none thanks to the invitations sistem.
    Partenerships - None
    Carrier treatment - None

But it was sucessfull, because the product was good and spoke for itself. The OnePlus 2 is having 50x more inventory than the first, and they don't make much marketing for it.
    The One Plus sold well because you got a lot of phone for a little $$. BlackBerry can't compete on pricing. Their OS differentiation allowed then to get a higher ASP with lower end hardware. Android will take that away.

Posted via Z30
    09-17-15 10:22 AM

Wide vision, from Chile.
    From the pic, looks like slider camera
    09-17-15 10:24 AM
    The One Plus sold well because you got a lot of phone for a little $$. BlackBerry can't compete on pricing. Their OS differentiation allowed then to get a higher ASP with lower end hardware. Android will take that away.

Posted via Z30
    I want to say even with a cheaper price and high specs, it still wouldn't sell much more than what they have now.
    09-17-15 11:58 AM
    I want to say even with a cheaper price and high specs, it still wouldn't sell much more than what they have now.
    I agree. The brand is tarnished and people will still associate the name BlackBerry with BBOS. They have invested nothing to correct that, and will need to invest heavily now to get the message out, something they cannot afford to do. This Android switch will keep investors at bay a couple more quarters and give Chen more time to find another diversionary tactic.

Posted via Z30
    09-17-15 12:21 PM
    From the pic, looks like slider camera
    It's the Passport SE's camera:

09-17-15 12:34 PM
    I agree. The brand is tarnished and people will still associate the name BlackBerry with BBOS. They have invested nothing to correct that, and will need to invest heavily now to get the message out, something they cannot afford to do. This Android switch will keep investors at bay a couple more quarters and give Chen more time to find another diversionary tactic.

Posted via Z30
    Actually, the Android switch will do more to counter that perception than any marketing they could have reasonably afforded.

I've said it before, the most effective marketing is one that reinforces a person's beliefs and perceptions while nudging them into learning something new.

The Android slider will play into the 'BlackBerry used to make devices that struggled' idea held by many, and tack on "... but now they are finally joining modern times by making an Android device."

It makes all those 'haters' feel good (and knowledgeable) inside by telling them what they thought 'right',... and that makes them way more receptive to the subsequent message.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling and DueNorthBB like this.
    09-17-15 01:08 PM
37 12