Passing this on as I got to know only today...

If you still thinking about pulling a trigger on Priv, use a credit card to buy the phone... some of them provide advantages such as,

* Price protection - The price difference if the price falls within 3 months of purchase...

* Purchase Protection - get back your money to some extent if you have lost your phone/its damaged.

* Extended warranty - for goods with less than 3 years warranty... in our case it's going to be 2 years if we buy using credit card...

I used a discover card to place the order and as I suspect, if the price drops, I can get back the difference...

Every card is different so please check your card benefits before placing the order...

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 11:52 PM
    Yup. If I do order, it will be with my Discover or AmEx for the reasons posted! Nice reminder to others :-)

Posted via CB10
    Elango87 likes this.
    10-31-15 12:11 AM
    Wow! I never knew this, thanks op!

Posted via CB10
    Elango87 likes this.
    10-31-15 12:38 AM
    MasterCard World (Elite) has those benefits too, in Canada.

EDIT: MC World has an exclusion on electronics for price protection. But I suppose at least it has extended warranty and purchase (loss) protection.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 11-03-15 at 08:36 AM.
    Elango87 likes this.
    10-31-15 06:59 AM
    MasterCard World (Elite) and Visa Infinity has those benefits too, in Canada.
    If a mod can edit the title, it would be better... hope many of them take advantage of this opportunity to pre order the Priv...

Title should be For those who are in the US and Canada...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 08:23 AM
    If a mod can edit the title, it would be better... hope many of them take advantage of this opportunity to pre order the Priv...

Title should be For those who are in the US and Canada...

Posted via CB10
    Just hit the report button, they'll be on it.
    10-31-15 08:38 AM
    Just hit the report button, they'll be on it.
    Done!
    Elango87 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-31-15 08:45 AM
    MasterCard World (Elite) and Visa Infinity has those benefits too, in Canada.
    Do they have price protection?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 02:31 PM
    Do they have price protection?

Posted via CB10
    World MasterCard� Credit Cards | Exclusive Deals, Promotions and Offers | MasterCard� Canada
    Scroll to the bottom.

And I might be mistaken about Visa Infinite as I don't have one, but it does have warranty:
    http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/common/...EB_ENGLISH.pdf
    10-31-15 02:47 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up but can you be more specific regarding price protection in US? I have both discover card and AmEx and I have never seen that benefit listed... any particular card offer that? I will look into that closely and report back but if someone knows the answer even better...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 03:18 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up but can you be more specific regarding price protection in US? I have both discover card and AmEx and I have never seen that benefit listed... any particular card offer that? I will look into that closely and report back but if someone knows the answer even better...

Posted via CB10
    Each card is a bit different with their benefits package so you need to check with your documentation and card issuer.

But general procedure is call your card's benefits administrator, fill in a form for a claim.
    10-31-15 03:26 PM
    World MasterCard� Credit Cards | Exclusive Deals, Promotions and Offers | MasterCard� Canada
    Scroll to the bottom.

And I might be mistaken about Visa Infinite as I don't have one, but it does have warranty:
    http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/common/...EB_ENGLISH.pdf
    I can find cards that double the warranty up to an extra year but can't find any that offers price protection. Do you know of one that offers it?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 04:44 PM
    I have a Capital One Costco Mastercard and it says it only offers 2 months of price protection of up to $100.

Posted using my sick Z30
    10-31-15 04:58 PM
    I have a Capital One Costco Mastercard and it says it only offers 2 months of price protection of up to $100.

Posted using my sick Z30
    Like I said every card is different... my discover offers 3 months protection up to 500$ and my capital one master card offers 2 months and 100$...
    Find a Friend who has discover card and place the order...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 06:31 PM
    if you don't mind asking, have you used the "price protection" feature in your cards? because i am reading the benefits, and the discover card offers 90 days of purchase protection up to $500, but no mention of price protection... and i have three different AmEx cards (one of them with really great perks) and neither of them mention any price protection...

Like I said every card is different... my discover offers 3 months protection up to 500$ and my capital one master card offers 2 months and 100$...
    Find a Friend who has discover card and place the order...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:31 PM
    if you don't mind asking, have you used the "price protection" feature in your cards? because i am reading the benefits, and the discover card offers 90 days of purchase protection up to $500, but no mention of price protection... and i have three different AmEx cards (one of them with really great perks) and neither of them mention any price protection...
    What is purchase protection? If you lose or break the item?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 08:18 PM
    yes, if you accidentally damaged, lost or an item get stolen you can claim the money back... pretty good, no? let me share how i used this for the first and only time in my life... i got a jacket with one of my AmEx cards and in one of my trips less than a month later i left it in my seat on the plane... i realized just two min after getting off the plane, so i went back to the gate (passengers were still exiting the aircraft)... the airline rep said that after checking my seat, there was no jacket... a friend suggested me to call AmEx, which i did and explained what happened... i was so honest that i said: it didn't get stolen, i left it on the plane, totally my fault... the rep told me that actually it was stolen, because i went back and it wasn't there... so they gave me my money back in my card... AmEx have one of the best customer services i have ever seen... of course some people will abuse this benefit but the number of customers with high level of satisfaction is way bigger and that's how you keep people using your services/products... if you have the chance to get one AmEx card, at least in US and in my experience, i would strongly recommend you to apply for one...

What is purchase protection? If you lose or break the item?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:56 PM
    No wonder Apple Pay comes to Canada with Amex only.

Posted via CB10 on Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-01-15 12:30 AM
    Please see the images attached. Maybe its not in your card benefits.

For those in US or Canada: Buy with a CC!-screenshot-2015-11-01-01.17.23.jpgFor those in US or Canada: Buy with a CC!-screenshot-2015-11-01-01.17.40.jpg
    11-01-15 01:22 AM
    No wonder Apple Pay comes to Canada with Amex only.

Posted via CB10 on Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    TD is getting it.
    11-01-15 06:23 AM
    Thanks for the info, and sadly I don't see that benefit in my card... I will call them to see if I can change my current card for that one, for sure it's a great perk... you said your card is from US, correct? Thanks!

Please see the images attached. Maybe its not in your card benefits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2015-11-01 01.17.23.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	378462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2015-11-01 01.17.40.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	378463

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:10 AM
    Thanks for the info, and sadly I don't see that benefit in my card... I will call them to see if I can change my current card for that one, for sure it's a great perk... you said your card is from US, correct? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    You are right... its from the U.S. They provide pretty good support.
    11-01-15 09:46 AM
    As a general thought, with these credit cards offering all these different tyres of benefits no wonder interest rates on Credit Cards are hovering around 20% at least in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:46 AM
    As a general thought, with these credit cards offering all these different tyres of benefits no wonder interest rates on Credit Cards are hovering around 20% at least in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Credit cards should never actually be used as credit tools, despite the name. They are a payment method, not free money. Pay everything off and use within the limits, it will be of benefit.
    Elango87, Elite1 and walt63 like this.
    11-01-15 09:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Gallopiton, it looks like it's available on all the discover cards... here is an in depth view on the purchase protection from various credit card companies... the best part is discover covers even the black Friday sales...

http://www.frugalhack.me/2014/12/22/...dit-card-perk/

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:59 AM
37 12